PDA

View Full Version : [Thank You] To all CMs from the 50th Bday

Disneyfun
07-18-2005, 06:02 AM
I was going to post this in the 50th disappionment thread but decided it needed to be seen by all cast members.
I want to thank each and eveyone of you for making my day so great! I have not read the other posts and experiences yet. BUt my experiance was good.
I enjoyed my day because I was there with family. And I can say I ws there.
But I have to say what made the day What Left me with the best feeling were the CMs the Greeting and the smiles as we walked from DCA into Disnayland and then Dowm main street. WOW I was not there on the 4th but on the 17th I felt like I was walking down the red carpet! It really felt great and words alone can not express how much this little part really made my day. So okay every one is excited first thing in the morning. But each CM that day just seemed to be excited. I was really afraid I would be running into cast members who were bitter because they had to work or could ot come into the park after working. I thought they might be tired and cranky and moe so as more of the guest became tired and cranky. But NO! Everyone I experianced always had a smile on thier face and seemed just as excited to be there as I was.
I am sure of you experianced some rude and terrible guests. But please please do not let that experiance take away how important you were and how much My family at least apperciated all you did Thanks AGAIN!

Opus1guy
07-18-2005, 07:49 AM
My post that's in the "50th Coverage Reminder" thread:

One thing there are definitely no reservations about at all...is just what wonderful Cast Members we encountered all day long, everywhere we went. You were all just wonderful, and we Thank You very, very much for all your hard work and dedication in keeping Walt's dream alive. And especially the generosity and the hospitality you exhibited on this very special Anniversary day.

Ears To You!

:)

kbanmen
07-18-2005, 08:59 AM
I worked all nite long at DCA... and heard some guests complaints.. and I felt soooo bad for them, but over all most guests just enjoyed being around othr disnen enthusiats.. (cant spell that word).. AT first I was a bit upset because we couldnt go into the park that day unless we were working, but once I talked to a few guests, I felt alot better. THey made me feel special as well, and I felt proud to be a CM... alot of guests thanked me for working, etc, and that made my nite special

thanks to all the guests, WELCOME HOME

Ulysses
07-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Everyone looked so happy to be coming in to the park! Seeing the smiles on the guests' faces as we waved them up Main Street made reporting for work before dawn a very small price to pay. I worked a 12-hour shift and could have done 16, because when the guests are happy and positive -- which they were, all day long! -- I have all the energy I need. It felt like one big party all day.

Sometimes DL starts to feel too much like a job, but when we can give someone a magical experience even for a moment, let alone a whole day, it's all good.

mypupmickey
07-18-2005, 12:20 PM
CM's: Thanks again for all of your hard work. I was another one who "teared up" when I saw the CM's lined up Main St. - It really was one of my favorite moments of the day - maybe my favorite! I have a picture of them lined up & even the picture makes me smile. :D

sriggins
07-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Yes thank you for your hard work in the heat, special overnight circumstances and making it a very special day!

kbanmen
07-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Yes thank you for your hard work in the heat, special overnight circumstances and making it a very special day!

Your welcome, fellow mousepadders :)

funatdisney
07-18-2005, 07:36 PM
I felt I couldn't tell all the Cast Members " Thank you for a lovely and memorable day" enough. All of you made my experience so special and meaningful. I will always remember the CMs on Main Street as we walked in. That in itself was worth waking up at 2:00am in get in line. The whole day seemed to be exactly what Walt would have wanted the guests of Disneyland to experience. CM, YOU were the most important part of my day yesterday. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

Micki0624
07-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I felt I couldn't tell all the Cast Members " Thank you for a lovely and memorable day" enough. All of you made my experience so special and meaningful. I will always remember the CMs on Main Street as we walked in. That in itself was worth waking up at 2:00am in get in line. The whole day seemed to be exactly what Walt would have wanted the guests of Disneyland to experience. CM, YOU were the most important part of my day yesterday. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

If it wasn't for the CM's, not the big wigs, the average workers, the day would not have been good. I would have hated to work at 3am, but the CM's who did were already saying have a happy birthday/homecoming.

SCUBAbe
07-18-2005, 09:05 PM
I also thank all the cm's (excpet for the evil one in tomorrwland by the bathrooms) everyone else was so nice and was going above and beyond to make every minute enjoyable..:)...ok one did tell me they were told to entertain the guests, but it made it fun...:)

SilverStyle
07-19-2005, 07:40 AM
It was a slow day, which meant a CM would be able to interact with guest on to one to one basis. I was proud and glad to be working. I was lil shocked at the line around DL when I got there that morning. Even guest were happy for the most part.

SeansMom
07-19-2005, 07:46 AM
It (almost) goes without saying: CM's are the heart of Disnelyand, and if management doesn't recognize it please be assured that most guests do!
Some of my favorite memories are from snatches of conversations with CM's, and one of my favorite pictures is of my DS and I with a security guy...hey, I bet NOBODY ever asks to get their picture taken with security ;).
Keep up the great work...you ARE appreciated!

adriennek
07-19-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm still dying to know if anyone saw me on Cast TV. I had the opportunity to thank the CMs when the reporter stopped my group and interviewed me, but I don't know how many people saw it.

It was supposedly running live at around 11 am.

Adrienne

Disneyfun
07-19-2005, 09:14 AM
It (almost) goes without saying: CM's are the heart of Disnelyand, and if management doesn't recognize it please be assured that most guests do!
Some of my favorite memories are from snatches of conversations with CM's, and one of my favorite pictures is of my DS and I with a security guy...hey, I bet NOBODY ever asks to get their picture taken with security ;).
Keep up the great work...you ARE appreciated!

The same goes for the great people who help keep the park clean.
I stopped two the other day and asked if I could take thier picture ( I am make a photo album for my DD and they were just shocked I wanted their picture.! But I told them they are important to the park and that is what my photo album is about!

Shortiemetoo
07-20-2005, 02:16 PM
I just returned from my vacation and I must say that I have never seen Disneyland in so much splendor!!! It was beautiful...
There was no trash on the ground...anywhere!!!! It was amazing!!! I was thanking all the sweepers and garbage can emptiers...lol not sure if there is a name for them...as they kept everything so beautiful!!
Even on the 17th I only saw one mess on the ground from a cupcake! That was amazing as they were handing them out EVERYWHERE and kids were dropping them right and left!!
The paint, gold, and landscaping were beautiful!!! Everything was shiny and in wonderful shape!!
Food service was fast, if you ate at slightly odd times!! The food was hot if it was supposed to be, cold if it was supposed to be and well prepared. The cashiers and servers were friendly and helpful with any of the special requests I had!!
Walking from DCA, after waiting in line all night, to Disneyland, down main street and to Thunder Valley for merchandise was an experience that brought tears to my eyes....all along the route CM's were saying "Welcome Home, Thank you for coming to Disneylands birthday, We are so glad you are here"!!! Lots of other nice things too, including high fives and "Wow you made it and you're the first ones in this morning!"
Awesome and made everyone feel special!!!
The lines were fast and efficient...my daughter was in line in DTD and got into the park by 9:30, having lined up at 7. Everything was smooth and efficient!! Kudos and I cannot say enough to thank all of the CM's for a very special and magical vacation!!!
You all went out of your way to make sure that we had a wonderful time!!! I left a lot of messages for different CM's but I wanted to thank you all for the most magical and memory filled Disneyland vacation EVER!!!
Thanks again!! :D

Tinkerbelle
07-20-2005, 02:55 PM
It's so good to hear nice things about the CMs. Thank you all for taking the time to post your experiences.

K & S
07-20-2005, 02:59 PM
The CM's were great on Sunday, even more so than usual.

I stopped at City Hall on my way out of the park and wrote a comment page about the CM's, and I followed up with a e-mail. :)

K

disneyperson
07-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Oh yes, thankyou!!!!! I will always remember being greeted and cheered by the CMs on mainstreet. I spoke with many CMs last weeknd and they were all particularly happy and friendly. I was surprised at how chatty so many of them were. They seemed as excited to be there as we were.
THANKYOU!!!!!!!

kbanmen
07-20-2005, 04:00 PM
thank you.. I only wish I was there to greet you guys.. I worked 11 pm to 7 am... cleaning bathrooms....... so I didnt get to greet the guests (wish I did) but this thread is a nice thread ........... to all the cm who greeted people..

I am soooo glad alot of guests had a great time.. I did enjoy working that night though.. I actually did see guests at about 6 am at DCA.. it was nice to see them as I rarely do

stinkerbell
07-21-2005, 12:49 AM
There's a certain incredible Blue Bayou hostess that got 16 of us at one table at the waterfront. It made for an incredibly magical lunch for a lot of Disney dorks I know!!! :) Thank you!!

I saw nothing but CM smiles all day and looong into the night!! I had a blast!!