PDA

View Full Version : Good non-Disney hotel for honeymoon?

biolabetty
07-13-2005, 09:20 PM
My sister-in-law is going to give one of her employees a 3 night trip to Disneyland for their honeymoon. They can't afford a Disney hotel, and I know how wonderful Hojo is, but would that be a great place for the first 3 nights of someone's honeymoon? Ideally the budget would be around $100 a night. Any suggestions out there?

Mrs.N
07-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Last year we got rooms at the Hyatt from Priceline for $44/night, though not during the summer. But that might be an option. It's not really walking distance but they do have a shuttle and it's a very nice hotel.

Niwel
07-13-2005, 09:44 PM
Sheraton has a really pretty garden :)

shawnarae
07-13-2005, 10:35 PM
If it is "off season" don't give up on a Disney Hotel :) I have gotten $89 rooms before at PP & $99 at DLH. Off season (after Labor Day). Do they have dates yet??????

biolabetty
07-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Their dates are August 8-11. It would be great to get a DL hotel, but I don't think it will work with the budget.

millionairegirl
07-14-2005, 06:15 AM
Check the Ayres Hotel in Anaheim (accross from the Pond). The rooms and bathrooms are great and they include a free hot breakfast and shuttle to Disneyland Resort. The rates are close to $95.

Rteneyck
07-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I would also have to say the Sheraton. They are in a great location and good service.

munchkinsmom0003
07-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Another vote for the Sheraton!

Opus1guy
07-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Also a Sheraton vote. Wonderful landscaping and some charming little spots on property. But I don't know if you'll be able to find an under-$100 rate at that time. Web site shows $125-$129 during those dates.

FYI, they have Wedding Night/Romance Packages at $189 that includes:

Wedding Package Includes One Night Room And Tax Accommodations,.Full American Breakfast For Two Via Room Service Or.Restaurant, Bottle Of Wine And Cheese Plate On Arrival (May Be.Substituted For Champagne And Strawberries; Please Note In.Reservation If Guest Would Prefer) And A 4Pm Late Check Out If Available.

Beautiful Oversized Spacious Room Approx 500 Sq.Ft. Traditional Style Decor.

Room amenities Traditional Non-Smoking, Sweet Sleeper Bed, Spacious Oversized Room, Safe

Not a bad deal considering that with the package, the taxes are included. They could always stay their first night under the package rate/plan and then the other night(s) at the lower standard rate, as an option.

biolabetty
07-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Has the Sheraton completed their refurb?

Opus1guy
07-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Has the Sheraton completed their refurb?

Yep. If you're talking about the recent room refurb where they freshened up the carpets, wallcoverings and installed the new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds.

Unless they've just started some other one I don't know about. When I stayed there last month they were 100% up and running with no evidence of any refurb work, except across the street where they've torn down Spaghetti Station and are going to build a new restaurant there. But that's across the street.

biolabetty
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Yes, that's what I was talking about Opus, thank you for your help. This sounds like the best choice, I hope they can work out rates.

crazi4dlr
07-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Their dates are August 8-11. It would be great to get a DL hotel, but I don't think it will work with the budget.

If you have an AP or know someone who does then have them try and see what the rates are. We got the GCH for $179/night. DLH is $119/night and PPH is $89/night. Now these are rates for Sunday and Monday nights but if the couple can go down for a Sun and Mon, she may be able to swing it. I don't know how it all works cuz I'm a new AP holder. Worth a try, maybe?