PDA

View Full Version : Cats in the cast member parking lot are going to be okay :-)

ToursbabeC3po
07-18-2005, 12:14 PM
I few months back I posted a thread about the cats that live in the cast member parking lot being starved to death....I wanted to let you all know I found a yesterday they are going to be putting out automatic feeders for water and food for these cats in the next few days. The reason for this happening is the persistence of cast members that cared and even people on this board that complained about the treatment of these animals so I want to thank everyone for there efforts.
I also want to thank a special manager who cared enough to do something about it. I can not name any names but you know who you are so thank you :) (not just for this but everything)
Toursbabe

sdfilmcritic
07-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Cool Beans!! I was wondering what happened to those cats.

MrsG
07-18-2005, 12:15 PM
:) :) :)

phoenixfire2k5
07-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Thats good to know. Obviously, they were strays. But why didn't they just capture them and take them to a shelter or something?

Disney Vault
07-18-2005, 12:49 PM
That's good to hear.

DangerMouse
07-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Thats good to know. Obviously, they were strays. But why didn't they just capture them and take them to a shelter or something?

I've read that DLR wants the cats around to control the rodent population. I'm glad that they are being cared for now. :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-18-2005, 01:00 PM
I've read that DLR wants the cats around to control the rodent population. I'm glad that they are being cared for now. :D

If they were starving, that must mean there aren't anymore rodents, and that must mean they've done their job. :p

kbanmen
07-18-2005, 01:01 PM
I few months back I posted a thread about the cats that live in the cast member parking lot being starved to death....I wanted to let you all know I found a yesterday they are going to be putting out automatic feeders for water and food for these cats in the next few days. The reason for this happening is the persistence of cast members that cared and even people on this board that complained about the treatment of these animals so I want to thank everyone for there efforts.
I also want to thank a special manager who cared enough to do something about it. I can not name any names but you know who you are so thank you :) (not just for this but everything)
Toursbabe

There are stray cat in DCA as well, have been since i started working there. There is a family of 5. I was sooooo worried about them, until I found out a lady feeds them every day. They keep them there as mousers I think.. I only see them late late at night as they are scared of people

sdfilmcritic
07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
But what is the park going to do about the possums that run rampant through the park? I've seen quite a few running along the railroad tracks. There was one in particular that stood out in my mind when I saw it on the railroad overpass that marks the ToonTown entrance. It was standing near the edge looking down at everyone before it scurried away.

Disney Vault
07-18-2005, 01:37 PM
But what is the park going to do about the possums that run rampant through the park? I've seen quite a few running along the railroad tracks. There was one in particular that stood out in my mind when I saw it on the railroad overpass that marks the ToonTown entrance. It was standing near the edge looking down at everyone before it scurried away.
Are you serious? Or is it just a prop along the railroad tracks? Because I hate possums so much. They may need bigger cats :|

phoenixfire2k5
07-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Are you serious? Or is it just a prop along the railroad tracks? Because I hate possums so much. They may need bigger cats :|

Possums? OH NO!!! The rats ate the Disney food and they have mutated!!! LOL! Quick, someone kill em before they start breeding. Or are we too late? :~D :p

Biscuit
07-18-2005, 02:51 PM
There was one in particular that stood out in my mind when I saw it on the railroad overpass that marks the ToonTown entrance. It was standing near the edge looking down at everyone before it scurried away.

Are you sure it wasn't someone in a Mickey costume...? ;)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-18-2005, 03:24 PM
That is terrific. I know the cats have a job at DL too and they sure should be rewarded!

MrsG
07-18-2005, 03:58 PM
There are stray cat in DCA as well
I've seen them in the daytime. There are some that hang out between the train and Taste Pilot Grill.

sdfilmcritic
07-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Are you serious? Or is it just a prop along the railroad tracks? Because I hate possums so much. They may need bigger cats :|Yes, I'm serious. The little buggers are easily recognizable for their thin tails and ugly pointy faces. Ever seen The Princess Bride with the rodents of unusual size? Yep, it looked like one of them but only about nine to ten inches long or so.

Disney Vault
07-18-2005, 06:43 PM
There are stray cat in DCA as well
They seem to make it into almost everyone of DarkBeer's disneyland updates. :D

SoCalDude
07-18-2005, 09:07 PM
I few months back I posted a thread about the cats that live in the cast member parking lot being starved to death....

I dunno that much about cats - but if there was no food would they REALLY stay there?

At any rate - glad they got food.

MLM62486
07-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Do they live in the Katella CM lot? Probably so, I've never seen them because I park at BCML.

sriggins
07-22-2005, 07:14 AM
Step all the way in to your RatBuggy. Do not pull back on the safety bar, please. A Rodent of Unusual Size will do that for you. You can then begin to scream.

heh

ToursbabeC3po
07-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Do they live in the Katella CM lot? Probably so, I've never seen them because I park at BCML.

Yes it is the katella lot :-)
toursbabe

Disney Debbie
07-22-2005, 05:18 PM
When I worked at D/L the cats that use to live in the Katella Lot were fed by CM's. I saw pie tins filled with dry cat food and many cats partaking of the goodies. I guess things have changed in the last year. I am glad the cats are being fed, but that can kind of defeat the point since they are there to keep Mickey's black sheep relatives in check.

Debbie :fez:

ToursbabeC3po
07-22-2005, 06:35 PM
When I worked at D/L the cats that use to live in the Katella Lot were fed by CM's. I saw pie tins filled with dry cat food and many cats partaking of the goodies. I guess things have changed in the last year. I am glad the cats are being fed, but that can kind of defeat the point since they are there to keep Mickey's black sheep relatives in check.

Debbie :fez:

Hi Debbie,
Yes me and one other cast member have been feeding the cats for the past three years. (there was previously a thread about this a few months back) The problem was that if we went back not even 30 mins later to where we had set out the food someone had thrown out the food and the water. We now know it was the head of security in the katella lot. He made a big stink that we were feeding them and a few months back we were told if we got caught feeding them we would get written up or fired.
Well when I was Terminated in Feb. I continued to feed them because I know longer worked there so I could not get in trouble (yes I can still get in the lot because I still bank with partners and they allow credit union customers use the ATM at the cast member lot and there are other ways to get into that lot without ID) We were told that the cats were there to keep the mice population down. Now if the cats were healthy and not so skinny there would be no problem but these cats were under weight and many were ill.
It took A LOT of hard work and nagging to get this taken care of. We were very fortunate that one Manager listened to us and helped us out or this would have continued to be a problem. I once again want to thank the cast members, the one manager that cared, and all of you here on the board who wrote in letters to Disney about the abuse and neglect of these animals. Without everyone's efforts this would never have been resolved.
Oh!!! One other great thing that came out of this.....Because a few of us have gone out to feed these animals everyday these cats have become socialized (only the ones in the Cast lot) and two of them are extremely friendly and will be adopted out in the near future. So not only are these animals being cared for but some of them are going to have homes soon!!!!