PDA

View Full Version : Some info from the Cast Portal about the 17th

Darkbeer
07-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Pumbaa opens at midnight.

Large-display Monitor Locations: IASW Mall, Tomorrowland, Central Plaza, Festival Arena, Town Square, Sunshine Plaza (Disney's California Adventure).

The following attractions will have a modified schedule July 17:
Closed All Day: Main Street Vehicles
Closed 9-10:30AM: Astro Orbitor, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, King Arthur Carrousel, Mark Twain Riverboat, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Peter Pan's Flight

Gifts:

Guests receive complimentary Golden Mouse Ears at every entrance point (including the Downtown Disney monorail station and Grand Californian Hotel entrance into Disney's California Adventure). A handstamp will be given along with these ears to mark who received and who did not.

Merchandise: Dated 50th Merchandise Available at: Festival Arena (two different LE pins only), Emporium, Disney Showcase, Bonanza Outfitters, Gag Factory, Star Trader.

Foods: Breakfast will be available at Blue Ribbon Bakery, Carnation Cafe, Plaza Inn, Club Buzz, Village Haus, Rancho del Zocalo, River Belle Terrace, Bengal Barbecue. "A Royal Disney Princess Breakfast" will be relocated to Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel July 17 only. "My Disneyland Birthday Party" will be relocated to the Big Thunder Ranch at 2 and 4:30pm July 17 only. Complimentary cupcakes will be available at the following locations (beginning with the lunch menu) while supplies last: DL: Blue Bayou, Blue Ribbon Bakery, Carnation Café, Club Buzz – Lightyear’s Above the Rest, French Market Restaurant, Hungry Bear Restaurant, Plaza Inn, Rancho del Zocalo, Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port, River Belle Terrace, Stage Door Café, Village Haus. DCA: Ariel’s Grotto, Burger Invasion, Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill, Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Taste Pilots’ Grill, Wine Country Trattoria, The Vineyard Room.

Disneyland receives its star on the Hollywood Walk of fame July 14, at 10:30AM. Space Mountain's opening ceremony is at 10AM July 15, while Turtle Talk's opening ceremony is 12PM that day. Space Mountain opens to guests on July 15 at 11AM, Turtle Talk at 2PM.

DCA's early morning opening has not been verified, and therefore was not included in the Special Edition Cast Member Reference Guide.

millionairegirl
07-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Closed 9-10:30AM: Astro Orbitor, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, King Arthur Carrousel, Mark Twain Riverboat, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Peter Pan's Flight

I wonder why all these will be closed. I'm assuming it's for the ceremony due to the time, but why Big Thunder and Mark Twain also. And why not Mr. Toad's? Hmmm...

AJsMom
07-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I wonder why all these will be closed. I'm assuming it's for the ceremony due to the time, but why Big Thunder and Mark Twain also. And why not Mr. Toad's? Hmmm...

People with the Walts Dream package will be having breakfast aboard the Mark Twain so that area will be closed until after that is all cleaned up. I assume.

AVP
07-14-2005, 12:11 PM
I wonder why all these will be closed. I'm assuming it's for the ceremony due to the time, Pyro. Daytime fireworks for the ceremony.

AVP

Ilovemypixie
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm probably gonna end up kicking myself for not remembering this, but where exactly is the festival arena?

My girlfriend is pin crazy and I know I'll end up standing in an hours long line to get some. My dilema is whether to go to star trader or the festival arena first. So many collectibles, so little time/patience/money :D

Andrew
07-14-2005, 12:47 PM
The Festival Arena is the former Big Thunder Ranch, along Big Thunder Trail between Frontierland and Fantasyland.

Ilovemypixie
07-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Great.. Thanks! Any recommendations for which one to go to first?

Niwel
07-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Oy -- my head is swimming with all of this info! AND it is all subject to change, of course. I think I'll watch the event from wherever my body happens to land at 10 a.m.
I guess the bigger question involves DCA -- people will be at DL, most of whom have heard that they might not get back into DL if they leave -- so who will be in DCA?

cyberRoo
07-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Any confirmation that CM's will not be able to use their passes for admission?

charpaul
07-14-2005, 03:52 PM
DCA will be filled with the "happy" vactioners that did not count on this being a special day at DL. I hope they offer the DCA option to ALL guests when and if they close DL......

DopeyWife
07-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Guests receive complimentary Golden Mouse Ears at every entrance point (including the Downtown Disney monorail station and Grand Californian Hotel entrance into Disney's California Adventure). A handstamp will be given along with these ears to mark who received and who did not.

Does everyone who enters the parks on July 17 receive mouse ears? Or do they only have a certain amount they are giving away??

millionairegirl
07-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Good while supplies last.

(I heard they have 70,000 cupcakes, not sure how many ears, but I'm sure if you get there before noon you'll get your ears).

SCUBAbe
07-14-2005, 08:37 PM
am I understanding this correctly???I can go into DCA on the 17th at a normal time (10am) and get ears?? I don't even have to venture into the insanity of DL that day??? this is looking better and better to me,...:)

evrythngwmn
07-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Any confirmation that CM's will not be able to use their passes for admission?

CMs will not be able to use their IDs or Main Gate passes for admission. The only way they can legally enter the park is by using one of their complimentary tickets which the company sends out twice a year.

I also overheard some managers saying that any CMs found in the park not working will have to show a validated ticket.

Tinkerbelle
07-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Does the Company send out the complimentary tickets to all the CM's? 'cuz I didn't get any :(

millionairegirl
07-15-2005, 06:24 AM
I think it depends on your department and seniority and stuff. It's probably more like the people in TDA or Burbank that get complimentary passes occasionally.

But, regarding complimentary tickets, my DH and I were given some earlier this year for helping out the entertainment department with something. On the back it says "Complimentary, Good for Disneyland Park only, expires 12/15/05, no valid 12/26-12/31 of any year". I called to make sure we could use this on Sunday, and the lady said that as long as it didn't say not valid 7/17 you were fine. So, if you have a complimentary ticket like that you can use it.

I hope that doesn't change!

evrythngwmn
07-16-2005, 08:56 AM
Does the Company send out the complimentary tickets to all the CM's? 'cuz I didn't get any :(

They send them out to all CMs once during the summer and again at Christmas time. The ones for summer this year haven't been sent out yet.

dsnyredhead
07-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Cast members will probably recieve them July 18th...

evrythngwmn
07-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Cast members will probably recieve them July 18th...

guess what I got today postmarked July 19th? Yep, this summer's complimentary tickets. :rolleyes: