PDA

View Full Version : To the Cast from Jay Rasulo

Disnerd
07-18-2005, 09:34 AM
I know all of us have been very busy and may not have had time to read the book, The Magic Begins with Me that was part of the Cast Member gifts, but I wanted to pass on Jay Rasulo's closing statements.

On the tenth anniversary of Disneyland. Walt cautioned his Cast Members: "I just want to leave you with one thought: That it's just been sort of a dress rehearsel...So if any of you start resting on your laurels. I mean. Just forget it, because-the show goes on tomorrow." This was true four decades ago, it remains true today.

Our first fifty years are just a beginning. As we continue to expand the exceptional standards and outstanding legacy of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts through out the world, we can never rest on past accomplishments, and never forget the traditions of quality established a half century ago.

This legacy of distinction that you carry on every day, in everything that you do at Disney. For this extraordinary commitment, I sincerely thank you.

The story of Cast Member excellence does not end here; this is just the beginning. The rest of the story is for us to write.

Jay Rasulo

And in my own closing to my fellow Cast Members who may have to work ten hour or tweleve hour days like myself, remember, You help make the dreams of millions of guest come true each and every day. Keep the dream alive!

PartridgeFam 2004
07-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks to all you CM that worked on the 17th. You made us customers feel like it was a real homecoming. I will never forget the welcome walking down Mainstreet to the waves and cheers and the smiles after a long night at DCA If I had the power you would all get raises. I met a few former CMs and a few in line with us who just got off the night before and came back , bought their tickets and stood in line with us. What stories they have to tell. Well you do truly make Disneyland the Happiest Place on earth or more likely the Universe. THANKS AGAIN

Disneyfun
07-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks to all you CM that worked on the 17th. You made us customers feel like it was a real homecoming. I will never forget the welcome walking down Mainstreet to the waves and cheers and the smiles after a long night at DCA If I had the power you would all get raises. . .Well you do truly make Disneyland the Happiest Place on earth or more likely the Universe. THANKS AGAIN

Yes Thank you!
It brings tears to my eyes to even remember this wonderful feeling as I walked down main street. I thought of it too late to ake pictures . But I did get a few of the top of main street next to the emporium and the one I will treasure the most. . . (Stops to wipe tears). . . THe one of the cast member who was giving Hi-Fives and then asked my dauther for a hug. NOt the best cropped picture BUt the Best memory!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!

kbanmen
07-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Thanks Guys, it makes working at Disney worthwhile when guests compliment us

Gone2Disneyland
07-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks for posting the letter. I appreciated how the CMs smiled all day and were helpful on what had to be a challenging day for them. I was there at 7:30 walking down Main Street U.S.A. to waving CMs and that was a special and very cool way to start the day, which was full and fun.