PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Back! We Cheated...

bassett1976
07-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Okay, so my wife and I had reservations for the PP hotel this weekend but decided to cancel at the last minute since it was going to cost us $1500 for 3 nights. We decided a week at WDW would be better. We also didn't want to fight all of the people or stand in a line since 2am...

So, we have been reading all of the posts and looking at the pictures from various web sites. About 8:30 pm I started to get that itching to head down to DLR. Since I read that they had been giving the ears away at DCA I thought we could get in right before closing and try to get our own mouse ears. So we jumped into the car and off we went. Luckily we live about an hour from DLR.

We got off the tram about the time the fireworks started. We headed to DCA to try and get the ears. We went in, noticed that they didn't have any and walked out. Not that I've spent a lot of time at DCA but that was, by far, the quickest trip to DCA we've ever had.

We then went over to DL and tried to get in. They were letting people in and we noticed the few tables that they had for the giveaways. They had a few hats left over and we got our 50th ears at about 9:30 pm and we also got some of the daily events maps that they had for the day.

Then we walked up to the railroad station and tried to get onto the train. We had to wait for the next one since they were leaving. I then noticed that main street was packed from the hub all the way back to the flag poll. I don't think one person could have found an empty space. We then got to watch the rest of the fireworks show.

We finally got on the train and took a trip around DL. We stopped at New Orleans Square after our full round trip. We got to talk to one of the conductors on the train, Claudia, who told us that Space Mountain had a 2 hour wait this afternoon for wheel chair guests. She also told us that the CM got a 50th pin, 50th ears and a book. We asked her about the sub ride and she told us that they had given out a lot of information to the CMs (not sure what). I did ask about the subs themselves and she said they would be getting a new shipment of subs for the ride.

We then walked over to Splash Mountain and had to wait about 10 minutes to get on. We were expecting a LONG line. We realized that everyone cleared out after the fireworks. Not many people left in the park. We could have had a front row seat to the 10:30 pm Fantasmic show.

We then doubled back to Haunted Mansion and then walked over to see Buzz but it looked like the line wasn't moving at all. We then watched the mornings presentations on the big screens in front of the castle for a few minutes before getting a snack at the bakery before we left.

Needless to say it was quite a trip. We went expecting nothing but we got to go on three rides and also got our 50th ears!

Only 4 more days till another quick trip to DL!
Only 11 more days till our second trip to WDW!

eor1222
07-18-2005, 05:37 AM
I KNEW it! I had a feeling you couldn't resist... :-) So, did you pick us up extra maps or ears? (Just kidding...)

RStar
07-18-2005, 05:45 AM
I wouldn't call that cheating, just wise and lucky at the same time!

~Bob

bassett1976
07-18-2005, 07:08 AM
So, did you pick us up extra maps or ears? (Just kidding...)

We tried to get extra ears but they wouldn't give us any. They almost didn't believe that we hadn't gotten any already. We did get some extra maps. I'll hand them off to you today...

Opus1guy
07-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Well done! :)