PDA

View Full Version : Favorite souvenir you ever bought at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

keschy
07-19-2005, 05:50 PM
I have bought tons of little things over the years but I have a couple things that I just love. My absolute favorite is a musical castle snowglobe that plays" once upon a dream". I listen to it every night before bed. I also have a fleece Disneyland sweatshirt that I wear all the time.

shawnarae
07-19-2005, 05:57 PM
2 little ceramic figurines I bought at D'Land when I was 12.....a little Cheshire Cat & the Little Mermaid...they have moved around with me during my parents divorce and to Hawaii for college, then back to Az to get married and now in Vegas with my 3 kids & hubby I still have them, 15 years later!

Also I have a red sweatshirt zip up jacket with Mickey on the front, from maybe 1992 or so....still wear it every now and again :)

SallySkellington
07-19-2005, 06:09 PM
I can't choose between my Jack Skellington doll and my Sally doll. :D

shawnarae
07-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I can't choose between my Jack Skellington doll and my Sally doll. :D

I still need to see "Nightmare Before Christmas". They have some cute Jack & Sally merchandise at D'land. (thinking to self: Need to do before my next trip in Oct)

SCUBAbe
07-19-2005, 06:29 PM
A jewelry box that played a song when it opened. It was very delicate and pretty...my daughter broke it when she was 3 or4 ..*sigh*...now my italian charm bracelet...not the add a link kind, but the sterling silver version..:)

hlbtimes2
07-19-2005, 06:30 PM
The silhouette I had made of my two kids in Dec. 2003. It combines my two favorite things- my kids and Disneyland. LOL

Micki0624
07-19-2005, 07:21 PM
I think the CD set they came out with this year is the best.

Disneynerd
07-19-2005, 07:31 PM
My "Official" Album of Disneyland. It's in my car at all times. I finally memorized the "Parade of the Stars" opening, but it's obviously gone now.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. Disneyland is honored to have you as our guests. We invite you now to celebrate your day with us as over 40 of our own Disneyland guests make their grand debut with Mickey Mouse and all of his pals in a magical parade of the stars!" Sorry, I had to get it out!
:rolleyes:

h_lehmann
07-19-2005, 07:31 PM
My first churro, Spring of 1982. I'll treasure it always!

SarahShep
07-19-2005, 07:32 PM
I LOVE my Pirate shot glass that I got this year...I haven't used it yet...but it's soo cool. That, and the Pirates Life and Haunted Mansion Clue games...They're really fun and just like having a little bit of DL in your living room!

h_lehmann
07-19-2005, 07:34 PM
OK, seriously now. I'm not one for buying knicknacks, but I my favorite purchases have got to be my set of Mel Kirkpatricks books about the early years at Disneyland. That and the autographed Rod Miller CD.

DangerMouse
07-19-2005, 07:56 PM
My very first Annual Pass. I cried when I bought it in April and will probably keep it long after it expires! I just wish I could use it more often. :crying:

pirateabbie
07-19-2005, 08:32 PM
I love my enormous Beauty and the Beast Snow Globe. It's so heavy I can barely pick it up to wind up the music. I'm also quite fond of my Princess picture frame but I think I got that in Disneyland Paris.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
07-19-2005, 09:01 PM
My favorite is actually something DH got for me. When we were in Disneyland in January we stayed at the Grand Californian and I loved the waffle-weave robes they had. Somehow DH got one without me knowing about it and took it to Main Street to have it monogrammed for me. I use it every day.

Elly
07-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Sentimental wise, it has to be the silhouettes of my kids from the first trip we took them on to Disneyland. Practicality wise, for the past 3 trips I have purchased a new watch each trip. It's something I can wear every day and remember my trip!

I Heart Disneyland!
07-19-2005, 09:48 PM
It was more something my daughter bought for me, and gave to me, at Disneyland. We had been there for a week, when she was about 12. On our last night there, we were sitting on a curb, watching fireworks and watching the people go by when all of a sudden, she handed me this darling little stuffed Pooh Bear. She'd bought him for me during our stay there, and I had not even noticed....and gave it to me that last night. Needless to say, I bawled like a baby! A $5.00 Poor Bear....it was the sweetest gesture and I cherish that Pooh to this day. (And, she is now 24!)

phillyorig
07-19-2005, 10:33 PM
I have 3.
First, was hubby and I on our honeymoon in 1985 in WDW and getting "OUR EARS".

Second was from the Crystal place. It was the rose in the glass from Beauty and the Beast (my FAV Disney movie).

Third, and most meaningful was taking my Mom,in 1996 and she getting "HER EARS"!!!
She just had a GREAT time.
Mom passed away Nov, 2002. We buried her with "HER EARS"!!!

GrumpyUTboi
07-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Shawna, Suprise AZ was a big Suprise when I went down there last April. I remember when it was just plain ole desert.

My favorite stuff bought at DL is all the Grumpy stuff that the kids and I buy for Mrs Grumpy. The kids eyes light up when they find another sweatshirt or figurine.

nursemelis374
07-20-2005, 07:33 AM
I just got Shag coasters on Sunday and they are awesome! I also got a cute, girly 50th shirt with the dates on it, so those are my favorites right now. My all time favorite thing is my talking POTC plaque, which my roommate bought me because she is the coolest!

fjhuerta
07-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Two things: My "Maintenance Crew" Tower of Terror sweatshirt and...

MY 6 CD BOX SET! I get all tingly inside just playing the first disc!

BlkPearlCptn
07-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Ok, that's easy. It doesn't have any kind of Disney logo on it, but it came from the park just the same. It is a medium-sized, (about two foot from nose to tip of tail) rubber iguana that I bought in AdventureLand about the time that Raiders of the Lost Ark came out. Now, having owned a real iguana before, you could easily tell that this thing was taken from a mould (sp?) of a real one. Even down to the ummm. yeah it could be a girl..detail. The only thinghokey about it is its eyes are painted red.

"George" (yeah named after George Lucas..I don't know why - seemed to be the right thing to do at the time). has gone though the years with me, sitting around on my desk, bedroom, various living room shelves, ect. But he has always been on display. In fact, right now he is sitting on the top of my computer monitor, next to my "Vader Tater", still looking just as good and real as he did the day I bought him. (I know..he should be showing signs of age and rot by now..but nope..and all he gets is a dusting every so often when i remember).

So, inspite of all the cool stuff to buy there, my favorite is my little ole' buddy, George. Course I also have a shrunken head and skull from Adventure Land too. Hmm.. looking at this I guess there was a pattern to my youth LOL

yellowrosedtxn
07-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I didn't buy it, but my parents did and to this day I still have my Silver Ears from Disneyland's 25th Anniversary. I think that is my best souvenir I have - other than my gold ears that I got this year!

millionairegirl
07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
The giant Matterhorn attraction poster I have framed. It's awesome!

crazi4dlr
07-20-2005, 01:40 PM
My favorite souvenier is one that I "inheirited" when my mom passed away in 2001. My mother adored POTC and when it first opened she bought a pirate head bank that she used to collect her change and every year she would empty it and buy us breakfast at DL with the money she saved. I gave the bank to my son because he wanted it because it belonged to grandma. It is my favorite thing from DL. My second favorite is the silohettes of my DH and me on our honeymoon and the ones we had done of our kids last summer when we went as a family for the first time. I also got the silohette of my mom and dad as part of my inheiritance so that hangs on the wall with all of ours.

flyingsaucerpilot
07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
When I was a kid, and each lands souveniers weren't the same (pre-eisner), tomorrowland had very cool, future stuff. I had this radiometer (lightbulb thing that has paddles inside that spin in the light). The paddles had pictures of airplanes on them. Very cool, wish I still had it, probably worth some money now!