PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from 7/8-7/10

Pages : [1] 2

shawnarae
07-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Here are some pictures from my trip last weekend. Nothing that has not been shown before, just thought I'd share with you all. Especially those with upcoming trips and those having withdrawls. I took pics of the Block Party, new Buzz ride, Electrical Parade & Ariel's Grotto Character lunch. In case anyone was curious :) Block Party was just GREAT! Kids loved it.

Just go to the Disneyland Album on my link.

Shawna's Disney Trip 7/8-7/10 (http://photos.yahoo.com/scrapbooksoiree)

Earkid
07-13-2005, 08:23 PM
OMG, how totally cute. I am in awe of little Paris. What a diva, her hair didn't move the entire day!! Thanks for sharing. :D

chryslervan
07-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Here are some pictures from my trip last weekend. Nothing that has not been shown before, just thought I'd share with you all. Especially those with upcoming trips and those having withdrawls. I took pics of the Block Party, new Buzz ride, Electrical Parade & Ariel's Grotto Character lunch. In case anyone was curious :) Block Party was just GREAT! Kids loved it.

NICE pictures.
However, I am surprised that you loved Block Party. We NEVER did stop to watch it during any of the 5 days we were in DLR (June 12-16, 2005) and were mad at it because the traffic jam in Sunshine Plaza as one enters Hollywood Pictures Backlot in California Adventure almost caused us to miss Aladdin. :mad:

nursemelis374
07-13-2005, 08:53 PM
Cute pics! I love the name Aiden!

SeansMom
07-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks for sharing your pics...it's always fun to take a little mini mind vacation to DL through other padders stories and pics. I really enjoyed the EP pics. Will probably always be my favorite parade.
AND, what a darling family! Looks like you all had a great time :).

gerry
07-13-2005, 09:05 PM

Thanks for sharing those cool pictures. Looks like everybody had a lot of fun.

rfaljean
07-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Great pics.... Kids are sooooo cute.... Aiden is going to be new baby's name...love it...
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

shawnarae
07-13-2005, 10:14 PM
It was a lot of fun overall. But yes, the kids have their moments and we did get many looks from their moments. But when it is said & done we will look back at the pictures and remember the good :)

And they all 3 can't stop talking about Disneyland these past 3 day. So now with an AP we have to get back in Oct for sure. Aiden just was tickled to death to ride Splash, his first time. And the drop in Pirates was another favorite of his. We had to do both rides twice for him.

Now that my kids are out of the baby stage I get to see Disneyland through the eyes of being a kid again. The excitement of waiting in line to enter, seeing the characters, seeing the castle...all of that. Even the fireworks. The kids were in awe. Total delight on their faces, which I was surprised since a week before they saw a huge fireworks show here in Vegas. The Disneyland "Remember" was much better to them I think, then any 4th of July show. It brings back memories of when I was little. It's great ;)

And yes....Paris' hair just stays in place once I stick those bows in. She even napped with her bow in & it did not bother her a bit. I got stopped quite a bit by people asking if I made those, & no I bought them off Ebay. I even had a tourist from Spain take a picture of her bow at Muppet Vision. It was funny to be asked to take a picture of bow, but of course I said yes...I would have given it to her had she asked :)

Also...I am not a parade person myself. My parents never had patience to wait and let me actually see a whole parade, ever. So I try and make it a point to at least try something with them. They had SOOOOO much fun. And the dancing & interaction was so great. My kids were not bored and they got a couple of the balls that shoot out at the end. It was great!

Life is so short, you know...all about enjoying while you can and having memories to live on.............

mattsmomma
07-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Your pictures are great, thanks for sharing! Okay, question for you (from a newbie to DL) how/where did you get the kid's names put on their golden ears?
Very cool!
Thanks,
~julie

disneyland addict13
07-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Your pictures are great, thanks for sharing! Okay, question for you (from a newbie to DL) how/where did you get the kid's names put on their golden ears?
Very cool!
Thanks,
~julie

The stores that sell hats (such as The Mad Hatter in Fantasyland) carry the golden Mickey ears. You just take the ears up to the counter and ask them to stitch the name/s on the back. I believe there is no extra charge. They have you write the name on a piece of paper and attach it to the hat. Depending on how busy they are, they will stitch the name right then and there or tell you to come back later to pick it up and pay for it.

shawnarae
07-14-2005, 07:12 AM
The previous poster is correct. I got my Golden hats at the shop "Greetings" at DCA. He stitched them up right then & there. It was not busy in there at all at the time.

oregontraveler
07-14-2005, 07:17 AM
great pictures, I'm leaning towards the Ariel's character lunch now.

splashmtngurl
07-14-2005, 08:03 AM
LOVED the pics, your kids are sooooo adorable!

Rteneyck
07-14-2005, 08:13 AM
How Adorable! It makes me want to take the kids right now. I noticed you stayed at the Paradise Pier. How did you like the hotel. I have only stayed at DH and GCH?

shawnarae
07-14-2005, 08:27 AM
The Hotel was OK. I am usually a BIG FAN of PP Hotel. But this past weekend they were booked solid and I think things slipped a bit. Verses my "non summer" stays. But the price last weekend was only $149, so you can't beat it.

Things I found disapointing: In my non-smoking room it smelled really bad like smoke. I mean every day, it did not go away. The bathroom smelled like mildew/water. A weird "wet" smell, that had a combination of dirty mop water. I did the breakfast express for Sat Morning (hanging the menu on the door the night before), and when it was delivered at 6am there was only 1 of 4 meals. Who ever entered it in the computer to be prepared, stopped after the 1st entree. We had to leave the hotel at 6:30am to hit Early Entry, so no time to wait for our other 3 meals. Then the A/C went from ICE cold to humid/warm. Up & down all day and night we were in it. Room 1234 on 12th floor. Not sure if it was the room or what. It did have a great view of DCA though & was overall clean. When we checked in sthe Cast Member said to us "let me see if this room is ready". It was 8pm, so I was confused at that comment. She went into an office and came back out & said "YES, the computer just showed different". So from the start I was thinking it may have been a room people complained about.

Overall..........everything else was great! I need to do to Character breakfast next time since it changed to Lilo & Stitch. The shop downstairs is great & also a little coffee bar I got a few goodies and milk at for the kids. Overall this trip was a C+ rating. Usually I have an A rating.

PS........It is always an A+ rating at DLH, but for $100 cheaper a night I sometimes go to PPH on principal :) Still need to do Grand CA Hotel! Oct maybe I will????? It is GORGEOUS in there :)

kimc0486
07-14-2005, 08:36 AM
Great pictures, your kids are dressed so cute!! How old are they all? It looked like they had fun at DL/DCA!

Rteneyck
07-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks so much for the info. I love hearing candid reviews of hotels. It sounds like they are extremely busy. I have never had too many problems with either hotels or service. I can't stand the smoke smell. The fact that the GCH is completely non-smoking is awesome. The Lilo and Stitch breakfast sounds fun. Great price staying on property at this time of year though! That savings makes it worth it. More to spend on other stuff.

shawnarae
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Paris is 2 (born 1/30/03), Aiden is 3.5 (born 9/21/01) and Evan is 8 (born 5/8/97).

Evan is my helper......when he was small and the babies were born he called them "his babies" to everyone. It was cute :) He is my "other set of eyes" when we are out & about.......He is the serious of the 3kids. Then Aiden is my "wild man" & Paris is my sweet heart, but throws the most shocking tantrums! My mom always told me "you will get your's when you have kids"...I DID! :D

kohl
07-14-2005, 08:48 AM
I loved your pictures. We were there around the same time as you, July 7 - 10.
We saw the Block Party Bash for the first time and loved it. My 7 year old son was getting bored waiting for it and wanted to leave. After we saw it he said "Thanks mom for making us stay. It was so much fun!" We watched the Toy Story stop since he still loves Toy Story.
We also stayed at PP Hotel and didn't have any problems. We were in room 1201. We actually thought it was less crowded this time than when we went the week of April 13 for my son's BDay. The elevators were all working this time!

shawnarae
07-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey, you were down the hall from us!! Glad your room was "smelling fresh". Maybe it was just "naughty" guests before us smoking in a "non-smoking' room. But the dirty water smell was just gross. I actually got down with a towel and soap and washed the floor up. I could feel sticky under my feet in there. It was nasty...but I never called & complain. My own fault I guess.

I would not have thought they were booked solid, but I saw some people come into the lobby looking for a room for the night on Fri. When they asked the Cast member about availibility, she said they are "sold out". As well as DLH & GCH. But you are right, we had no problem with the elevators.

Hawaiian Cinderella
07-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks for sharing...great pictures....I wish our trip was right around the corner....

You have a beautiful family, adorable kids and you yourself look too young and beautiful to be their mother!!!

Crazy4DL
07-14-2005, 11:56 AM
You have a beautiful family, adorable kids and you yourself look too young and beautiful to be their mother!!!

I was thinking the same thing! :) and I WANT your beautiful hair! ;)

Very cute family. Paris was almost born on my b-day 1/31 and I noticed she was wearing an outfit from one of our favorite stores, Gymboree :D

Glad you had a nice trip - we have trouble with the kids sometimes too, you expect them to be nothing but happy at DL and sometimes they just aren't :eek: ;)

pisces
07-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Shawna, are you a model?

Your hair !!!! Your hair looks better than Nikki's on The Young and The Restless. The color is perfect, and not a trace of frizz. What products do you use?

I hope you have some 8x10's (Or, is that 8x5's?) Like I would know--- :rolleyes: .....to send to the studios, while you were here.

Such beautiful people inhabiting the Park.....I can see I'm going to have to work on my grooming when I'm there next! ;)

kohl
07-14-2005, 02:18 PM
I would love to know what products you use on your hair for frizz. My hair is one big frizz ball!

Skunker
07-14-2005, 03:03 PM
I would love to know what products you use on your hair for frizz. My hair is one big frizz ball!

This is off topic, but I just realized you will be in the park one day before me! Woo hoo, come on October!