PDA

View Full Version : First week of october

Rteneyck
07-14-2005, 11:04 AM
It's official. I have booked our trip from Oct 2- 5. I was just wondering if anyone has ever been around that time. It is my daughter's 5th birthday and we will be celebrating there. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

pirateabbie
07-14-2005, 11:07 AM
It's a great time of year to visit. It's not terribly crowded and the weather is usually pleasant. We almost always go in early October. In fact, I'll be there when you are!

hlbtimes2
07-14-2005, 11:28 AM
We love the park in Oct. The crowds are usually pretty small, and the weather is usually good. However, I do think that Oct 1-2 are Gay days, so you might have some crowds during that weekend.

Rteneyck
07-14-2005, 11:34 AM
We love the park in Oct. The crowds are usually pretty small, and the weather is usually good. However, I do think that Oct 1-2 are Gay days, so you might have some crowds during that weekend.

Wow - Gay days huh? I never even knew that they had there. I hope it is pretty mild - I don't need my daughter asking a lot of questions yet, I am trying to wait until later to explain all of that stuff to her.

tlovesdis
07-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Wow - Gay days huh? I never even knew that they had there. I hope it is pretty mild - I don't need my daughter asking a lot of questions yet, I am trying to wait until later to explain all of that stuff to her.

It's mild, just very crowded that weekend! I think Saturday they go to Disneyland and Sunday they go to DCA.

hlbtimes2
07-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Its "unofficial", not a Disney advertised event. I've never been during it, so I dont know what you are likely to find for crowds and behavior.

PennyLane
07-14-2005, 11:58 AM
I always seem to go during Gay Days, and haven't noticed it to be that much more crowded. As far as your daughter asking questions, you are much more likely to see PDAs from teenagers in the park, so I wouldn't worry :) My birthday is that same time, so we will be there too!

shawnarae
07-14-2005, 12:19 PM
I have actually heard that during Gay Days is a great time to go. Maybe more people opt not to go then, or what, but it would not bother me in the least. I plan on going Sept 31- Oct 2.

Rteneyck
07-14-2005, 12:43 PM
I am feeling a little better about now after hearing all of the reviews. I was just worried about mass people and stuff. I have heard it got crazy at DW before and I wasn't aware they had it at Disneyland. I agree about the PDA with the teenagers.

shawnarae
07-14-2005, 03:26 PM
I also have heard a lot of the Gay Days include couples with children. A lot of families together also. So it is "Disney clean". I think it is just a day off season they go to enjoy Disneyland without "looks". You know? Many people nowadays are not very friendly towards Gay families & that is sad to me. (I follow the Golden Rule no matter what race, size, shape, orientation, ect). No worries, your daughter probably wont notice anything out of the ordinary :) I would not go if it was rumored to be a "make-out fest", but it never has been. Just other people who LOVE Disney like all of us!!!

SO..............Oct 1st......I am excited :) Cool weather, shorter lines, maybe the "Nightmare" layover on Haunted Mansion then???????? YAY :D :D

Rteneyck
07-14-2005, 03:38 PM
You are definatley right. I have no problem with them either and they don't bother me in the least. I guess I am overprotective because she is at that stage now where she notices EVERYTHING (including the groping teenagers)and is very curious. Some of the questions she comes up with blow me away sometimes and she isn't even 5 yet. I don't think I was that smart when I was her age.

PennyLane
07-14-2005, 03:49 PM
SO..............Oct 1st......I am excited :) Cool weather, shorter lines, maybe the "Nightmare" layover on Haunted Mansion then???????? YAY :D :D

The Haunted Mansion is scheduled to reopen with the layover on the 30th :D
We were there the same time last year, and while the park wasn't too crowded, The Mansion was a madhouse that Friday night! It was fun though, and we saw Jack and Sally :)