PDA

View Full Version : Daughter has sun/heat allergy

Pages : 1 [2]

karliebug
07-25-2005, 05:26 AM
If you read my OP, you would see that I was not asking for a front of the line pass, just a place to wait out of the sun. If the CM told us to come back in 30 -40 minutes (or whatever the length of the line is) I could take her into a cool,shaded place and then come back. I am not trying to abuse the system.

MammaSilva
07-25-2005, 06:34 AM
Karliebug, like someone else posted, PLEASE do not think anyone here is making any accusations about your situation at ALL...you asked a perfectly reasonable question...are there any accomodations and what suggestions did folks have to help make your little ones visit more pleasant (and healthy safe for her!)

Unfortunately it seems all too often when a thread like this gets started it ends up as a debate on how can we take our kids with special needs ....be it sun allergy to physical/emotional/mental disabilties to the parks and make it the best experience possible vs those of the hey look I have a splinter I want front of the line access...or worse they don't even have a splinter they just don't feel that they should have to be like the rest of the guests and WAIT their turns for things. It's my understanding that WDW actually has a 'sun issue' policy in place that should work for your little one, never having been to WDW I can't vouch for the effectiveness of it so I'd go in with the plan b of plotting to do early entry, late nights, back to the hotel during the worst of the heat, knowing where every air conditioned building in the area was for those moments when you just have to cool her off and do the best you can to have a "normal" vacation with your family! Wishing you and yours the best time possible!

coronado_g
07-26-2005, 01:49 PM
I agree. I would not take the child on this vacation.

I'll second that. If you just found out about this allergy, there is NO telling just how severely she may react to the EXTREME heat of Florida. It may entail something much more severe than hives.