PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Dedication Speech: 2005

smd4
07-17-2005, 09:19 AM
To all who come to this happy place, WELCOME. Please have your bags open and ready for inspection.

Disneyland is your land, if you can afford it. Here age relives fond memories of the past, noting that we’ve rubberized and child-proofed as many hazards as we could, and here youth can savor the challenge and promise of the future, with the understanding that we have given up on presenting any imaginative thoughts of what the future may hold, because it's just too hard.

Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, the cartoons and the hard facts which have created America, completely altered by us so as to not offend any particular race, gender or other special interest group, with the hope that it will be a source of joy, high revenues and inspiration for to all the world.

sleepyjeff
07-17-2005, 10:15 AM
It's funny, cause it's true ;)

MyBeast
07-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Someone is a little bitter.

Disney Vault
07-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Any other day I would have thought it was funny.

The Mouse Is Back
07-17-2005, 10:40 AM

Yeah, really.

Except I don't think it's particularly funny. I'd give it a C-.

-Allegra-

ChipmunkStar
07-17-2005, 11:00 AM
To all who come to this happy place, WELCOME. Please have your bags open and ready for inspection.

Disneyland is your land, if you can afford it.

Goodness, heaven forbid that Disney makes it WANT to look like they're trying for our safety...

And a day at the park is still cheaper than a day of skiing at Mammoth.

HydroGuy
07-17-2005, 02:23 PM
People can find something negative in just about anything, if they try hard enough. And this took some effort.

b52hbuff
07-17-2005, 05:02 PM
People can find something negative in just about anything, if they try hard enough. And this took some effort.

Nah, I think about it everytime I see the silly signs that tell me documents to the attraction are available at City Hall, or see the signs for the illiterate stupid people showing them they need to sit down. Neither make me feel any safer and they detract from the concept of a 'theme park'.

Sorta like putting a nose ring on Walt's statue in the hub... Trendy? Yes! Appropriate? No!

coronado_g
07-17-2005, 10:29 PM
And just exactly WHERE was this dedication speech given?

I Heart Disneyland!
07-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Sour grapes! :p I still think it's the Happiest Place On Earth! And for my buck, nowhere else makes me feel as warm and fuzzy as Disneyland.

phoenixfire2k5
07-17-2005, 10:53 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Captain Josh
07-17-2005, 11:07 PM
To all who come to this happy place, go home. :p

disney jones
07-17-2005, 11:34 PM
To all who come to this happy place, go home. :pCaptain, you haven't ridden on the Jungle Cruise lately. It's:

Please go home. ;)

Uncle Remus
07-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Captain, you haven't ridden on the Jungle Cruise lately. It's:

Please go home. ;)

Get out... I'm sorry that was rude. Please get out .. (insert fake laughter here).

phoenixfire2k5
07-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Its a new day. So I can laugh at that. LOL!