PDA

View Full Version : There at 2:45 & I was yellow!

mckygirl99
07-17-2005, 01:19 PM
When I arrived this morning at 2:45 I was completely surprised by how many people were already there. The morning did go by quickly however with everyone in a very excited mood. We got "yellow" wristbands which I had heard were given out by the color per every thousand people. It was very touching to see all the CM's out on Main Street cheering for us. I did manage to get the merchandise I wanted though I got in line at 7:30 and was not through it until almost 1:00. I was a little upset to miss the ceremony. I thought maybe they would broadcast just the sounds so we could at least hear it. This was definately an experience I will never forget and truly cherish. Now I really need some rest!!

Oh yeah... The ears were wonderful as well as the delicious cupcakes!! How did everyone else do?

millionairegirl
07-17-2005, 01:32 PM
I was light blue! I'm not entirely sure what time we arrived, but we left Torrance at 1:45. Probably got to the line around 2:45 too. I know they were doing the color wristband when we got in, so either we just missed yellow, or they were switching over to blue right after we got in. I don't remember the order that they kept announcing. I found the lineup confusing once we got inside DCA, but overall it was pretty smooth and they got us out quickly. The lack of turnstyles going into DL was key!

Going in was quite the treat! It felt like the red carpet. I couldn't help but cry going down Main Street with everybody being in such great moods. We avoided the merchandise line-up (not a collector) and hit some rides. It was great, we rode Space Mountain, Buzz twice, Matterhorn, Alice, Toad, DUMBO!, Pirates, HM, and Splash all by 9:30. Not to mention we picked up Space and Splash FPs to use later. Seriously the park didn't FEEL crowded until 9:45 or so. I think the merchandise line ate up so many crowds as did the ceremony. We couldn't take the heat and headed home around 1:00ish. But the entire experience was incredible, and I would do it again in a heartbeat (well not on a *normal* DL day, but you know what I mean). Oh, and those were the best cupcakes EVER. They tried to give me some more at lunch, but it was too hot to enjoy them then.

What merchandise were they selling? I didn't understand why everybody waited so long. I'm glad you got what you wanted, though.

mckygirl99
07-17-2005, 01:38 PM
What merchandise were they selling? I didn't understand why everybody waited so long. I'm glad you got what you wanted, though.

I have never been into the pin thing but I did want the one they had. It said "I was there" and had the date. We had to have vouchers for that. I paid 8.50 and just saw them on Ebay already going for $75.00. It was a limited edition for today only. I think if I had known the wait was that long, I wouldn't have done it. Glad you had fun going on rides though!

millionairegirl
07-17-2005, 03:06 PM
How were they giving out the vouchers? My DH *swears* that yellow was after blue, but we weren't given a voucher. Did we have to go to the Festival Arena to get the voucher?

Oh well, good thing I didn't even try. As nice as that pin would be to have as a momento, I think my DH would NEVER come with me again!

Do you think that DL was surprised at the number of guests that arrived at DCA before opening? I was surprised (especially since the reports I had heard said only the restrooms and bathrooms in HPB and Sunshine Plaza would be open. We were in front of the Strips and Dips place by the carousel.

mckygirl99
07-17-2005, 09:25 PM
How were they giving out the vouchers? My DH *swears* that yellow was after blue, but we weren't given a voucher. Did we have to go to the Festival Arena to get the voucher?

Oh well, good thing I didn't even try. As nice as that pin would be to have as a momento, I think my DH would NEVER come with me again!

Do you think that DL was surprised at the number of guests that arrived at DCA before opening? I was surprised (especially since the reports I had heard said only the restrooms and bathrooms in HPB and Sunshine Plaza would be open. We were in front of the Strips and Dips place by the carousel.

Once you were in line in DL, they handed out the vouchers. I just didn't know what a big deal pins really were until today. I was just looking for any thing to buy that had the date on it.

I was surprised by the number of people this morning. My husband told me that no one would be there so when I called him and told about the crowds, he was so surprised. We actually wound up next to Maliboomer (not sure if that's how you spell it) so we weren't too far from you. Did you get to see the ceremony at 10:00? I missed it b/c of the merchandise thing.

phoenixfire2k5
07-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Once you were in line in DL, they handed out the vouchers. I just didn't know what a big deal pins really were until today. I was just looking for any thing to buy that had the date on it.

I was surprised by the number of people this morning. My husband told me that no one would be there so when I called him and told about the crowds, he was so surprised. We actually wound up next to Maliboomer (not sure if that's how you spell it) so we weren't too far from you. Did you get to see the ceremony at 10:00? I missed it b/c of the merchandise thing.

By the boomer? Ouch, sorry to hear that. I was in the Hollywood Backlot. :p

mckygirl99
07-17-2005, 09:38 PM
By the boomer? Ouch, sorry to hear that. I was in the Hollywood Backlot. :p

Actually, it wasn't too bad. Anything is better than the people who were waiting to get in as we all passed them this morning from DCA. Did you see the looks on their faces? They didn't look too happy!! People were rubbing in the fact that thousands of people were still in front of them.

phoenixfire2k5
07-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Actually, it wasn't too bad. Anything is better than the people who were waiting to get in as we all passed them this morning from DCA. Did you see the looks on their faces? They didn't look too happy!! People were rubbing in the fact that thousands of people were still in front of them.

Yeah, so wanted to taunt the ones near the end of the line. But I didn't. Gotta feel sorry for the ones at the end of the line in none other than...... DOWNTOWN DISNEY!!!!! YIKES!! Friends in front of me, that is where their parents finally got in line. Near the Jazz kitchen and House of Blues.

coronado_g
07-17-2005, 09:59 PM

Wow! Your husband thought NO ONE would be there? He must not be a mouse padder! LOL!

millionairegirl
07-18-2005, 05:45 AM
Did you get to see the ceremony at 10:00? I missed it b/c of the merchandise thing.

Ah, so we were in the first 5,000. Well, since my patient and lovely DH waited with me (and he is NOT a Disney fan), I would never have put him through the merchandise area. We went on rides, and he told me that this was probably the best trip he's ever had to Disneyland and he's looking forward to WDW in 2008 for my 30th birthday. That's priceless to me!

We watched the ceremony from the Tomorrowland area. Unfortunately the sun came out right as it was starting. The weather was so nice before then.

mckygirl99
07-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Ah, so we were in the first 5,000. Well, since my patient and lovely DH waited with me (and he is NOT a Disney fan), I would never have put him through the merchandise area. We went on rides, and he told me that this was probably the best trip he's ever had to Disneyland and he's looking forward to WDW in 2008 for my 30th birthday. That's priceless to me!

We watched the ceremony from the Tomorrowland area. Unfortunately the sun came out right as it was starting. The weather was so nice before then.

Your husband sounds like mine except I could have never have gotten him to go with me. We are going WDW 10/30-11/5 and it's our first time. He is definately looking forward to it b/c it's something different.

About the weather, let's just say I look like a racoon today (LOL) but it was worth it!

adriennek
07-18-2005, 09:06 AM

Wow. That's not at all the feeling I got and I was IN the Esplanade crowd. This is actually a little disappointing to hear from someone because this just sounds so.... "IN YOUR FACE!"

I was glad that I got to sleep in a bed Saturday night, lol. I had no desire to be in DCA overnight. Talking to people first in DTD and then in the Esplanade, everyone just seemed really happy to be at Disneyland for the birthday. I didn't hear anyone being upset about the crowds from DCA. We had some waves going on at one point. I went over and watched the DCA line and was smiling and asking the people if they thought it was worth it.

The mood was just overall: Isn't this GREAT?

Adrienne

Niwel
07-18-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm still wearing my funky puzzle bracelet. :) When I was waiting at the Tomorrowland Train Station, two guys were doing shout-outs to all the bracelet wearers, asking everyone what time they got to DCA. It was like we all shared this special bond. :)

nursemelis374
07-18-2005, 09:30 AM

That's funny. I didn't get there until about 7:30 and was in the park at 8:30! Got everything I wanted and was able to get in quite a few rides as well. I felt that a lot of the people that got there later were actually the ones looking at all those that had waited in DCA overnight and feeling sorry for them. I mean, what did they really get? I am sure the atmosphere was cool, but we were at least well rested and able to enjoy a full day at DL!

I, personally, did feel kind of bad for those that had waited in DCA, but am glad to hear that they had such a great time.

djdrama
07-19-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm still wearing my funky puzzle bracelet. :) When I was waiting at the Tomorrowland Train Station, two guys were doing shout-outs to all the bracelet wearers, asking everyone what time they got to DCA. It was like we all shared this special bond. :)

knowing that only 9000 people in the park had a bracelt did feel pretty kool....i kinda looked around most of the day trying to find people with my bracelt and didnt see many.... i did notice that alot of people wore their bracelets that day

Micki0624
07-19-2005, 07:52 AM
My hubby and I practiced waking up early the whole week before, so we could go to bed at 7pm and wake up at 11:30pm and not be too tired. We did just that and got in line around midnight. It was a cool experience, definatley a neat story to tell others. I did get my pin just like others, but I didn't need to wait in line until 1pm, we got ours and left at 10:30am.