PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Land

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-12-2001, 07:51 AM
:p

What is Your favorite land at Disneyland?
Mine is New Orleans Square.

;)
:rolleyes:
:mad:
:(
:D

tabacco
05-12-2001, 08:08 AM
Yep. New Orleans Square for me as well. It's got the best overall atmosphere of any land, I think (especially when one of the bands/musicians is around). That and one of those great mint juleps is my choice for kicking back and relaxing while I'm there :)

Napsto
05-12-2001, 08:36 AM
New Orleans Square, definately!

mrlop
05-12-2001, 10:06 AM
yes i am definately down for new orleans square but I like Tom Morrow Land soo much I would have to say the future is where I would rather be, but then shortly after travel to new orleans via the Disney Rails

ODV CM
05-12-2001, 12:53 PM
I'm suprised no one thought of this earlier. I take it you mean the theme of the land, and not just the land that happens to have your favorite ride in it? For example, I love Space Mountain, and Indiana Jones, but my favorite land would be New Orleans Square. The party-type atmosphere with a jazz and cajun flavor to it really does it for me. My best days were always when I had to work Popcorn 6(right behind the French Market) because I knew that I would get to watch bands like the River Rascals, or the Bayou Brass literally right in front of me. Plus the guy with the umbrella on the unicycle was cool, and watching them throw mardi gras beads from the Disney Gallery balcony was a lot of fun. Plus the temperature is slightly cooler, as you will often times get a nice cool breeze off of the Rivers of America. A very, very close second would be Adventureland. Dead last, and I mean way, way, way at the end, would be Toontown

lisap
05-12-2001, 05:13 PM
Yup, New Orleans Square is the best. Next for me is Main Street, then Adventureland.
My least fave is Tomorrowland.

I don't know about Toon Town. It irritates me because the land does not absorb crowds well--everyone is right out on the street for the most part. On deserted days it's ok.

tabacco
05-12-2001, 11:43 PM
I tend to agree about toontown being my least favorite. Aside from the point about absorbing crowds, it has a more "walled" feel to it than the rest of the park. I mean... walk around the Big Thunder Trail or head over to Adventureland or New Orleans Square. From anywhere you care to stand, the park seems to go on forever. You can't see a definitive boundary to any of the scenery, and it makes the whole thing seem so much more spacious and open than it really is. Toontown, on the other hand, always feels walled-in to me, what with the back of small world on one side and the 2d hills on the other. It just feels like "the end of the park" and doesn't carry the openness I like so much about the rest of the park.

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-13-2001, 07:14 AM
:cool:

ToonTown is my least favorite because I am not a little kid, and I do not have children. OOOOHHHH! I can go on Gadget! What Fun! LOL

:cool:

Largent81
05-14-2001, 11:33 AM
It's definetely New Orleans Square for me! But then again, who's favorite isn't ?:p

Ralph Wiggum
05-14-2001, 11:58 AM
I would have to agree that New Orleans Square is one of the best as far as theme. Its fits so well. Being right there next to the river makes it soo wide open and pleasant.

My next favorite would prob be Grizzly Peak in DCA. It would be my favorite if it covered a bigger area. It was done very well. You really feel like your in a really forrest area.

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-15-2001, 01:33 PM
My second favorite land is Main Street, because there is such a great atmosphere, and it's the first thing you see once inside the park.

:rolleyes: ;) :p :o :( :confused: :eek: :)

Lost Boy
05-15-2001, 08:00 PM
Critter Country. Not because of Splash Moutain, even though that is an excellent ride, but because it has my friends, The Country Bears. They are the best.
And the theming in that whole small area is so cool, and shady, and cool. And the music is loverly also. Just get Pooh out and I would be even Happier!!!
Too much Pooh everywhere.

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-16-2001, 04:45 PM
I have strong feelings that Critter Country will be a lot less magic when Pooh takes over.:( :mad: :eek: :rolleyes:

Lacrosse Boy
05-19-2001, 10:23 AM
It used to be Tomorrowland. (See my article: The Future of Tomorrowland)

I'd have to say that my new favorite is New Orlean's Square, but it will be Tomorrowland again if they fix it up.

Gauchograd99
05-21-2001, 08:59 PM
New Orleans Square is the number one. I love the feeling I get in this area. It just makes me feel like I am down South minus the big ol bugs.

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 02:01 AM
Frontierland. The whole Rivers of America area is so neat.

For attractions, it has to be Adventureland. If only it wasn't so crowded.