PDA

View Full Version : Character breakfast changes?

Hoppypooh
07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
In another character meal thread, someone mentioned that the character breakfasts might be changing in August/September (specifically the princess breakfast becoming Mickey and friends.) Has anyone heard anything else about such changes and which characters will be going where? :confused:

SarahShep
07-19-2005, 12:38 PM
I can't imagine they would change the Princess Breakfast so soon...it's just barely begun! It replaced the Pooh and Friends breakfast sometime in the last year (because when we went in June of 04, it was still Pooh). I could be wrong, but it just seems silly to me to change it so quickly. It looked really busy when I was there at the end of June...

Fozzie
07-19-2005, 12:49 PM
The word on the street is that Princess dining will be moved to Ariel's Grotto/Mickey's Seaside Dining in DCA, and Mickey and friends will join the Plaza Inn this fall.

My guess is that it's a way to lure more people over to DCA. Also, there just aren't enough Princesses to accomidate the guests at the Plaza Inn - hence the change to costume characters which are more abundant and readily available.

SarahShep
07-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Good point...didn't think about that. Afterall, it did seem REALLY busy and I can see people getting upset when they don't get to meet ALL the princesses.

Micki0624
07-19-2005, 06:28 PM
I was there 2 days ago and asked how often it changed. The CM DID tell me they were changing very soon (within 2 mo. I think he said).

ChipmunkStar
07-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Well, as long as I'm not the one to break it, I will try to update it. August will be moving month for the Princesses.

Ariel's Grotto will be changing to Ariel's Disney Princess something or other featuring Ariel (don't ask, you'll see!), Belle, Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella.

Plaza Inn will be changing to Minnie and Friends breakfast in the park featuring stops by Minnie, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Fairy Godmother... and I'm sure I've forgotten a few names off that list.

Those are the only changes I've been told so far.

Fozzie
07-20-2005, 01:05 AM
SPOILER WARNING:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

(Ariel is going to appear without the fishy tail! Unless, of course, they change their minds at the last minute - like they did about the Beast in POD....)

hlbtimes2
07-20-2005, 07:30 AM
I think that is a great idea. She does get legs, and become a princess in the movie. No reason she cant have legs now! I'm excited. That means we'll be able to have our normal character breakfast in the park, and we'll be able to have a princess meal as well. My 7 year old wants to see the princesses but I didnt want to do the plaza because of all the bad reviews. We loved breakfast there when it was the Pooh gang.

EvanRude
07-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Does'nt she appear in the parade with a tail.
I might need to do some explaining.

stitchlvr
07-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Thank goodness! I think this will probably solve the problems we experienced at Plaza Inn in February. It seems like someone out there might be listening after all. I think that not having as many face characters at Plaza will solve the problem and will definitely be better for the CM's working there as well. Ariel's Grotto is smaller and more intimate so it will be easier for the face characters to get to everyone. The only problem is it might be more difficult to get into Ariel's Grotto now. It's a favorite of ours and I liked being able to schedule priority seating the day before (just a few weeks ago). Oh well, I can definitely put up with that so all the problems are fixed.

ChipmunkStar
07-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Hello, all Ariel has to do is talk to Daddy and get her legs switched to fins and vice versa. Ta da! End explanation.

charpaul
07-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Ariel used to appear in Ariel's Grotto with the tail riding on a seahorse cart.

It would park her at the bottom of the stairs and allow her to move among the tables when she was going backstage.

Wendi
07-20-2005, 06:36 PM
So Mickey will have come and gone from Ariel's Grotto and we won't have a chance for a Mickey character meal... darn!!! I was hoping he's still be around for our Oct/Nov trip this year.

ChipmunkStar
07-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Oh Mickey'll still be around... Just not around the food.

And like it's already been mentioned, Ariel will now be walking, so no more need for Charlie the annoying sea horse to return...

arpinl
07-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Ariel used to appear in Ariel's Grotto with the tail riding on a seahorse cart.

It would park her at the bottom of the stairs and allow her to move among the tables when she was going backstage.

That's interesting... Is that how Ariel is transported to and from her grotto in DL?

Hoppypooh
07-21-2005, 07:41 AM
Furthur to my first post in this thread, I called Dining yesterday afternoon to make my priority seatings for mid-September and the girl on the phone was very curt and rude. She said they weren't taking seatings, and wouldn't take my name. :(

Did I do something wrong? Am I calling too early? I called 90 days out for WDW and I just wanted to make sure I got the time I wanted at DLR too.