PDA

View Full Version : Captain Hook in Fantasmic!

Rallymonkey23
02-11-2002, 11:50 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen a show where Captain Hook has fell or almost fell off the Columbus when he swings from side to side? Also, does anyone know if he has some kind of safety rope or something to prevent that from happening?

Nigel2
02-11-2002, 09:44 PM
Well I am going to guess that he isn't just holding on to the rope. Since this does involve stunts he probably is teathered to the rope he holds onto and it just looks like he is hanging on.

Disneylandman
02-12-2002, 09:55 AM
I have never seen Captain Hook fall into the water, but I have seen one of the pirates fall in. It was the one who swings who times right before peter flys up to the top of the ship. The pirate swung down and back up, but missed the rope he was supposed to grab on to and swung back down and fell into the water. He then grabbed on to the dangeling rope, and tryed to pull himself back up but he kept slipping with his feet in the water. They stopped the show and everything was fine. I do think that CH wears something around his wrist when he swings but the other pirate doesn't because he has to get to the other swinging point quickly.

Sailor Butterfly
02-13-2002, 03:47 AM
When Peter Pan and Hook battle at the top of the ship, it's easy to see that they both have their hands in tethers, so I would think Hook would do the same at the end.

Nigel2
02-13-2002, 09:20 PM
I always wondered, is that an air matress or a foam pad the stunmen fall into on the ship? For some reason I can't remember...

Mouse
02-13-2002, 09:34 PM
It's an air mattress. When the show comes back up if you take a look at the pirate's impact with the mattress you can tell it's filled with air.

Nigel2
02-13-2002, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I thought so. I think you can only use a foam one for low falls (high ones if you are a stuntman in a poor country)