PDA

View Full Version : Character gone AWOL?

Craigster- diver
07-17-2005, 07:53 PM
We've been reviewing our trip to DL (June 21-28) and keep coming up with a common question....

"Where's Daisy Duck ???"

Daisy seems noticably absent from anywhere in DLR, and wasn't seen in any of the parades, shows, or character events.

My wife thinks she's left Donald for a younger drake....perhaps Daffy Duck (they're from different "flocks" and shouldn't be together at all !!!).

Anyone with information as to Daisy's whereabouts, please reply to this thread.

Thanks,

Craig

mraw
07-17-2005, 08:51 PM
The Daisy issue always bothers me. She is underutilized in both the parks and on merchandise unless they need an even six characters for something (like the huge mantle clock I bought a few years ago) or Minnie needs a best friend for more feminine products. She's my favorite character because she's the underdog (or underduck, whichever). I know that they have issues with finding multiple cast members that are short enough to "be a friend to both Donald and Daisy at the same time", so they almost always go with Donald. I can't remember whether or not it's Tokyo Disneyland or the upcoming Hong Kong Disneyland, but Daisy is more prominent there because of Goofy. I was told that Goofy's green hat is an issue (I think the color is offensive in some cultures), and Goofy looks bad without a hat, so they substitute him with Daisy. The same goes with the "Hello Kitty" styled Disney characters. Goofy didn't look right, so they switched him with Daisy. She's the official Disney stand-in.

ChipmunkStar
07-17-2005, 09:19 PM
Daisy used to appear fairly regularly at the Minnie and Friends breakfast at PCH Grill. Since the Lilo and Stitch switch, I'm not sure how frequently she visits over there. She also used to appear daily in the Donald's Vision show at DCA, but it has since been cancelled.

I know I have seen her a few times in Toontown (though far inbetween), and more recently I have seen her a few times in her 50th best in Town Square. Finding her is a bit more rare than anybody else, however. She sure does love her shopping....

disney jones
07-17-2005, 09:49 PM
we saw here at the Lilo and Stitch breakfast in Paradise Pier in February or March of this year.

PrincessMomma
07-18-2005, 09:23 AM
I actually haven't seen Donald around the park either except when he is in a parade. One of my sons keeps hoping to find him for an autograph, but we never seem to see him!

Stupid_American
07-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Saw them on the Omnibus just a couple weeks ago.

ChipmunkStar
07-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Donald likes to make sure Daisy isn't racking up too much on his credit card, so he usually likes to supervise her shopping sprees. When he does make it into the park, try these areas:

Parade of Dreams- Finale Float
Town Square (in his 50th best)
Toontown (in his regular sailor shirt)
Ariel's Grotto (in his regular sailor shirt) -- but don't rely on that one too long... ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!!!

DangerMouse
07-18-2005, 12:56 PM
We have seen both Donald and Daisy the last several times we have gone in Toontown. I've never had a problem seeing Daisy -- now, the very elusive Mary Poppins is another story!! :p Guess sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time.

lovegrumpy
07-18-2005, 04:02 PM
We have seen both Donald and Daisy the last several times we have gone in Toontown. I've never had a problem seeing Daisy -- now, the very elusive Mary Poppins is another story!! :p Guess sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time.

I was so excited when we seen Mary Poppins when we were thier. She even had Burt with her. I would love to see daisy duck.

mkcbunny
07-18-2005, 04:06 PM
When we went in early May, we saw Daisy doing a casual meet-n-greet on Main Street, just in front of City Hall. It was sometime after noon, though not too late, on either the Wednesday or Thursday that we were there.

Courtney Anne
07-18-2005, 06:23 PM
feminine products

LOL - sorry - i kow it is an atempt at poor humor but i had to laugh

and me and my son got to do the parade of stars and he got to hold hands and dance with both Donald and Daisy -- but that is the only place i remember seeing her...

ChipmunkStar
07-19-2005, 07:30 AM
Mary Poppins normally visits in the mornings at the Princess breakfast, then wanders around Fantasyland and the Hub areas.

With upcoming changes, she may return to Town Square in the mornings, and then Fantasyland in the afternoon.

spectromen
07-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Daisy's on the 50th anniversary plate currently for sale, which I find especially cute because she is in a Mardi Gras type outfit reminiscent of Party Gras. Too bad they didn't include her in the plush lineup though..

Vegitabeta
07-19-2005, 08:09 AM
I've met her in WDW! With Donald, the picture looks weird though because I was taller than both of them hehe :p

arpinl
07-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Daisy's on the 50th anniversary plate currently for sale, which I find especially cute because she is in a Mardi Gras type outfit reminiscent of Party Gras. Too bad they didn't include her in the plush lineup though..

I heard from a CM in Tours (whose favorite land is NOS and whose favorite character is Daisy Duck) that a plush will eventually be released. No idea when, but she seemed like a credible source.

Disneyfun
07-19-2005, 09:32 AM
There is a new pod cast called toon finder and they have great info about hard to find Characters at disneyland.! I found it in the new Itunes pod cast by typing in disney.

Tambour
07-19-2005, 09:22 PM
it's at http://www.toonfinder.com

GrumpyUTboi
07-19-2005, 09:54 PM
What about Grumpy? I need to get a pic of the wife with Grumpy.

ChipmunkStar
07-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Grumpy's been out a few times in the last couple of weeks with a few of the other dwarfs (occassionally even all 7 together!). Have a CM call the Toonfinder for you and ask on the day of your visit. They'll probably be at Main Gate.

Tinkerbelle
07-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Daisy was out by the Firehouse a few days, all decked out in her 50th Ann. clothes and everything.

I wish she'd come out more often though.

K & S
07-21-2005, 05:12 PM
We've been reviewing our trip to DL (June 21-28) and keep coming up with a common question....

"Where's Daisy Duck ???"

Daisy seems noticably absent from anywhere in DLR, and wasn't seen in any of the parades, shows, or character events.

My wife thinks she's left Donald for a younger drake....perhaps Daffy Duck (they're from different "flocks" and shouldn't be together at all !!!).

Anyone with information as to Daisy's whereabouts, please reply to this thread.

Thanks,

Craig

I don't know where Daisy has been, but if Donald suddenly acquires 3 more nephews that look just like him, I'm going to have some serious questions. :eek:

K