PDA

View Full Version : Post-50th Anniversary shock syndrome

Pages : [1] 2

Opus1guy
07-20-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I seem to be suffering from some sort of depression caused by the sudden lack of anticipating Disneyland's July 17th 50th Anniversary.

I mean all the hype...all the media...all the countdowns...all the posts! Waited all my life for that moment...and now it's gone.

I don't know what to do with myself. I've locked my honey in a closet. I'm kicking the dog. I've started an affair with my neighbor's wife. I'm constantly putting the toilet seat cover down. I'm watching the Lifetime Channel. I'm humming Christmas Carols. I'm considering putting a painting of dogs playing poker in my den. I'm in a rapidly downward spiral, emotionally. Jeez...I'm even thinking of [gulp] going to Universal Studios!

I think I need help. Any suggestions?

Micki0624
07-20-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I seem to be suffering from some sort of depression caused by the sudden lack of anticipating Disneyland's July 17th 50th Anniversary.

I mean all the hype...all the media...all the countdowns...all the posts! Waited all my life for that moment...and now it's gone.

I don't know what to do with myself. I've locked my honey in a closet. I'm kicking the dog. I've started an affair with my neighbor's wife. I'm constantly putting the toilet seat cover down. I'm watching the Lifetime Channel. I'm humming Christmas Carols. I'm considering putting a painting of dogs playing poker in my den. I'm in a rapidly downward spiral, emotionally. Jeez...I'm even thinking of [gulp] going to Universal Studios!

The best thing, if you purchased it, is to listen to the CD set. With 50 years of Disneyland tracks it should help a bit.

K & S
07-20-2005, 10:57 AM

I don't think there's a 12-Step program for your problem. Have you thought about painting the house? ;)

charpaul
07-20-2005, 10:58 AM
GO to the park - spend an afternoon on a bench by the hub - watch the kids, CM's and the flowers.
You will start to feel better :fez:

one step at a time :D - when you start to feel better you can check out some attractions!!!!

TikiGeek
07-20-2005, 10:59 AM
I think I need help. Any suggestions?Take 2 Churros and call me in the morning! ;)

ETA - Keep your hands off my wife! :D

yellowrosedtxn
07-20-2005, 11:04 AM
I feel the same way - depressed. At least you got to go to the 50th celebration at Disneyland. I came home about 15 days too soon. I did love every minute I was there though. I have been humming the stuff from Haunted Mansion - I have the 2 cd set that I pop into my cd player for whenever I go driving - to ANYWHERE!

Well, next summer can't come soon enough. I am not wishing my life away, but I will savor and review all my pictures (which I have yet to post) that we took at Disneyland.

P.S. I'm glad I am not the only one having withdrawls.

Mark Mywords
07-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I'm feeling it too.

I'm filling up my evenings editing Dland related audio and video. That helps dull the pain.

phoenixfire2k5
07-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'm feeling it too.

I'm filling up my evenings editing Dland related audio and video. That helps dull the pain.

There are other things to look foward to. Like the new HP film coming out. :p And xmas at disneyland this year. Heck, I found out that the sequel to the Transporter is coming out in September. Saw the trailer and it looked sweet!! Just look back on the fond memories if this past weekend. I know I will. :D

Disneyfun
07-20-2005, 11:33 AM
You think you have let down! I have a whole summer off of work to enjoy things adn every thing came in the one week. Starting on Tuesday I go to See Wicked. HAd tickets for over too months. THen Friday night I went to the midnight madness to pick up the long awaited Harry Potter book. ANd then early sunday morning To Disneyland for the Brithday celebration. Sure I streached that to the next day. But now that is done Harry Potter is Read and they are showing BAck to School Commericals on the tv. I am sooooo Down!

Tomorrow we will start painting the house@ Oh joy oh rapture! Yeah right! :(

TikiGeek
07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm looking forward the crowds thinning out after Labor Day. Because of all the hype for the 50th, there really was no "off season" after Christmas 2004. I'm hoping that things will be slow this fall. :)

Crazy4DL
07-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Take 2 Churros and call me in the morning! ;)

ETA - Keep your hands off my wife! :D

LMHO!!! :D ;)

Hakuna Makarla
07-20-2005, 11:45 AM

Yes I do, you must go out on a limb and send That stange woman ( Karla) a ticket for the plane and for the park so she can experience all you have this past week) yes, you must do it quick before you change your mind :)
Then she can come back and tell you all about her fun and how she rode space mountain !!!

Crazy4DL
07-20-2005, 11:47 AM
Yes I do, you must go out on a limb and send That stange woman ( Karla) a ticket for the plane and for the park so she can experience all you have this past week) yes, you must do it quick before you change your mind :)
Then she can come back and tell you all about her fun and how she rode space mountain !!!

oh - good idea - send two! I'll go with you Karla!! :D ;)

Opus1guy
07-20-2005, 11:47 AM
A moderator just told me my hour's up.

;)

Disneyfun
07-20-2005, 11:48 AM

;)
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Crazy4DL
07-20-2005, 11:49 AM

;)

yeah sure :p ;) :D

another idea - go read the "Tell something about the person that posted before you." and see the wonderful image Karla has of you! that should pop you right out of any depression! :D ;)

Opus1guy
07-20-2005, 11:50 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

It was a joke! You know...like shrinks always tell their patients, "Your hour's up." Out of time.

phoenixfire2k5
07-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Go to the circular room and find the penny in the corner. :p

Just kidding. :p

Hakuna Makarla
07-20-2005, 11:53 AM
It was a joke! You know...like shrinks always tell their patients, "Your hour's up." Out of time.

yeah yeah! so do what I say andsend one special person to disneyland ( yeah thats me :) ) again do not think about it, just go straight to the ariport and buy that ticket ( right now mister!! ) and then email me for the address to send them :D

pisces
07-20-2005, 11:58 AM
"I don't know what to do with myself. "

Hang on, 'cause Christmas is-a comin.

Only four more days until QVC's "Christmas in July" blow-out.

And, I'm having an early Christmas party with my Christmas photos, which are currently making their way (long journey) online.

The Christmas season is about to be in full-swing, shortly. And, not a moment too soon.

phoenixfire2k5
07-20-2005, 11:59 AM
"I don't know what to do with myself. "

Hang on, 'cause Christmas is-a comin.

Only four more days until QVC's "Christmas in July" blow-out.

And, I'm having an early Christmas party with my Christmas photos, which are currently making their way (long journey) online.

The Christmas season is about to be in full-swing, shortly. And, not a moment too soon.

"Jingle bells, Batman smells......."

ROTFL! That reminds me of a funny line from a recent episode of the Justice League Unlimited. <dodges a few tomatoes :p > The founding members with the exception of Batman had to turn themselves into the government.

General: Where's Batman?

Flash: He's gonna be late. You see, the batmobile blew a wheel. And the Joker got away.

ROTFL!!

Opus1guy
07-20-2005, 12:00 PM
yeah yeah! so do what I say andsend one special person to disneyland ( yeah thats me :) ) again do not think about it, just go straight to the ariport and buy that ticket ( right now mister!! ) and then email me for the address to send them :D

I may be crazy, but I'm not insane!

:)

disney jones
07-20-2005, 12:01 PM
now all the hoopla is over, i'm going to Disneyland :D :D

Opus1guy
07-20-2005, 01:08 PM
One of the reasons that could be adding to my depression is the fact that at my age...it's very likely that this was my last big Disneyland Anniversary.

I was at the 10th and 25th (I was also at the 30th, 35th, 40th etc, but I never really considered those "major" anniversaries) and the 50th. My chances of still being vertical at the 75th are rather poor, according to most insurance actuaries.

It's like...that's it. Game over, dude.

You think I might have the basis for an emotional distress lawsuit against Disney? After all...this is all their fault. And I think a few hundred thou to play with would certainly perk me up!

:)

AVP
07-20-2005, 02:04 PM
A group of us were waiting in line to ride Space Mountain Sunday night, and were discussing what on earth we were going to do now that there wasn't a big event to look forward to. I mean, from a MousePlanet perspective we launched during the pre-DCA fever, and then went from that straight into Walt's 100th, Mickey's 75th and then the count down to the 50th. Now what? Wait a year for all of the bright shiny paint to start peeling before we have something to write about? ;)

It is something of a let down, only because this has been so all-consuming for so many months. And for me, Sunday was a little sad, only because I had been waiting so long and it was over so fast. I know I overeacted to a lot of things that happened that day only because I wanted it to be a *perfect* day, and reality intruded.

But there's really quite a lot to look forward to, and I guess that's one of the things I love about this company. Hong Kong is coming soon. Disneyland gets a Halloween event again. Christmas "moves" to DCA. Space Mountain gets a night version. Tower gets a new program. Monster's opens. Subs reopens. Seems like Disney has a lot planned through 2007.

But yeah, right now it feels like I'm waiting for the paint to start peeling.

AVP