PDA

View Full Version : left tunnel or right tunnel?

Pages : [1] 2

lilstreet
07-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Ok, I'm sure that this question has been asked before, but I'm still very curious so I must ask. Which tunnel do all of you prefer to go through at the entrance under the railroad station? Right or Left?
I ALWAYS go right. I don't really think about it, just feels right I guess.
What about everyone else? :confused:

PartridgeFam 2004
07-13-2005, 02:18 PM
I always go left because I know where the cleanest bathrooms are. The ones next to the Fire station

Andrew
07-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Enter right (stroller rental/Opera House) and exit right (City Hall). Like you said, it just feels right.

lilstreet
07-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes when I leave Disneyland, I always go the opposite direction, on the same side that the firehouse is on.
But my mom just brought it to my attention, that more often than not, when we re-enter the park, we go left! That is so weird! I guess I just never thought about that.

So what about CA? Left or right?

Mark Mywords
07-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Strange, on our last trip I realized that all of a sudden I was consistantly gravitating towards the right tunnel. That's new, I used to always go left.

Stupid_American
07-13-2005, 02:52 PM
I enter through whichever tunnel is closest to the gate I chose.
I exit through the western tunnel because thats where the exits are.

wenderella
07-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Enter left...ALWAYS! Exit on opposite...left again when you're heading that direction. It's tradition! It feels WRONG when we even think about going through the right side. Psycho...huh!

HydroGuy
07-13-2005, 03:21 PM
This sounds like a right brain/left brain/wrong brain kind of thing. Maybe. Sort of... :p

disneyperson
07-13-2005, 03:36 PM
LEFT!!!!!! The other way would be....just......wrong. :geek:

mkcbunny
07-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Heading in, left. Always moving to the left.

What's really odd is that on my last trip, my husband, a Disney first-timer, said, without prompting, "Keep going, down to the left." Out of the blue. It was very strange.

Going out, whichever way is less crowded.

Tutter
07-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Always left because that is the right way to go in :D Well it's clockwise isn't it? You leave by the tunnel beside the Opera House and enter the side of the town hall. I wonder if it is to do with driving? Living in Scotland of course we drive on the left hand side of the road - so it feels you shoudl enter through the left tunnel exit through the right.

SCUBAbe
07-13-2005, 04:40 PM
we always go in through the left...unless we are planning on going to tomorrowland first then we go through the right...oh and if there are alot of kiddy's blocking the tunnel waiting for baby pushers (strollers) then we go to the left...but just becasue people ahve no idea that by standing in front of the tunnel the are blocking it...LOL

shawnarae
07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
We go in & out left.....I tried the right side last Sunday & it did not feel right. I think the strollers over there make me nervous since there is always kids running around waiting for their parents. I think when I enter I am on a mission to get from point A to point B, without running over little kiddies on the way.

Left seems less crowded to me I guess :)

itig
07-13-2005, 05:21 PM
left...don't know why. I think maybe because of the stroller confusion on the right...

Disneymademoiselle
07-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Aren't humans such creatures of habit?

I can't remember a time when I didn't enter on the right and exit on the left. Interesting.

hlbtimes2
07-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Enter right (stroller rental/Opera House) and exit right (City Hall). Like you said, it just feels right.

Yep, just feels right. Maybe this year I'll stand back, let the kids lead and see what they choose.

disneymeimei
07-13-2005, 07:31 PM
We enter through the left tunnel and exit through the left tunnel. When we need to rent a stroller, we entered to through the right, but we always exit through the left.

Although when leaving the left is on the right. Oh man, this reminds me of trying to give my DH directions. He just did not understand that when I'm pointing left and saying right, that I really meant right! Egads!

Wkr3kt
07-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Left in and out. We always pause for a moment at the firehouse and say a thank you to Walt both going in for what we are about to experience and coming out for a great time we had!

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Depends on where I'm going, and if the parade is going. Say, if it is going and I'm heading to TL, then I go right.

SeansMom
07-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Too funny...I'd never really thought about this, but always the left tunnel, both going in AND leaving. Huh. Aren't we just the little creatures of habit???

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Too funny...I'd never really thought about this, but always the left tunnel, both going in AND leaving. Huh. Aren't we just the little creatures of habit???

Just like when we're putting on socks or a pair of pants. The left foot first.

PragmaticIdealist
07-13-2005, 09:51 PM
I used to prefer the effect of entering under the D.R.R. tracks on the right and having the opera house and bank on my right, but the stroller situation in the Inner Lobby is ridiculously disorganized on that side anymore. I hope Disneyland eventually resolves the issue and situates Wheelchair and Stroller Rentals somewhere else.

TowerofTerror
07-13-2005, 09:53 PM
I go right

sdfilmcritic
07-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Left. The majority of the time it's left.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-13-2005, 09:59 PM
The west tunnel, most of the time. Usually, it's the closest to the ticket gate where I went in, and closest to City Hall, where I often stop to get a quick glance at a guidemap and entertainment schedule(I rarely need to carry either one around), and closest to the Guided Tour office and garden for my annual Walt's Footsteps tour, and closest to the exit on the way out.

If I'm headed to or from something on the east side of Town Square, then I'll take the east tunnel. Unless I take the west one from force of habit (which has happened)