PDA

View Full Version : 7/17 and feeling safe?

mugsrb
07-14-2005, 05:21 PM
I'm just wondering with such a large crowd expected has Disneyland gotten better with bag check? 6 months ago it was just a quick glance into your bag. I'm not trying to sound like a paranoid freak but last week in England, Sunday make's me wonder abit more.

Oh and yes I'm going as of the time of this posts we leave in under 10 hrs

ToursbabeC3po
07-14-2005, 05:24 PM
They were searching pretty good on Tues. But I believe it depends on the person staffed at that possition. They do not have security gaurds checking bags anymore just Normal main gate cast members. Have a wonderful trip!!!!!
Toursbabe

phoenixfire2k5
07-14-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm just wondering with such a large crowd expected has Disneyland gotten better with bag check? 6 months ago it was just a quick glance into your bag. I'm not trying to sound like a paranoid freak but last week in England, Sunday make's me wonder abit more.

Oh and yes I'm going as of the time of this posts we leave in under 10 hrs

Depends on the person checking it usually. Some CMs are more thorough then others. Some make more of an effort to check rather than just guessing or assuming. I admit, checking ones bag slows the line down a little bit more. But at least that lowers the chance of something getting by bagcheck.

stitchlvr
07-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I was at the park while the attacks in England happened. I can tell you I saw a huge difference from pre-attack to post-attack in the searches. I was only there through Friday, but searches continued to be thorough until Friday. I would think with the kind of event they are having that security at DL will be tight.

Pooh bear
07-14-2005, 05:36 PM
I was at the park while the attacks in England happened. I can tell you I saw a huge difference from pre-attack to post-attack in the searches. I was only there through Friday, but searches continued to be thorough until Friday. I would think with the kind of event they are having that security at DL will be tight.

are you allowed to take drinks and snacks into the park? I really dont want to have to pay for too much food in the park.

stitchlvr
07-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Normally you are, within reason. They wouldn't let you bring a cooler in for example. I am not aware of any special rules for the 17th.

kohl
07-14-2005, 06:56 PM
When we were there on July 10, my husband and I saw an officer with a dog and the dog had a little shirt that said "Security Dog" on in Disneyland. My husband is a detective and I pointed out the dog to him. I asked him if it was a bomb sniffing dog and he said "well, it isn't here to sniff out drugs!!"

stitchlvr
07-14-2005, 07:03 PM
The dogs were not there on the 5th or 6th far as I could tell. We started seeing them on the 7th. Their carrier (Anaheim PD K-9 unit) was parted near DTD.

Malcon10t
07-14-2005, 11:04 PM
When we were there on July 10, my husband and I saw an officer with a dog and the dog had a little shirt that said "Security Dog" on in Disneyland. My husband is a detective and I pointed out the dog to him. I asked him if it was a bomb sniffing dog and he said "well, it isn't here to sniff out drugs!!"The dogs are there quite often. We have seen them every visit the last 2 years. The main reason we notice is we have a service dog, so we just tend to notice.

As for the bag searches, I noticed todays search seemed a lot more thorough than they have been in the past.

adriennek
07-15-2005, 07:07 AM
I was there this week on Tuesday and Wednesday with my three boys and a diaper bag.

I saw the dog both days (with the same handler each day, too.)

I didn't think that my bag was searched more than usual either day. I actually think I've had much more thorough searches in the past. But I never assume - as others have said, it varies from CM to CM.

Adrienne