PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the next MouseAdventure?

Pages : [1] 2

KarenW2
02-10-2002, 09:40 PM
OK guys, we're nearly half way thru February and thinking again about the next MouseAdventure, coming up in the Spring or whenever. Any news? Any proposed dates?? Inquiring minds NEED to know!! :D

Rallymonkey23
02-11-2002, 12:01 PM
I wanna know something too! This year will be my first time attending one of these events since I just found this site a couple of months ago. Is there any MP gear that is avalible? Hats, Jackets ect....?

Ace
02-11-2002, 06:18 PM
can someone explain the mouseadventure to me? I still don't know what it is. sad, huh?

Kevin Yee
02-11-2002, 08:57 PM
http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/mouadv1sp01.htm has one of the most recent reports on what MA is and what it's like. You might also check the Fall 2001 page Here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/mouadvoct7-02.htm

The current plan is to offer MouseAdventure twice a year: April and October.

I have not yet started creating the next MouseAdventure, but I can tell you this much: it will be different. Something far more evil perhaps!

FEJ
02-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee
http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/mouadv1sp01.htm has one of the most recent reports on what MA is and what it's like. You might also check the Fall 2001 page Here: http://www.mouseplanet.com/archive/mouadvoct7-02.htm

The current plan is to offer MouseAdventure twice a year: April and October.

I have not yet started creating the next MouseAdventure, but I can tell you this much: it will be different. Something far more evil perhaps!

Bring it on...Cant Wait....

KarenW2
02-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for the response! So, the next round will be "even MORE evil"??!! :eek: I didn't think it was possible! Any hints possible??

Also, did you ever compile & post the standings of the teams, like I asked for back then. You said you would, but I never saw it. The only points I saw were those next to the team photos & I was hoping for the listing like you guys did the time before.

Thanks again,

MammaSilva
02-11-2002, 09:16 PM
Kevin any tenative dates yet? I already have spring break planned to be there....I don't think I can squeeze 2 trips in april :(

BELLEH5
02-12-2002, 12:38 PM
I'll be going 2 DL April 18-26, Hopefully thats when the next Mouse Adventure will be???!!

MonorailMan
02-12-2002, 04:41 PM
YES! Another advantage to my AP, I can go to MA! :D

YES! 35 More Days! That 7 Working Weeks! :D

Kevin Yee
02-12-2002, 10:09 PM
Plans are subject to change, but...

What I have in mind will probably result in a SATURDAY mouseadventure, not Sunday. Yes, it will be a blackout day. It's the only way we think we can make this work.

Exactly which Saturday in April it is has yet to be determined.

KarenW2
02-12-2002, 11:05 PM
Hi Kevin,
Will it really be on a Saturday? :eek: That's the busiest day of the week to go to Disneyland. The main reason we were able to do the last 2 MouseAdventures was because they were on Sundays. And those were pretty crowded on what's supposed to be less crowded days. We may have to rethink this.

Will it entail all the running around we usually have to do? With tons of people in the park on a Saturday, that could be really hard.

Thanks for your reply, and please keep us posted, especially if the day changes back to a Sunday,

stinkerbell
02-13-2002, 06:33 AM
There are a few of us from out of state (OR), who would like to go......but need to know the dates ASAP. Also, is the Saturday set in stone? Because that would be really hard for us out-of-towners to manage.......might not make it in time........:(

MonorailMan
02-13-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Kevin Yee
Plans are subject to change, but...

What I have in mind will probably result in a SATURDAY mouseadventure, not Sunday. Yes, it will be a blackout day. It's the only way we think we can make this work.

Exactly which Saturday in April it is has yet to be determined.

It better not be a Saturday!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ghoulish Delight
02-13-2002, 07:07 AM
What's wrong with Sundays??? There'd be a lot of unhappy Premium/SoCal APers if it's Saturday. :crying:

innerSpaceman
02-13-2002, 11:29 AM
Another vote for NO on SATURDAY. Not because of my AP or anything, but because Saturdays are just too crowded for a decent MouseAdventure. Now maybe if you extend the event to 6 hours . . . .

Just what exactly makes everything work on a Saturday? What does the MP staff need in the way of assistance in order to keep the event on Sunday when it belongs?

MickeyD
02-13-2002, 01:10 PM
Yay! I could actually go on a Saturday! :D

Kevin Yee
02-13-2002, 04:54 PM
Let me go ahead and play my hand here...

Saturday would be necessary if we are going to do the primary "twist" we had envisioned: a nighttime MouseAdventure.

Doing it on a Sunday night would put a lot of strain on our out-of-town staff and also means many local folks won't play, since they have work the next day.

If there is that much resistance to Saturday, though, maybe we'll just do a daytime Sunday event.

Thoughts?

Gregmh48
02-13-2002, 04:57 PM
I think that Saturday is fine as long as the game anticipates the extra crowds.

MammaSilva
02-13-2002, 07:55 PM
Ok Kevin PLEASE give us 'tenative dates' PLEASE???????? Right now I am committed to Spring Break week for sure but that doesn't mean I couldn't sneak back down just for the weekend for Mouseadventure

zapppop
02-13-2002, 08:01 PM
I'll go whenever it happens.
I have no preference and an AP with NO blockout dates :D

BELLEH5
02-13-2002, 08:03 PM
It will be my 1st MA, do have to pay for MA?

Dreamstaker
02-13-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
I'll go whenever it happens.
I have no preference and an AP with NO blockout dates :D

Ditto - & a Sunday evening with work the next day will not stop me either.

zapppop
02-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by BELLEH5
It will be my 1st MA, do have to pay for MA?
I don't think you have to pay but do you need to sign up for it.
I've never done MouseAdventure either so this will be my first time too.

Morrigoon
02-13-2002, 08:45 PM
The cost is minimal and pretty much just covers printing and prize costs.

Kevin Yee
02-13-2002, 09:37 PM
There is indeed a registration fee for MA; it's usually on a sliding scale and an average might be $10 or $12 per person (depends on when you register). See my earlier posts for the MA links.

I can't give you tentative dates just yet. The dates depend on the question "Saturday or Sunday." Once I know that, we can start the administrative planning from our end, and THAT is what usually determines which day of the month the event will be held.