PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks cause Fire near Snow White Grotto

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfun
07-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Well Here is a story I would like to hear from Tinkerbell!

Tonight 7/18/05 just as Tinkerbell began her second decent a small fire was noticed near snow white's grotto. Tinkerbell continued to go back and forth how ever stayed mostly on the left side of the castle. Later her cables were seen going back to the matterhorn without her over what was now a larger fire.

To much of my surprise the fire went a bit longer than I expected it would. Those of us right in front of the castle were able to notice the fire. However it was out before too long most of the hub area had cleared for the most part. Those of us still at the castle all cheered when it went out.

My Uncle who was experancing the firework show for the first time was the one who saw it first. He tapped me and said " I do not think that is part of the show and I quickly realized no it was not. BUt Ihave to admit it was a bright red and tall much like the fire scean during the Indiana Jones section. My very first reaction was they forgot to shut that off untill very quickly a lunp came to my throat and I realize it was way too low!
I do have to admit. At first siting and realizing hte truth my mind said no problem it will be out quick. As the flames grew and the music had stopped I was getting worried. I was also trying to caculate how fast the fire would move to the other trees and then start a panic. I had with me my mother in a wheel chair my 83 year old grandmother and my daughter of 3yrs and the above mentioned uncle.

It was hard to say what exactly was on fire. As the fire was out we could see flash lights around the area of the castle that jets out by where the snow white castle was. NO one was allowed to walk the path up to small world every one was being diverted around.

When people were asked why they could not go that way there were told "THere has been a small malfuction and it will not be open the rest of the night."

The light near the castle never came back on. (The lights that light the side walk in front of the castle. It was a very long time before the hub lights came on as well. We kept waiting for the lights to come when we finally realized that all of main street had been re-lit, and it was only the lights in this area.

I have a picture But no web site to post at, sorry.

Well that was that was one heck of a way to end a very long and exciting week!

Disneyfun
07-18-2005, 11:16 PM
I was just going over my pictures and video and I actully have a bit of the fire on vidoe. It is mostly the filgt of tinkerbell and the end of the show but I did pan over and have some of the fire. It does give you kind of the idea of the size and location.

I am off to bed now but if some one gas a way of posting this email me with your e-mail address and I will be glad to send it to you!

Disney Vault
07-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Seems like there are more fires at the resort lately.

disney jones
07-18-2005, 11:37 PM
maybe some one was trying to say that July 18th was the real 50th anniversary (the day the public was allowed into the park) and was a bit miffed July 17th got all the headlines. :~D

disney jones
07-18-2005, 11:39 PM
I have a picture But no web site to post at, sorry.
you can create a small 300 x 300 pixel thumbnail and attach it to your post under 'Manage Attachements' down below

Opus1guy
07-18-2005, 11:44 PM
maybe some one was trying to say that July 18th was the real 50th anniversary (the day the public was allowed into the park) and was a bit miffed July 17th got all the headlines. :~D

Hmmm. I wonder if Darkbeer can account for his whereabouts at the time the fire started?

;)

sriggins
07-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Wow wild, would love to see the pics and video :)

It's a world of laughter a world of cheer, would someone mind getting a fireman over here....

Alex S.
07-18-2005, 11:59 PM
I've received a very blurry picture of it. It looks like it was pretty impressive for a fire that was quickly (in the grand scheme of things) put out.

We have a blurb about it in tomorrow's update but I probably won't post the picture since it is of such low quality.

Darkbeer
07-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Hmmm. I wonder if Darkbeer can account for his whereabouts at the time the fire started?

;)

I was at the Main Street RR station when the Fireworks started, and ended up in NOS for the last half.... I was nowhere near the Castle....:fez:

But I did get to enjoy the 2nd showing of Fantasmic! in a special location:fez:

shadyln
07-19-2005, 07:00 AM
So that's what happened! I was riding the "Ward Kimball" with my daughter. The train had pulled into the Toon Town station and I was close enough to the Conductor to hear his radio go off with someone requesting Paramedics to some location in the park. I wondered what that was all about; now I know.

Didn't see Darkbeer at all. Hmmm!

Disneyfun
07-19-2005, 08:59 AM
So that's what happened! I was riding the "Ward Kimball" with my daughter. The train had pulled into the Toon Town station and I was close enough to the Conductor to hear his radio go off with someone requesting Paramedics to some location in the park. I wondered what that was all about; now I know.

Didn't see Darkbeer at all. Hmmm!

Actually there was more excitement at the castle area. Paramedics were called out and a young man maybe early twenties was taken out in a streacher with an oxegen mask on.

My poor Daughter I finally get her to come see the firework show Prepared her for all of the loud effects and what does she get more frigtened about and Continues to ask questions about? THe man on the streacher and the fire. she was so worried and concerned over both!

Opus1guy
07-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Actually there was more excitement at the castle area. Paramedics were called out and a young man maybe early twenties was taken out in a streacher with an oxegen mask on.

My poor Daughter I finally get her to come see the firework show Prepared her for all of the loud effects and what does she get more frigtened about and Continues to ask questions about? THe man on the streacher and the fire. she was so worried and concerned over both!

Hope the poor guy didn't get hit by molten falling pyro! That's gotta hurt!

Disneyfun
07-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Hope the poor guy didn't get hit by molten falling pyro! That's gotta hurt!
No they actually got him out just before the fire works started andhe was on the left side. Fire was on the right.

ONe statement about seeing the fireworks at he castle. I in the street right next to the curb just a little off center to the left of the castles center. Althought I enjoyed the show as always. I felt that being that close is one of those things I would only do once. Having seen it by coke corner I fell that was just a little too CLose. NOt because of the fire. But it was like sitting inthe front row of a movie theater. You always have to look up and you can not see everything. But it was mice for my mom in the wheel chair to finally get to see something rather than everyones butt!

shadyln
07-19-2005, 09:49 AM
No they actually got him out just before the fire works started andhe was on the left side. Fire was on the right.Ahhh! But the secondary question seems to be, where exactly was Darkbeer? Hmmm! :D

Alex S.
07-19-2005, 09:57 AM
I've received a photo of the fire damage. The exact location of the fire was in the space on the other side of the wall from the Prince bathroom next to Alice in Wonderland.

The whole area isn't visible, but all that is is some smoke staining of the castle wall there. Still no word on whether there is more extensive non-visible damage or if it affects the show in any way.

stan4d_steph
07-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Ahhh! But the secondary question seems to be, where exactly was Darkbeer? Hmmm! :DLook at his response about 5 posts above yours.

shadyln
07-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Look at his response about 5 posts above yours.

Welp; there ya go! And I'll bet he's got pictures to prove it. I looked at 'em earlier, they're pretty good too. Thanks Darkbeer! You're the best. :)

Disney Vault
07-19-2005, 04:47 PM
I've received a photo of the fire damage.
Can you post it?

Alex S.
07-19-2005, 06:17 PM
Here you go:

http://albums.mouseplanet.com/DLSleepingBeautyCastle/FireAfter.jpg

Disney Vault
07-19-2005, 09:14 PM
Is the castle made of fiberglass like at WDW?

Chris1
07-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Has anyone gone back to the park since the fire? I was wondering if the show was changed at all.

Disneyfun
07-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Has anyone gone back to the park since the fire? I was wondering if the show was changed at all.
I can always hear the fireworks go off and I wondered if they would be I did hear them last night. If anything was changed I can not tell you. BUt t least it was not cancled completly.

coronado_g
07-20-2005, 08:44 AM
This is what I love about the Mouse Pad board - it's always so informative with excellent up-to-the-minute facts...and with pics too!

Gramiangel420
07-20-2005, 08:50 AM
I just called my daughter, who has been at the park off and on since Sunday. She said last night Tinkerbelle was flying back and forth, so it doesn't sound like it changed the show. She didn't even know about the fire, but she is going to look and ask when she goes in today. :cool:

Disneyfun
07-20-2005, 10:02 AM
This is what I love about the Mouse Pad board - it's always so informative with excellent up-to-the-minute facts...and with pics too!
When I first saw the fire my first thought was I need to gethome and get on mouse planet. When I saw no one had posted I knew I had to. :)