PDA

View Full Version : Momma said, "You never get anything in life, unless you ask for it"

TinkerMonkey
07-18-2005, 03:36 PM
I could post about the smiling CM's, spending my birthday at Happiest Birthday on Earth party (thanks! you know who you are!!), getting both pins, the mug and having a super-terrific-fantstic time with my friends...but, I ahve a little story about a woman who was once told that you don't get anything in life, unless you ask for it:

So...we are standing in line at the picture place. It was a long line and moving slowly. We wind around 4 times and as we stand about 8 people from the entrance, a woman walks up(she was on the other side of teh rope and also in line, and states,

"That's a nice Simba fanny pouch you have there," she saysd, gazing at my Simba.

"Thank you," I say, smiling.

"Have you had it awhile, or did you just get it."

"I have had it since 1996," I say proudly.

"That's a while. My husband has been encouraging me to ASK YOU FOR IT."

I just look at her and then at my precious...

"It's in such good condition," she exclaims.

"I only use it when I come to Disneyland."

"I have the one that hangs over your back and looks like he is sleeping."

"That's great,"...

I am at a loss for words...then the line moves. *phew*

I have to thank her for providing us with the next ten minutes on jokes and pee in your pants laughter! *LOL*

Disney Vault
07-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Sounds cool, how much you want for it :|

j/k :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-18-2005, 03:52 PM
I have to thank her for providing us with the next ten minutes on jokes and pee in your pants laughter! *LOL*

ROTFL!!!!

Don't forget boredom chatter. :p

adriennek
07-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Our group walked up to the Hub at 4:40 to listen to Walt's Opening Day speech. There were about 14 of us. The sidewalks were rather empty and the bulk of the crowd was a good 20-30 feet ahead of where we chose to stand. There was plenty of space between our group and the castle for others to stand. PLEN-TY.

A man behind us came up to our group and rather loudly said, "Excuse me, you're going to have to move along." (repeat several times.)

Our group: What? Why?

Well I've been waiting back there (points to another spot about 5 feet behind us) for awhile and now you're blocking my view of the Jumbotron.

(The jumbotrons were REALLY big so I'm not sure how we obstructed his view and did I mention that there was PLENTY of space all around our group?)

Uhm, well, we're not moving, there's plenty of room here. (Everyone returns to our normal conversations)

YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE ALONG!

Why?

BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WAITING OVER THERE!

Me: Well is this a walkway? Have CMs been coming through here saying we're not ALLOWED to stand here?

No.

Me: ok, then I'm not understanding the problem, you can still see the Jumbotron.

If I go get a CM will you MOVE? Is that what it's going to take? Do I have to get a CM to tell you to MOVE?

Us: Yeah, sure, if a CM comes over and tells us we're not allowed to stand here, we'll move.

He goes to get a CM. He talks to two "suits"/guys wearing ties. He gestures at us. The CMs point at us with puzzled looks and sort of shrug their shoulders and shake their heads no.

He ended up walking to a location closer to the Jumbotron.

Adrienne

BlkPearlCptn
07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
ROFLMAO..Literally have tears running down my face from the above two stories. Don't ya just love human nature? Hope there are more stories out there cause this is just making my day. (Oh Gods, I really need a life now don't I?) :D

Thanks for sharing!

K & S
07-18-2005, 05:54 PM
I could post about the smiling CM's, spending my birthday at Happiest Birthday on Earth party (thanks! you know who you are!!), getting both pins, the mug and having a super-terrific-fantstic time with my friends...but, I ahve a little story about a woman who was once told that you don't get anything in life, unless you ask for it:

So...we are standing in line at the picture place. It was a long line and moving slowly. We wind around 4 times and as we stand about 8 people from the entrance, a woman walks up(she was on the other side of teh rope and also in line, and states,

"That's a nice Simba fanny pouch you have there," she saysd, gazing at my Simba.

"Thank you," I say, smiling.

"Have you had it awhile, or did you just get it."

"I have had it since 1996," I say proudly.

"That's a while. My husband has been encouraging me to ASK YOU FOR IT."

I just look at her and then at my precious...

"It's in such good condition," she exclaims.

"I only use it when I come to Disneyland."

"I have the one that hangs over your back and looks like he is sleeping."

"That's great,"...

I am at a loss for words...then the line moves. *phew*

:) I've had similar experiences when I wear my "antique" ears to the park. I bought them at the Emporium 22 years ago, they are on a hair band, the ears are covered with velvet on the back and black sequins in front, with a red metallic bow. I wore them on May 4th and it seemed like every ten feet someone was asking wear I got them. And yes, one woman asked if I would like to sell them. :eek:

I value my Disney mementoes too much to part with any of them.

K

Disney Vault
07-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Our group walked up to the Hub at 4:40 to listen to Walt's Opening Day speech. There were about 14 of us. The sidewalks were rather empty and the bulk of the crowd was a good 20-30 feet ahead of where we chose to stand. There was plenty of space between our group and the castle for others to stand. PLEN-TY.......

Adrienne
That is great. Some people think they own the park or something. I am very glad you didn't move. :D

drjones
07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
that explains alot.
In my everyday experiences, i do a lot of waiting around. waiting for classes to begin etc.. so, i usually bring along a gameboy or my new PSP. 1st thing kids ask when they see me is, you guessed it, "can I have it?"

Now i see, they get it from their parents..

phoenixfire2k5
07-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Our group walked up to the Hub at 4:40 to listen to Walt's Opening Day speech. There were about 14 of us. The sidewalks were rather empty and the bulk of the crowd was a good 20-30 feet ahead of where we chose to stand. There was plenty of space between our group and the castle for others to stand. PLEN-TY.

A man behind us came up to our group and rather loudly said, "Excuse me, you're going to have to move along." (repeat several times.)

Our group: What? Why?

Well I've been waiting back there (points to another spot about 5 feet behind us) for awhile and now you're blocking my view of the Jumbotron.

(The jumbotrons were REALLY big so I'm not sure how we obstructed his view and did I mention that there was PLENTY of space all around our group?)

Uhm, well, we're not moving, there's plenty of room here. (Everyone returns to our normal conversations)

YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE ALONG!

Why?

BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WAITING OVER THERE!

Me: Well is this a walkway? Have CMs been coming through here saying we're not ALLOWED to stand here?

No.

Me: ok, then I'm not understanding the problem, you can still see the Jumbotron.

If I go get a CM will you MOVE? Is that what it's going to take? Do I have to get a CM to tell you to MOVE?

Us: Yeah, sure, if a CM comes over and tells us we're not allowed to stand here, we'll move.

He goes to get a CM. He talks to two "suits"/guys wearing ties. He gestures at us. The CMs point at us with puzzled looks and sort of shrug their shoulders and shake their heads no.

He ended up walking to a location closer to the Jumbotron.

Adrienne

LOL! Lets give Adrienne a round of applause!!! That was great! :fez:

shersaint1
07-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Tinkermonkey,

I'm still laughing at this incident. One thing that we didn't think of during our laughter that day is that maybe you should have asked her about her husband...."Have you had him long? My friends were encouraging me to ask you for him. He looks like he's in really good condition. I have one at home, but he's asleep all the time..."

cstephens
07-24-2005, 10:29 PM
I could post about the smiling CM's, spending my birthday at Happiest Birthday on Earth party (thanks! you know who you are!!), getting both pins, the mug and having a super-terrific-fantstic time with my friends...but, I ahve a little story about a woman who was once told that you don't get anything in life, unless you ask for it

Now that I know who you are... ;)

I hadn't heard about this story. I can imagine the "deer in the headlights" stare you must have given her. At least she didn't press you for it. Smile, nod and back away slowly!

Years ago, I was at a midnight-screening-on-opening-night at Universal City for "Terminator 2". I'd gone to a pre-opening convention the weekend before and had bought a T2 t-shirt, which I was wearing on this night. I was alone, btw. There were two guys in line behind me, and at one point during the wait to get into the theatre, one of the guys commented on how cool my shirt was. I said thanks and explained where I had gotten it. One of the guys asked if I'd be interested in selling it to him. Ummm, I'm wearing the shirt at the moment, and it's not like I brought a spare shirt. I just said, no, I wasn't interested in selling it.

Glad you had a great birthday!