PDA

View Full Version : 50th TV Special? Ideas for Party at Home?

PinkFloyd
07-14-2005, 05:50 AM
I apologize if this has been posted already. I was wondering if on Sunday there will be any programs on the Disney Channel, ABC or anywhere for that matter that will commemorate the 50th?

Also, since I will sorrowfully not be able to make to the park, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can celebrate at home? I plan on wearing Disneyland gear, watching the Walt Disney Treasures Disneyland DVD, and making a cake. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

experiment626
07-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Not sure about specials but I bet the national news will have a segment of Disneyland.

Disnerd
07-14-2005, 09:58 PM
When I plug in Disneyland and items for the 50th anniversary into my RePlayTV DVR nothing comes back. I am searching all DirecTV channels and West coast and East coast network feeds. I had a friend do the same thing with his Tivo and he came up with nothing. On the 18th The Travel Channel is rerunning the Inside Disneyland program. I think all that will be on are short news stories and B roll videos that the park sends out.

Disney Vault
07-14-2005, 10:31 PM
I wish ABC would have had a nice special. They have a perfect time to show it. During the wonderful world of disney. But for one week instead of showing a movie they could show a two hour segment on Disneyland and recap on the events from the day.

Why couldn't they do this? It seems so simple.

Niwel
07-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Sorry guys, until they bring back Vault Disney, it looks like we will never see "Anniversary Shows" again...