PDA

View Full Version : News from Disneyland: Pumbaa [parking lot open] at Midnight

ppmuse
07-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Hey everybody, my mom just called Disneyland resort to get information on a one day pass, we're having a heck of a time getting one for her friend. Anyways, she was told that the Pumba Parking lot will be opening up at MIDNIGHT and that everybody will be told to stay in their cars until cast members tell them where to go. That's the current update on the parking situation.

ppmuse
07-16-2005, 07:31 AM
Forgot, they told her ticket booths will be opening at 6 am. I find that questionable.

millionairegirl
07-16-2005, 07:40 AM
I've heard 1:30 from several sources. *shrug* Luckily we don't need the ticket booths.

jon80flt
07-16-2005, 08:28 AM
... a one day pass, we're having a heck of a time getting one for her friend. .

Why can't she buy the ticket ahead of time? Like today, before the park closes?

millionairegirl
07-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Here's a question (actually several) - Is the Pumba lot the same as the Timon lot? I assume they're different sections of the same lot, but do they have the same entrance? Would I just exit Harbor and turn into the lot that way? Will there be signs? How far is it to the Esplanade? Is there a tram?

I've never in my life parked on that side of the park. Well, since they put in DCA, anyway.

Andrew
07-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Here's a question (actually several) - Is the Pumba lot the same as the Timon lot? I assume they're different sections of the same lot, but do they have the same entrance? Would I just exit Harbor and turn into the lot that way? Will there be signs? How far is it to the Esplanade? Is there a tram?

I've never in my life parked on that side of the park. Well, since they put in DCA, anyway.
The Pumbaa lot is not part of the Timon lot. It is east of Harbor on Disney Way. Here (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Harbor+Blvd+at+Disney+Way,+Anaheim,+CA&ll=33.808279,-117.911625&spn=0.010172,0.012720&t=k&hl=en) is a satellite photo which may help you orient; The Pumbaa lot is at the center of the frame.

There is no tram service to or from Pumbaa. It's less of a walk than skipping the tram from Mickey & Friends and walking to Downtown Disney.

millionairegirl
07-16-2005, 10:02 AM
So, if I'm heading South on I-5 (from the North), I'd exit Harbor, turn right, and then turn left on Disney Way and left into the Pumbaa lot?

Boy, I had no idea that lot was even there! I even went to the official website and looked on their parking map and it wasn't even on there. It must be reserved for the busiest days.

Any idea if they will be charging PAP's for parking? I'm going to assume yes, and hope for no!

AJsMom
07-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Any word on when or if they will open Timon lot? For those of us coming closer to sun-up but before M&F. ...I wonder how many spots Pumbaa lot has?!

mypupmickey
07-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Any idea if they will be charging PAP's for parking? I'm going to assume yes, and hope for no!

I emailed Dland & actually got a response saying that the Premium A/P parking pass WILL be accepted at Puumba! :D