PDA

View Full Version : Old favorite Characters in DLR - seen any lately?

disney jones
07-14-2005, 07:07 PM
We were there last week and saw the 7 Dwarfs out and about, Baloo, along with Radcliffe and John Smith from Pochohantas. - we were able to get picutres with each one named above :D . A CM told me that the Big Bad Wolf and 3 Pigs had been there the previous week too. Another CM told me more were on the way too!

Has anyone seen some of the old favorites out and about? we'll be going back next week and later in August and am told there will be more on the way! :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-14-2005, 07:12 PM
We were there last week and saw the 7 Dwarfs out and about, Baloo, along with Radcliffe and John Smith from Pochohantas. - we were able to get picutres with each one named above :D . A CM told me that the Big Bad Wolf and 3 Pigs had been there the previous week too. Another CM told me more were on the way too!

Has anyone seen some of the old favorites out and about? we'll be going back next week and later in August and am told there will be more on the way! :D

My favs are Mickey and Stitch, so there isn't any old favorites that rarely show up. But, kinda sticking to the topic, I did see a character recently that I never have seen before, that they didn't usually have in character form. Bout a month ago, I was exiting Splash Mountain at Dland, and there with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, was none other than RABBIT!!!!! :eek:

disney jones
07-14-2005, 07:28 PM
My favs are Mickey and Stitch, so there isn't any old favorites that rarely show up. But, kinda sticking to the topic, I did see a character recently that I never have seen before, that they didn't usually have in character form. Bout a month ago, I was exiting Splash Mountain at Dland, and there with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, was none other than RABBIT!!!!! :eek:
yes, we have both Rabbit and Piglet too - they started showing up in Critter Country in the Spring and have been around a few months.

stitchlvr
07-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Wow, we missed all of this during our recent trip. We only saw the "normal" characters. Well, Pocohontas and John Smith were out very briefly, but we saw Pocohontas last February (she looked like she was freezing-poor thing). It was the first time we saw John Smith though.

shawnarae
07-14-2005, 08:56 PM
OH MY...If I could get a picture with the 3 Little Pigs I would die a happy person! I have memories of seeing them when I was small...& until recently I thought I was not remembering right. Until another padder showed me an old postcard!!!!!

Crossing fingers for 1st weekend of Oct.....can we EVER request a character? Who decides???? I need to start writing letters :)

disney jones
07-14-2005, 09:19 PM
^^^ you must have just missed them - i was told they were out Friday, July 1.

i would really like to see them too. i was hoping for them last week, but much to my surprise, we got all 7 Dwarfs, so i can't complain.

Tambour
07-15-2005, 12:07 AM
http://www.toonfinder.com/blog/2005/07/04/character-update/

This was July 4th

Also, check out this podcast, There is rarely seen characters going to be out every weekend this summer.
http://www.toonfinder.com/blog/2005/07/12/toonfinder-presents-episode-7/

Upcoming are:
Entire Cinderella Group (including the Prince and Lady Tremaine)
Hunchback Group (with gargoyles)
Hercules Group (meg and the little danny devito guy)

Vegitabeta
07-15-2005, 01:48 AM
http://www.toonfinder.com/blog/2005/07/04/character-update/

This was July 4th

Also, check out this podcast, There is rarely seen characters going to be out every weekend this summer.
http://www.toonfinder.com/blog/2005/07/12/toonfinder-presents-episode-7/

Upcoming are:
Entire Cinderella Group (including the Prince and Lady Tremaine)
Hunchback Group (with gargoyles)
Hercules Group (meg and the little danny devito guy)

Would a little kid not be scared of the Hunchback troup? :p

pretty Omi
07-15-2005, 02:36 AM
i have recently started seeing Cinderella's mice, but their line is always so long... i sometimes see Pocahontas, but i'd love to see her with John Smith! and i saw Prince John recently, and can't wait for the other Robin Hood characters to start showing up! i wonder what the character presence will be like on sunday, i know i will bring my camera... and i can't wait for halloween again, when all the villains are out!

crazi4dlr
07-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Thank you for the pics of the pigs. I remember them from when I was a kid. They used to hang out alot in the entry tunnels and we have a lot of pics with them there. Also Winnie the Pooh with the hunney pot on his head. Is he still around? I know that you can find Pooh over by SM but I don't remember if he has the hunney pot or not. Also I was just telling my kids about the 7 Dwarfs and how they would march around together and you could hear the metal taps on their boots. Anyone else remember that? As a teenager we would hide from the dwarfs because some of them would chase you around, particularly Dopey. They weren't perverted but it was suggestive and back in the 70s we didn't trip on sexual harrassment or any of that. But as a teenage girl it was kinda creepy so we would stay away from them. It was all in fun. I hope that they keep the old characters around for the whole 18 months cuz we go back in Dec with our kids and I want them to see all of them.

disney jones
07-20-2005, 02:28 PM
since i'm heading there tonight for a few days, and a lot of you just got back, did anyone see unique characters out and about last weekend? - and if anyone knows who to look out for this weekend (Thu - Sun), please let me know! :D

The only special mention i saw from this weekend was Lady Tremaine out for Cinderella - i'd love to see the step-sisters for photo ops.

Pilot Mickey
07-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Anyone ever see Ludwig Von Drake in the park? :(