PDA

View Full Version : Halloween in DCA

Disney Vault
07-16-2005, 03:31 PM
We have learned, however, that there has been an internal announcement that an event similar to the Magic Kingdom's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is in the works for four dates this October at Disney's California Adventure park. The event-specific tickets are tentatively priced at $20 each, with the events running from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. We will provide details as they become available.

I thought this deserved its own thread. This sounds like a great idea imo and it should really help to pull locals into DCA.

disney jones
07-16-2005, 03:39 PM
any one who know more details what this is like, please post!! :)

millionairegirl
07-16-2005, 03:43 PM
I would hope it wouldn't just be geared towards families with small kiddies. With TOT, Screaming, and not to mention the booze it could be a really great adult event!

SCUBAbe
07-16-2005, 03:51 PM
I would hope it wouldn't just be geared towards families with small kiddies. With TOT, Screaming, and not to mention the booze it could be a really great adult event!

agreed...they should do something like knotts scary farm for an older crowd...do the kiddy stuff at DL..:)

Disney Vault
07-16-2005, 04:11 PM
I forgot to mention I quoted Lani Teshima from this.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050715as.php

And it doesn't sound like it will be anything like what Knotts does. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is for the kids and kids at heart.

Wendi
07-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Wow, this is fantastic news!!! We will be there for Halloween again this year, so I hope they do a little something special at least. Yippee!!!

coronado_g
07-16-2005, 06:28 PM
The $20 price tag sounds like an excellent bargain and great promo idea for DCA.

Disney Vault
07-16-2005, 06:31 PM
So would you have to buy a normal day ticket to DCA or could you just get the evnt ticket?

The Mouse Is Back
07-16-2005, 06:35 PM
YAY! This sounds like a great idea.

I've really missed the Halloween event.

I hope Matt also brings the seasonal merchandise selection from WDW (antenna toppers, etc.).

-Allegra-

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-16-2005, 09:39 PM
That just might make us come a day early for our fall trip this year. Sounds fun!

Disney Vault
07-16-2005, 11:36 PM
We might have another thing to the dear cm matt thread if this all works out. :D

Drince88
07-17-2005, 04:59 AM
Well, I'm glad the ticket is cheaper than at WDW, since the hours are so much shorter (7:30-10:30 for 20 vs 7-midnight for $35) -- I'm interested in seeing the details of this, but some of the things I liked most about the party in WDW are probably the things they won't have -- 'ghost' stories on the river boat, special evening parade, special fireworks.

As far as the alcohol goes, if it's like the party in WDW, there will not be much available in the way of food (and given the hours for this party, I'll be surprised if you could get a full meal) - it'd be easy enough for them to not have any of the 'major' alcohol areas open.

I DO hope they keep it a 'kid' party, but I also hope they don't forget that there are 'kids at heart' who would like to attend, and they need something more than trick-of-treating and guest 'costume parades' to make it a party!