PDA

View Full Version : "Dear Cast Member Matt": A new thread for Disneyland's second half-century

Pages : [1] 2 3

Andrew
07-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Dear Cast Member Matt,

You have worked a miracle and I am genuinely, sincerely grateful. Disneyland of July 2005 compared with that of five years ago is brighter, cleaner, and happier in all ways.

Now, because we're never satisfied, here are some new requests for you to think about as Disneyland enters its second half-century.

Keep up the terrific work!

-----

- It cannot have escaped your notice that of all the segments of the wonderful new fireworks presentation, the Main Street Electrical Parade garners the most audience response by far. Why not bring it back to Disneyland where it ultimately belongs for summer '06? That would be a ten-year break, and even bands who say farewell tend to reunite after a decade.

- If you've tried to walk from the Plaza to Tomorrowland since Buzz Lightyear opened--and much more so since Space Mountain reopened--you've seen the horrendous bottleneck caused by the placement of the Astro Orbitor dead center in the middle of a vital thoroughfare. Placing it back up on top of the platform would both make the attraction that much more exciting and remove a major crowd control problem.

- How about filling in that last spot in Downtown Disney (between Tortilla Jo's and House of Blues) with something uniquely Disney: The Adventurer's Club. Just change the I-4 jokes to I-5 and you'd be all set!

shawnarae
07-16-2005, 02:22 PM
I second that :)

OCCOBRA
07-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Motion carried. Thank you...

The Mouse Is Back
07-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Dear Cast Member Matt:

What Andrew said, and:

- Everyone loved the PeopleMover, and now there's a whole generation who have missed out on its spectacularly old school, one-dimensional charm. Bring it back so we have a "ride" to go on when everything else is too crowded.

- A few numbskulls who were asking for it were not a good enough reason to get rid of the Skyway. It gave a unique vantage point from which to view the Park, and made the trip from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland (or vice versa) a lot more fun.

- The Mad Tea Party isn't mad any more. Either let us spin our teacups as fast as we can, or rename it.

=Allegra-

Disney Vault
07-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Dear Cast Member Matt:

What Andrew said, and:

- Everyone loved the PeopleMover, and now there's a whole generation who have missed out on its spectacularly old school, one-dimensional charm. Bring it back so we have a "ride" to go on when everything else is too crowded.

- A few numbskulls who were asking for it were not a good enough reason to get rid of the Skyway. It gave a unique vantage point from which to view the Park, and made the trip from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland (or vice versa) a lot more fun.

- The Mad Tea Party isn't mad any more. Either let us spin our teacups as fast as we can, or rename it.

=Allegra-
I totally agree about the mad tea party. And something really needs to go on the people mover track but I never want another skyway attraction.

-Please don't make the area behind big thunder mountain into a Woody area.

-Could you make some attractions for Disney characters please. An Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast ride would be amazing. I love the Pixar attraction but I would also like some of these other characters to get attractions first.

-Keep up the good work around the resort! :)

The Mouse Is Back
07-16-2005, 05:47 PM
I totally agree about the mad tea party. And something really needs to go on the people mover track but I never want another skyway attraction.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...SKYWAY! SKYWAY! SKYWAY!

-Allegra-

coronado_g
07-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Yah - I also miss those old People Movers. Remember when it used to go thru the World of Tron? At the time, my sister and I thought that was SO high-tech. We were wowed!

shawnarae
07-16-2005, 06:21 PM
SKY WAY :crying:

People Mover :crying:

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse :crying:

Memories...................

Wendi
07-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Dear Cast Member Matt,

Thank You.

Sincerely,
Wendi

Disney Vault
07-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Dear Cast Member Matt,

Thank You.

Sincerely,
Wendi
We should all totally send letters that just say this with our names signed at the bottom.

tom522
07-16-2005, 11:43 PM
A Better Tomorrowland Would Be Bringing Back Peoplemover And Renaming It Tomorrowland Transit Authority Like At Wdw. Putting Astro Orbitor On Top Of Pm Platform Like Rocket Jets. Getting Us A New Star Tours Film( After All The Original Idea For Star Tours Was To Replace The Film Every Five Years) Get Rid Of Circuit City Aka Innoventions And Replace It With Something More Fun. Restore The Tomorrowland Terrace To It's Glory Days. Get Rid Of The Agriculture Growing All Over The Place -yuk! Get Rid Of Those Ugly Potted Plants And Trees. And Open Up The Entrance To Tomorrowland To Ease Bottlenecking(bad Strategic Planning To Put Astro At Tomorrowland Entrance) And Last But Not Least Get Rid Of The Imagination And Beyond Theme And Go With A Tomorrowland 2055 Theme. This Is My Dream Tomorrowland-we Shall See If It Materializes Or Not.

animagusurreal
07-17-2005, 03:18 AM
Dear Cast Member Matt -

- Please build more original rides like Pirates and HM (and Soarin'). The movie-based rides (well, some of them) are great too, but I think it would be great to see The Imagineers have more chances to create entirely original stuff for the west coast parks. I don't actually know how much control you have over this(is Imagineering a seperate entity, or is it under his authority?) but I imagine that at least your suggestions to them would be effective.

- For Monsters, Inc. and the rest of the plethora of planned Pixar rides, please populate them with audio-animatronic or other 3D, well-animated figures (the effects on the Nemo subs sound like they're going to be good.) The 3D-ness of the movies really requires 3D figures on the rides. (IMHO, cutouts don't cut it, especially for Pixar-based rides.)

- Please shelve the off the shelf rides at Paradise Pier (not including, of course, my beloved California Screamin') and replace them with something more Disney-distinctive. (No offense to anyone who likes this rides, this is all just IMHO :) )

I have been hearing a lot of good things about your "regime," please keep up the good work,

Brent

Disney Vault
07-17-2005, 09:49 AM
- For Monsters, Inc. and the rest of the plethora of planned Pixar rides, please populate them with audio-animatronic or other 3D, well-animated figures (the effects on the Nemo subs sound like they're going to be good.) The 3D-ness of the movies really requires 3D figures on the rides. (IMHO, cutouts don't cut it, especially for Pixar-based rides.)

I have actaully never thought of that but you make a very good point.

Susan L
07-17-2005, 10:33 AM
SKY WAY :crying:

People Mover :crying:

Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse :crying:

Memories...................

I agree!

The Mouse Is Back
07-17-2005, 10:48 AM
Get Rid Of The Agriculture Growing All Over The Place -yuk! Get Rid Of Those Ugly Potted Plants And Trees.

I pretty much agree with the rest of the post, but the landscaping in DL is not only there for aesthetic reasons. That department works 24/7/365 and nothing is there that isn't there for a reason.

BTW, I forgot to add a big THANKS to Matt for everything he's done so far.

-Allegra-

BlkPearlCptn
07-17-2005, 11:19 AM
I pretty much agree with the rest of the post, but the landscaping in DL is not only there for aesthetic reasons. That department works 24/7/365 and nothing is there that isn't there for a reason.

BTW, I forgot to add a big THANKS to Matt for everything he's done so far.

-Allegra-

Let's hear a big cheer for landscaping! I never truly appreciated them until a few years ago. The park was at capacity and you literally couldn't get on anything. My sister and I happened upon a book being sold at the park that was all about how to landscape in the Disney Style and really went into details regarding the landscape transitions for all the rides and lands, and how they were set up. It wound up being fascinating and we spent the day, book in hand and just being amazed at the incredible detail and thought that went into helping form each illusion. (And I'm not a big landscape person by any means). However, since then, I can go into the park on a crowded day and be completely entertained by how all the landscaping and atmosphere is created. Course, now if I just had the $$$ to turn my backyard into my own personal Temple (Indy) or Jungle Cruise. Well, may not have the funds, but with this little book, I actually know how they did it. So keep the trees, bushes, and plants. They really add to the experience. IMHO :D

Disney Vault
07-17-2005, 01:17 PM
I forgot something I feel is important.

Please fix the little cave, bridge and mine car near big thunder mt.

Courtney Anne
07-17-2005, 01:32 PM
that was the worst part of Tomorrowland --- the people traffic was horrible - peole would bump right into you and not even say sorry or excuse me -- -- and when the talking garbage can was around -- it got even worse

. And Open Up The Entrance To Tomorrowland To Ease Bottlenecking(bad Strategic Planning To Put Astro At Tomorrowland Entrance) .

stitchlvr
07-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Dear Cast Member Matt:

What Andrew said, and:

=Allegra-

I agree. I would just add a new version of Adventures through Inner Space with updated effects. I think this could fit in the "theme" of Tomorrowland, and with today's technology could be really cool. Thank you for all you've done so far. It's amazing to think how much progress has been made in a short time.

Sandiegoboy
07-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Dear Cast Member Matt:

What Andrew said, and:

=Allegra-
I thought the tea cups were slower than they were a long time ago.
I also thought it was just my imagination.

MrsG
07-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Dear CM Matt:

I've had the privledge of meeting you twice this year - once as a new CM and once as a guest. Thank you so much for all you've done and keep up the good work! And by the way, you are looking good! ;)

I also vote to get rid of the off-the-shelf carnie rides in Paradise Pier. Bring in true Disney style attractions.

merlinjones
07-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Dear Matt:

Thanks for all you have done for the park, especially the paint, Submarine Voyage, Tiki Room, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and the wishing well grate. Please keep going while momentum is possible and restore the following attractions as well:

Skyway
Rocket Jets (on the platform)
PeopleMover - or equivalent
Adventure thru Inner Space
Carousel of Progress
Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock
Sleeping Beauty Castle Dioramas
The Golden Horseshoe Revue
Tahitian Terrace
Swiss Family Treehouse
A Waterfall on Rivers of America
Fort Wilderness
Country Bear Jamboree
Indian Village
Flying Saucers
Walt's version of Mr.Lincoln show
Walt's offices

...and get rid of
Wet marble and Planters
Observatron
Astro-Orbitor
Club Buzz stage top
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Politically Correct Snow White show
Innoventions (though Asimo is cool)
Tarzan

Disney Vault
07-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Skyway
Rocket Jets (on the platform)
PeopleMover - or equivalent
Adventure thru Inner Space
Carousel of Progress
Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock
Sleeping Beauty Castle Dioramas
The Golden Horseshoe Revue
Tahitian Terrace
Swiss Family Treehouse
A Waterfall on Rivers of America
Fort Wilderness
Country Bear Jamboree
Indian Village
Flying Saucers
Walt's version of Mr.Lincoln show
Walt's offices

I think DL needs to look forward. You can't just restore all those old attractions. DL needs to be updated to keep people wanting to come back for newer and better things.

tom522
07-17-2005, 11:38 PM
I think the DL horticulture cast does a good job landscaping the parks and I love how the rest of the park looks in regards to landscaping but when it comes to Tomorrowland I dont think agriculture looks and fits in well with the theming of the land. I prefer the landscape of Tomorrowland prior to 1998.I also don't think those potted trees and plants work well with the theming either. Am I the only one that feels this way? I would like other opinions.

Shinku
07-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Dear Cast Member Matt:
Thank you for giving Disneyland it's dignity, and it's magic, back.