PDA

View Full Version : Rededication Video

WITron
07-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Did anyone record the rededication ceremony. I was hoping that it would be in the updates like with May 5th, but I haven't seen it.

Karin
07-20-2005, 06:01 AM
Did anyone record the rededication ceremony. I was hoping that it would be in the updates like with May 5th, but I haven't seen it.

I did, WITron, but it's on a mini camcorder tape and I don't know how to transfer it to a medium that I could post here. That and it was hand-held and while I tried my best to hold as still as possible, sometimes my leg itched and the camera moved while I scratched it, or my arm cramped and the camera moved when I stretched, stuff like that. :-) Unlike my husband who is a camerman for a living, I don't do stuff like that everyday and I was quite stiff afterwards!

I bet MousePlanet will have something soon for us all to see.

I'll be at the resort this weekend for a conference and if you're anywhere nearby, I could bring it and you could meet me and I could let you watch it... just an idea.

olegc
07-20-2005, 07:53 AM
If you check some of the other DLR-focused websites you will find videos already posted. More than likely MP will have one as well...

Disney Vault
07-20-2005, 03:17 PM
If you check some of the other DLR-focused websites you will find videos already posted. More than likely MP will have one as well...
I haven't seen any video of the rededication ceremony in town square with Mickey. The other sites have videos of the ceremony in front of the castle though.

olegc
07-20-2005, 04:06 PM
There was no rededication ceremony at Town Square with mickey. All I recall they would do is replay Walt's speech at 4:45pm over the speakers around the park (and on Jumbotrons). Then they went ahead and replayed the ceremony from the morning session...

Also - Diane Disney Miller did sort of kick off the re-dedication in the morning - which her dad's video took over.

If I am wrong please correct me. Thanks..

Disney Vault
07-20-2005, 07:18 PM
There was no rededication ceremony at Town Square with mickey. All I recall they would do is replay Walt's speech at 4:45pm over the speakers around the park (and on Jumbotrons). Then they went ahead and replayed the ceremony from the morning session...

Also - Diane Disney Miller did sort of kick off the re-dedication in the morning - which her dad's video took over.

If I am wrong please correct me. Thanks..
I saw pictures in one of Darkbeers online albums and I thought that is what it was. Are you sure there was no ceremony type thing in town square? :confused:

olegc
07-20-2005, 07:26 PM
I saw pictures in one of Darkbeers online albums and I thought that is what it was. Are you sure there was no ceremony type thing in town square? :confused:

I went to Darkbeer's site for this "ceremony" http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/673242/1 and if you look at all of the photos there is no live component. It's all images spliced behind Lean Rimes (sp) singing the theme song from the May 5th event. as well as video of Walt giving the original dedication. If you look at the Mickey image you can make out that it's a late 70s early 80s version of Mickey (the head is different).

WITron
07-22-2005, 09:59 PM
I am looking for video of the morning ceremony. If anyone has a link to another site for that I would greatly appreciate it.

Tambour
07-22-2005, 11:00 PM
I've been listening to the audio from the whole thing, but I haven't seen a full video

WITron
07-22-2005, 11:07 PM
I've been listening to the audio from the whole thing, but I haven't seen a full video
Where did you find the audio?

experiment626
07-23-2005, 08:59 AM
mouseinfo has video of the morning ceremony.

IndySpacePirate
07-23-2005, 09:18 AM
And I will have a special 50th video coming out in the next few weeks (or less) :) Yes, I was there on Sunday...

AaronInCal
07-23-2005, 12:14 PM
I went to Darkbeer's site for this "ceremony" http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/673242/1 and if you look at all of the photos there is no live component. It's all images spliced behind Lean Rimes (sp) singing the theme song from the May 5th event. as well as video of Walt giving the original dedication. If you look at the Mickey image you can make out that it's a late 70s early 80s version of Mickey (the head is different).

I think they are talking about where Mickey was standing at the base of the flagpole in Town Square, where the didication plaque is while they were playing Walt Disney's original dedication speech made in 1955. There was no "live" ceremony, just Mickey standing there, but it still looked like it was a pretty cool moment, judging by the pictures.

Tambour
07-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Where did you find the audio?
http://www.toonfinder.com/blog/2005/07/21/toonfinder-presents-episode-11/

Disney Vault
07-26-2005, 10:50 AM
I think they are talking about where Mickey was standing at the base of the flagpole in Town Square, where the didication plaque is while they were playing Walt Disney's original dedication speech made in 1955. There was no "live" ceremony, just Mickey standing there, but it still looked like it was a pretty cool moment, judging by the pictures.
Yeah that is what I was talking about.
Here are pictures of that.
http://www.westcoaster.net/updates.php?updateCD=072005&page=9

Mickeyslittlehelper
07-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I got a great video of the whole thing, including the doves, but the file is way too big to post... I will try to make it smaller....