PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Vacation Challenge

Lekta
07-14-2005, 10:22 AM
There are many experts on here about planning their/your Disneyland vacation. Most of you seem to find excellent prices. Here is the challenge, if you choose to take it:

Timeframe: November-early December (take into account slowest times pls)
Goal: Cheapest Vacation that includes 4 days in DL/DCA

There is a number of ways you could do this. Let us assume that the vacationer in question is 1000 miles away (oh wow, your right, I am 1000 miles away, coincidence?). In this planning you can either, fly, drive, take bus, take train, hitchhike (not recommended), etc. Anything and any way you get to Anahiem, it must be put into the budget. Why don't we use PDX as a "neutral" starting point. :)

For example, if you choose to drive you have to factor in the time it takes plus the cost of gas. Flying? Tickets and transportation. You get the idea.

You'll of course need the DL tix. However, likely the most important decision that will separate you from the pack, the days (any days around November, but not before November, could even drift into early December however driving could then be difficult) and the hotel rates for those given days. We will say that the hotel needs to be for 5 nights. Obviously the closer to the park the better, but you are trying spend the least you can.

I have noticed that many of you enjoy doing this type of activity, but, if not, no worries, just thought it would be fun. I'll do it myself at some point today.

Have a MAGICAL day! :fez:

hlbtimes2
07-14-2005, 10:41 AM
How many adults and how many children? Do you care what days of the week you are there? If you go all week days there will be less people, but the park hours will be shorter and you might not catch fireworks for F!. Does that matter?

Darkbeer
07-14-2005, 10:41 AM
I am not sure if I would buy plane tickets just yet, there is a good chance they will go down after Labor Day...

And Disney usually does some type of sale in the Fall on its Multi Day ParkHoppers bought in advance...

As for rooms, you want CHEAP!, How about $31 a night at the Parkside Inn and Suites... I picked the dates December 4th thru 9th and used Travelaxe ( a great tool)...

http://www.travelaxe.com

Note, the Parkside is an older 2 story Motel. Nothing fancy here, but if you are just looking for a bed and a shower....

http://www.parksidehotels.com/hoteldisplay.asp?hotelid=10

Lekta
07-14-2005, 10:52 AM
How many adults and how many children? Do you care what days of the week you are there? If you go all week days there will be less people, but the park hours will be shorter and you might not catch fireworks for F!. Does that matter?

2 Adults no children for this example scenerio =)

Lekta
07-14-2005, 10:57 AM
I am not sure if I would buy plane tickets just yet, there is a good chance they will go down after Labor Day...

And Disney usually does some type of sale in the Fall on its Multi Day ParkHoppers bought in advance...

As for rooms, you want CHEAP!, How about $31 a night at the Parkside Inn and Suites... I picked the dates December 4th thru 9th and used Travelaxe ( a great tool)...

http://www.travelaxe.com

Note, the Parkside is an older 2 story Motel. Nothing fancy here, but if you are just looking for a bed and a shower....

http://www.parksidehotels.com/hoteldisplay.asp?hotelid=10

Sounds pretty good! Is there any SoCal ticket specials during that timeframe. I know I was sorely disappointed on the last trip I took in April when I thought the park wasn't going to be crowded. Little did I know there was some kind of SoCal passholder special going on or something.

BTW - I saw you at the park when I was there last Darkbeer. I didn't fully realize who you were until after I had gotten off the ride. At which point you were no where in site so I could say hi! I was in line with you at Buzz. You were just behind me and my wife. The date would have been April 11th and you were taking a few pictures of the que! :)

phillyorig
07-14-2005, 01:45 PM
I couldn't do it.
I am so used to planning a vaca for 6.
I guess I am starting to find out. Taking a mini trip Monday and my oldest can't go because of work!!!

I still make turkey day dinner like I was cooking for 50 people lol and there is only 9 for dinner now lol