PDA

View Full Version : Rooms at Disneyland Hotel (concierge or wait)

yellowrosedtxn
07-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Ok, I have been debating over this for a while. I have pretty much decided I want to do concierge level when I go back to Disneyland. The question I have - do I get a cheaper room and ask nicely when I check in if I can get concierge level or do I just go ahead and reserve concierge? My instincts tell me to just take the easy route and reserve the concierge level, but my "save money" thoughts are - get a less expensive room and see if they have concierge available when you get there.

I do know that there was someone at my hotel that was given concierge level and they didn't expect it. So, another question I bring up is - should I get there later in the day and HOPE for the best? What do you all do?

tlovesdis
07-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Ok, I have been debating over this for a while. I have pretty much decided I want to do concierge level when I go back to Disneyland. The question I have - do I get a cheaper room and ask nicely when I check in if I can get concierge level or do I just go ahead and reserve concierge? My instincts tell me to just take the easy route and reserve the concierge level, but my "save money" thoughts are - get a less expensive room and see if they have concierge available when you get there.

I do know that there was someone at my hotel that was given concierge level and they didn't expect it. So, another question I bring up is - should I get there later in the day and HOPE for the best? What do you all do?

Concierge costs about $125 - $150 extra per night so even if you book a cheap room and then ask when you check in they will give you a concierge room if available, but you will have to pay. Your best bet to guarantee that you get concierge is to book it ahead of time!

When we went last December, I booked a regular room a few months ahead of time. I went to Reno and won about $500, so I decided to use it to upgrade to concierge. I called from Reno to upgrade and they had no concierge rooms available for my time period. This was 3 months before we were going!

pisces
07-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Just pay for the room you want when you reserve. Otherwise, you will worry from now till you get there, what you're gonna get. Unless you like the element of surprise, why not give yourself the piece of mind that you can be sure of what you'll get. So much is unsure in this life, why make things more uncertain for yourself?

If you are so concerned with saving money........why even go concierge in the first place. Your concerns with money-saving seem to show that you may not be all that comfortable with the price of this.

If I were gonna splurge, I'd just make the decision to splurge, and not look back. I'd go all the way, and not try to cut corners, or do something half-way, and make myself worry.

I would splurge on Concierge at the GCH.....because when I do, I go all the way. GC is the newest and built from the ground up, so I'd want to experience Concierge with them.

----If money were no object. And for me, this year, that's not the case for me.

Decide if money is no object for you, and if it isn't...then go all the way. But, if it is a concern....maybe it's time to eliminate Concierge.

yellowrosedtxn
07-15-2005, 01:55 PM
I know it sounds like I am really worried about the money and using concierge, I'm not really - this is something I think will be worth doing. I just like trying to get the best deals possible. I do that with most everything in life - if I can live without it now, then when I can find it at a better price (lower most of the time) then I wait until then to get it. If it is something I don't want to take a chance in never finding again and even if it is expensive I will go buy it right then and there. Most of the time I am not sorry I did it. I was just wondering what others might think or do.

Thanks.

dlfanshl
07-15-2005, 02:18 PM
When are you planning on travelling. I have heard that with the stay for three nights get the fourth night free it includes conceirge. I would look into this...it may be a great deal which I love as well. We booked our vacation package in January and if I were to book it now it would be $2,650 dollars more.

Shel :)

sierranevada
07-15-2005, 06:34 PM
When are you planning on travelling. I have heard that with the stay for three nights get the fourth night free it includes conceirge. I would look into this...it may be a great deal which I love as well. We booked our vacation package in January and if I were to book it now it would be $2,650 dollars more.

Shel :)

The stay for three, get fourth free does not include conceirge - it is still something that you have to pay extra for. If you want it, I would book it now - it can and does sell out.