PDA

View Full Version : Who got wristband and stayed at resort hotel?

Disneyfun
07-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Okay I was wondering if anyone else stayed at one of the resort hotels and then came in and got wrist band at DCA? We did and I thinkit cut some wiat time off Since we did not have to stand in the far line over on Harbor side.
We left the hotel area around 5:30 and were one of the last few to get the PUzzel green and orange. BUt I had heard others who got the same puzzle wrist bands that they had been there since like 3:00. Anyone know for sure?
I kind of feel bad if this is true. But I guess that is a benifit of staying at the hotel. One side note one of our members did not want to get up that early so they got up at 6:30 and when they called they said the line was to Rain forest cafe but monorail line was not to bad so they got inthat line but the monorail did not start untill 8:30 and they missed the best part of the day the employee greet! Sorry I know I keep going on about that but it was just the best part!

Karin
07-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Okay I was wondering if anyone else stayed at one of the resort hotels and then came in and got wrist band at DCA? We did and I thinkit cut some wiat time off Since we did not have to stand in the far line over on Harbor side.

We stayed at the Grand and also entered DCA about 5:30. I agree that it seems we cut off a lot of wait time and probably got an earlier spot in line since we didn't have to wait out on Harbor. We had the orange and green puzzle piece wristband, too. I doubt that others in front of us had the same ones as we were held at the gate while they opened the new box of wristbands and just started giving them out about 25 people ahead of us.

When they read the colors off over the loud speaker, bright green was ahead of us, but we had walked so fast to our spot that we ended up with some bright green behind us, too. I heard they stopped letting people into DCA at about 6 a.m. and started running the line through DTD. Wow! All the way back to Rainforest?! Glad we got into DCA when we did. That's why we decided to stay at the hotel, too, easy and quick access first thing!

I totally agree that the CM greeting us down Main Street was awesome! A perfect start to the day. Choked me up <gulp!>.

Disneyfun
07-19-2005, 06:40 PM
We stayed at the Grand and also entered DCA about 5:30. I agree that it seems we cut off a lot of wait time and probably got an earlier spot in line since we didn't have to wait out on Harbor. We had the orange and green puzzle piece wristband, too. I doubt that others in front of us had the same ones as we were held at the gate while they opened the new box of wristbands and just started giving them out about 25 people ahead of us.

When they read the colors off over the loud speaker, bright green was ahead of us, but we had walked so fast to our spot that we ended up with some bright green behind us, too. I heard they stopped letting people into DCA at about 6 a.m. and started running the line through DTD. Wow! All the way back to Rainforest?! Glad we got into DCA when we did. That's why we decided to stay at the hotel, too, easy and quick access first thing!

I totally agree that the CM greeting us down Main Street was awesome! A perfect start to the day. Choked me up <gulp!>.

We were a bit farther behind you. I think we got the last of the Green and orange puzzle pieces because thoses about twenty behind up had the black and white. We could not hear the anouncements of the colrs because we were right were the bridge starts for the water fall on the back side of the grizzly bear run. (Which was the first time Ihad ever been back there. )

Karin
07-20-2005, 05:56 AM
we were right were the bridge starts for the water fall on the back side of the grizzly bear run. (Which was the first time Ihad ever been back there. )

We were on the Paradise Pier side on Golden Dreams. I just wish instead of making us walk all the way through Paradise Pier they had let us walk straight ahead towards Mulholland Madness. We would've reached the end of the line a lot faster. I understand why they did it though and sending us through PP ate up a lot of people and they didn't have to hold as many of us back. Were you in the group they held back at the bridge to Paradise Pier until the line had settled down and you then only had to walk from there past Golden Dreams and into the Grizzly River Run area?

At least you got to see a part of the park you hadn't seen before. Maybe that was an added bonus for the day? :-)

Disneyfun
07-20-2005, 08:31 AM
We were on the Paradise Pier side on Golden Dreams. I just wish instead of making us walk all the way through Paradise Pier they had let us walk straight ahead towards Mulholland Madness. We would've reached the end of the line a lot faster. I understand why they did it though and sending us through PP ate up a lot of people and they didn't have to hold as many of us back. Were you in the group they held back at the bridge to Paradise Pier until the line had settled down and you then only had to walk from there past Golden Dreams and into the Grizzly River Run area?

At least you got to see a part of the park you hadn't seen before. Maybe that was an added bonus for the day? :-)

Yes we were the ones held at the Bridge. I was thinking while being held there WOw I thought they had this all organized and then boom we hit that. WE would of probably been a little closer to golden dreams but with my grandmother of 83 years, plus my mom who is in a wheel chair and my 3 year old daughter we could not move quite as fast. I wish we had been some were a little more quiter it was even hard to talk to one another. BUt I am just glad I was there!