PDA

View Full Version : Did crowds thin out towards the end of the 17th?

SeansMom
07-17-2005, 09:03 PM
For those of you who were there, I was just curious if the crowds thinned out much towards, say 4:00 pm or so. I was reading the other posts and just thought that, given the number of people who either stayed up all night or got up very, very early that attendance may have fallen off sharply in the afternoon as people headed home to crash.
Anyone know?

And here's a thought...what if you flew to Disneyland all the way from someplace like Japan and saw those lines, what would you think? Seriously, I bet there were at least a FEW people who had no idea, and showed up with all those other people :eek: .

nursemelis374
07-17-2005, 09:07 PM
This is true!

ILoveChurros
07-17-2005, 09:10 PM
SO true! My friend and I arrived around 2PM thinking we wouldn't even get parking! We did and we went to the park again thinking that we either wouldn't get in or it would be a madhouse. well we got in AND we got the golden ears, which we thought they would have run out of by the afternoon. The crowds weren't bad at all considering the special occasion

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-17-2005, 09:23 PM
I still don't regret not going. I was thinking too that most of the die hard fans or those afraid they weren't going to get in got there at 2am. I remembered how tired I was during my Grad Nite back in the early 90s and how tired I was by 8am and with age, it doesn't get any better.

I'm sure that many people visiting from foreign countries were warned it was going to be the 50th but probably didn't think it was a big deal. 50 years relative to other places in the world is nothing, for us it is though.

coronado_g
07-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Really? Do you think there was anyone on the planet who DIDN'T know about the 50th celebration? This has received an enormous amount of publicity world-wide. But, now that I give it some extra thought, you're probably right. There's always someone who hasn't heard about some major news event. For those of us here at MP, I'm sure it boggles the mind to think of someone not knowing! LOL!

sleepyjeff
07-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Really? Do you think there was anyone on the planet who DIDN'T know about the 50th celebration? This has received an enormous amount of publicity world-wide.

The fact that Disney is celebrating their 50th this year is widely known............the actual date is not, to my knowledge, being thrown out there much. Ask 10 people outside your Disney circle of friends what the actual date is that Disneyland was "born" and I bet not even 3 get it right.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-17-2005, 10:23 PM
I did talk to some of my friends and family about it and all of them had no clue. I mean they knew about the 50th anniversary but they didn't think much of it and really didn't care. One friend who is a fanatic has been terribly busy at work, he didn't realize its already July.