PDA

View Full Version : Four Halloween Disneyland dates?

Disney4Me
07-18-2005, 07:53 PM
I was reading a great post yesterday and am still looking for it now about 4 events for Disneyland for Halloween this year. I don't mean events I guess but 4 dates. If and when anyone has any information on this I would love to hear about it. Hopefully in coincides with our dates (Oct 9-19th) I think my son would love whatever they do. Still enjoying this board and all the great information. :) I think it was in one of the park updates for the 50th. I get sidetracked with all the great reports and pictures and can't find my way back. lol.

Disney4Me
07-19-2005, 03:53 AM
I finally found the link I was looking for and someone did post some tentative dates somewhere else but they were for after the 19th so I guess we will miss it. I extended our dates once but can't do it again.

Drince88
07-19-2005, 04:04 AM
I finally found the link I was looking for and someone did post some tentative dates somewhere else but they were for after the 19th so I guess we will miss it. I extended our dates once but can't do it again.
Could you share that link? The MousePlanet main page doesn't have any dates in the article, and I'm very curious!

Alex S.
07-19-2005, 07:18 AM
We haven't received any dates yet, so if you have a source for that I would definitely be interested in seeing it.

Disney4Me
07-19-2005, 08:14 PM
We haven't received any dates yet, so if you have a source for that I would definitely be interested in seeing it.
I have looked back through all the posts here..boy there is lots and can't find it. But I had written on a scratch pad Discover Disney and the dates 21/22 and 28/29. That may be the dates that someone had posted. I don't believe everything I read though as somewhere else I had come across an article that stated there was no Holiday Mansion overlay because of the 50th. I will just keep watching till I find something and when I do I will mark the source this time. There seems to be a lot of info on events at other parks but nothing on Disneyland.

millionairegirl
07-20-2005, 06:00 AM
I had read those same dates over at Disboards. Don't know how true they are.

Skunker
07-20-2005, 06:18 AM
I just spoke to guest services again (must put them on speed dial). The very nice woman there, Molly, said that they don't do anything for Halloween besides NBC because they have many guests visiting from out of the country who do not celebrate Halloween.

She also told me that she doubted the Christmas decorations would go up before the weekend of Nov 5-6... I was hoping, and had been told, they put the tree up overnight on Halloween. I hope she's wrong about this because I will be leaving before that weekend!

Also, she told me that they have no refurbs scheduled for the fall other than HM, but of course that could change. She said they are trying to run a full schedule/rides because of the 50th.

Disney4Me
07-20-2005, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=ginakai]I just spoke to guest services again (must put them on speed dial). The very nice woman there, Molly, said that they don't do anything for Halloween besides NBC because they have many guests visiting from out of the country who do not celebrate Halloween.

That is funny because at both of the Disney Parks overseas they run full out Halloween events and those countries hardly recognize Halloween at all. It was good of you to call though and clear that up. Thanks

MsYumiBr
07-20-2005, 08:17 AM
I spoke to guest services yesterday and they said they have nothing as of yet. Usually info about Halloween comes out the first week of August, 3 months prior to any events. I've been checking for years.

olegc
07-20-2005, 08:07 PM
THe DizPins site just posted some details about the Halloween Event - bringing back the Halloween Treat name...
go to http://www.dizpins.com and scroll down

EDIT - I went to the DLR AP site and all of the info on DizPins appears to be retrieved from there...

Wendi
07-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Nifty... thanks for the update olegc!

I was planning on going to DLR probably starting Oct 30th - which is a day earlier than my "official" October 31 arrival... so of course now I want to go a day early!!! I thought for sure they'd hold this event on Halloween night... strange that they aren't. Or maybe they are but aren't offering an AP special. Can't wait to find out more.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-20-2005, 09:13 PM
I just spoke to guest services again (must put them on speed dial). The very nice woman there, Molly, said that they don't do anything for Halloween besides NBC because they have many guests visiting from out of the country who do not celebrate Halloween.

She also told me that she doubted the Christmas decorations would go up before the weekend of Nov 5-6... I was hoping, and had been told, they put the tree up overnight on Halloween. I hope she's wrong about this because I will be leaving before that weekend!

Also, she told me that they have no refurbs scheduled for the fall other than HM, but of course that could change. She said they are trying to run a full schedule/rides because of the 50th.

That would be a change from the norm on the decorations. Isn't iasw holiday set to open November 4th?

olegc
07-21-2005, 06:09 AM
That would be a change from the norm on the decorations. Isn't iasw holiday set to open November 4th?

This is an interesting point - since the Christmas Parade is being moved to DCA - I wonder how much other stuff is being debayed over at the TDA building.

However, I don't think HMH or IASWH will be left out - they are too much of fan favorites.

funatdisney
07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
I was on this thread last night, but was unable to log on. I went to the AP link on the Disneyland website and they listed the nights. They are Oct 21 Fri, Oct 22, Sat and Oct 28 Fri and Oct 29 Sat. There is a special for those who buy thier tickets online Aug 1. THe cost is $15.00.

Drince88
07-22-2005, 04:12 AM
So are they only selling tickets to people who have APs? I tried to find something on their web site (like what, exactly, is involved with the party - or is it JUST trick-or-treating, and are the rides all going to be open, is there a special parade, etc etc etc) and couldn't find anything.

Oh, if they are doing that on BOTH weekend 'nights' of the weekend that I'm visiting, does that mean they won't be having the MSEP at all?! That'd be a bummer. It's something I would like to see one-last-time...

olegc
07-22-2005, 07:12 AM
So are they only selling tickets to people who have APs? I tried to find something on their web site (like what, exactly, is involved with the party - or is it JUST trick-or-treating, and are the rides all going to be open, is there a special parade, etc etc etc) and couldn't find anything.

Oh, if they are doing that on BOTH weekend 'nights' of the weekend that I'm visiting, does that mean they won't be having the MSEP at all?! That'd be a bummer. It's something I would like to see one-last-time...

According to the info - public tickets will go on sale 9/1. So that means that APs get two weeks of sale in advance. If you go to other sites that talk about the Not-So-Scary-Halloween party from WDW - the idea is similar. Decorations, trick-or-treating at some spots (usually fastpass areas), characters dressed in halloween garb, mood music, etc.

stan4d_steph
07-22-2005, 07:51 AM
According to the info - public tickets will go on sale 9/1.The correct date on the website is 9/15/05.

The $15 admission also includes parking, a nice bonus if you don't already have that on your AP or are giving the tickets to friends who don't have APs. :)

Drince88
07-22-2005, 04:04 PM
According to the info - public tickets will go on sale 9/1. So that means that APs get two weeks of sale in advance. If you go to other sites that talk about the Not-So-Scary-Halloween party from WDW - the idea is similar. Decorations, trick-or-treating at some spots (usually fastpass areas), characters dressed in halloween garb, mood music, etc.
The IDEA may be similar, but I'm interested in the specifics if anyone has heard any, yet. I've been to MNSSHP, and the following is some of what I really liked about that experience (and has lead me to get tickets for the Very Merry Christmas Party this year).

Will they turn the Electric Parade into a Halloween version with the Headless Horseman preceeding it? Will they have 'ghost stories'? Special Holiday-themed Fireworks? All the attractions open? Tons of extra characters out (especially the villians)?

It also doesn't appear that Matt is turning his back on the AP holders, if he's letting the tickets go on sale to that group a month and a half before the tourist can purchase them. (And stan4d_steph, where did you see that on the web site, I just did a search on "Halloween" and came up with no hits.) Unless he's really just ignoring the fact that some people DO visit that park from more than a short car ride away, and putting the delay in to affect the 'non-loyal locals'?

Leash81
07-22-2005, 04:22 PM
So I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of costumes would be allowed? I tried to find info about this on Disney's site and couldn't find what is considered ok, just this from the AP site:

All costumes must adhere to any guidelines as determined solely by Disney. Please choose costumes that are not obstructive, offensive, violent, or representative of famous persons or copyrighted characters. Guests' faces must be visible at all times.

So I wonder what the guidelines are. I was thinking I would wear my Snow White costume but she is probably a copyrighted character and my boyfriend pointed out that I may get mistaken for the character and asked to pose for pictures or something. So any ideas on what is ok to wear?

stan4d_steph
07-22-2005, 04:22 PM
And stan4d_steph, where did you see that on the web site, I just did a search on "Halloween" and came up with no hits.It's in the AP section under "Special Offers."

Drince88
07-22-2005, 04:43 PM
It's in the AP section under "Special Offers."
Thanks, that would explain why I couldn't find anything (non-AP person here - currently planning first trip since Feb 02 to DL)

olegc
07-23-2005, 06:15 AM
It also doesn't appear that Matt is turning his back on the AP holders, if he's letting the tickets go on sale to that group a month and a half before the tourist can purchase them. (And stan4d_steph, where did you see that on the web site, I just did a search on "Halloween" and came up with no hits.) Unless he's really just ignoring the fact that some people DO visit that park from more than a short car ride away, and putting the delay in to affect the 'non-loyal locals'?

Well, the first sign was the online survey. Then here... BUT - it may all come at a price... increased annual renewal costs...

I think they want to get back to having it a special program not just another way to get semi-guarenteed revenue.

Should be fun