PDA

View Full Version : How "open" will DCA be when they open up at 2:00am?

Pages : [1] 2

Pat-n-Eil
07-13-2005, 11:33 AM
This may have been asked and answered already, but a quick scan didn't reveal any obvious threads.

Just how "open" will DCA be when they open up at 2:00am.

Will attractions like Soarin' or Screamin' be open?
What about restaurants, or coffee or stores?
Will they just open the bathrooms and turn on the lights?
Maybe one can enjoy DCA without the music going all the time?

:)

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 11:35 AM
This may have been asked and answered already, but a quick scan didn't reveal any obvious threads.

Just how "open" will DCA be when they open up at 2:00am.

Will attractions like Soarin' or Screamin' be open?
What about restaurants, or coffee or stores?
Will they just open the bathrooms and turn on the lights?

:)

I am pretty sure there won't be any rides open. I think I read that there will be beverages and food available, but limited. Restrooms I'm sure will be open. The music, hard to tell. They may not have it going, but they may being that there will be people in the park. More than likely not though. And I'm guessing that they will be forming a que along the parade route similiar to what they did in DLand when DCA first opened.

SoCalDude
07-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Ok - I admit I am behind...

but what/when is this?

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Ok - I admit I am behind...

but what/when is this?

To accomodate those that want to camp out early for the opening on the 17th, DCA will open their gates to house a "que" for these fans. The gates will open at 2am, and will allow them entry into Dland at about 7am.

TikiGeek
07-13-2005, 11:55 AM
I hope napping will be allowed - if not sleeping bags. :rolleyes:

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I hope napping will be allowed - if not sleeping bags. :rolleyes:

Napping, yes. Sleeping bags, possibly. Pop up tents, BIG negative on that.

Opus1guy
07-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Napping, yes. Sleeping bags, possibly. Pop up tents, BIG negative on that.

Can I bring in my Winnebago?

;)

averagedork
07-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Wait?! Can I camp out on my DUH bench!? Sleeping almost overnight there? I may have to make calls... (since you know I will be there Saturday and all).

Alex S.
07-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Subject to change, this is the information officially being put out by Guest Services to people who call:

Once in DCA you will be queued. You will stay in queue. If you leave the queue (for restrooms and snacks, for example) you will need to have someone hold your place or you may be shunted to the back of the queue. If you want to sit, you get the ground under you on which to do it (unless you're lucky enough to be at a bench).

Subject to change, blah blah blah...

Doesn't sound like it is going to be a big party atmosphere or anything like that. I doubt that they'd let in anything particularly bulky on which you might lay down or sit, though if it compresses small enough it might not be a problem.

TikiGeek
07-13-2005, 01:23 PM
I doubt that they'd let in anything particularly bulky on which you might lay down or sit, though if it compresses small enough it might not be a problem.Ah! My folding bean bag chair should work nicely. :D

AVP
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM
And, subject to change, this is what people familiar with the situation are unofficially telling those who ask:

This is a line, NOT a party.

You will stay IN LINE.

You may leave line to 1) go to the restroom 2) buy food.

You may not join friends who are ahead of you in line - if your group wishes to be in line together, either get there at the same time, or be prepared to join the last member to arrive at the END of the line when they get there.

You may bring blankets. You may not bring chairs, unless it is your own personal wheelchair. You may not bring tents. Sleeping bags, radios, televisions and other such items will probably not be allowed.

If you leave DCA for any reason, you will lose the wristband you received when you entered the park.

If you return to DCA before 6:00 am, you will get a new wristband and join the END of the line. You may not rejoin the people you were previously in line with.

If you return to the resort AFTER 6:00 am, you will be held outside the package checkpoint until it reopens. You may not rejoin your group inside DCA.

The Hollywood and Main Entrance restrooms will be open.

The lockers will not be operational.

Award Wieners will have a limited menu.

Schmoozies will be open for coffee and smoothies.

Limited ODV will be available for sodas and snacks.

There will be no entertainment.

AVP

dsnyredhead
07-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Reading the last message, I have a belief that there is a subliminal message in there somewhere. ;)

SoCalDisneyLover
07-13-2005, 02:15 PM
So Where's the party?

Niwel
07-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Of course being in a line doesn't mean people won't be singing and trying to lead a wave.

My guess is the whole thing will start at the entrance to Hollywood, wrap past Muppets, and Monsters Inc, turn right, go past Hyperion down to ToT, past the ToT FP, in front of the animation building to the bathrooms and Playhouse Disney. Of course the odds of the line getting that big would shock me -- I think a lot of people who saw what happened on the 5th might be too scared to come on the 17th...

SoCalDisneyLover
07-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I spent 10 hours in the 100 Degree Sun, for the opportunity to be 5 feet away from Bono, and then spent the evening in a tent so I could be 2nd Row watching Federer at Wimbledon, so I know that it's wrong to underestimate the willingness of people to wait long periods of time.

That said, I still expect there won't be as much of a line as people seem to fear. Several thousand will line up, but I think the most important thing will be to get there before 6 AM, so you can be amongst the group let in at 7 AM, as there may be a much longer line for the regular 8 AM admission, and some of the limited souvenirs may be gone by then.

My main goals....1. Get Locker. 2. Get Limited Edition Pins 3. Space Mountain Fast Pass 4. Stake out spot for 10 AM ceremony. Not necessarily in that order.

MrsG
07-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Music is on in the park 24/7. You will be hearing those California songs over and over and over and over.... just like a CM!

dingdong2U
07-13-2005, 08:39 PM
And... I'm not sure if this has been asked before (it probably has so sue me, j/k) but does anyone know what the hours will be for the "Mickey and Friends" Parking Structure for July 17th? Will the Timon parking lot be the only one open overnight and the "Mickey and Friends" lot open at its usual 7:00am time?

Due to my schedule I'm going to be unable to get to the park early like everyone else (I even had to cancel my hotel ressies) but am wondering what time the M&F parking lot opens so I can join all you crazies later that morning... ;-)

Anyone know of anything that has been said from Guest Relations?

--- Mike

evrythngwmn
07-14-2005, 01:44 AM
Of course being in a line doesn't mean people won't be singing and trying to lead a wave.

My guess is the whole thing will start at the entrance to Hollywood, wrap past Muppets, and Monsters Inc, turn right, go past Hyperion down to ToT, past the ToT FP, in front of the animation building to the bathrooms and Playhouse Disney. Of course the odds of the line getting that big would shock me -- I think a lot of people who saw what happened on the 5th might be too scared to come on the 17th...

Unless you are really thin and willing to get a bit dirty with possibly some splinters, there is only a very small gap between where the Monsters construction wall and Rizzo's meet.

Oh and the music normally does not play all night. It shuts off about 1 or 2am and kicks on again about the time the sun comes up.

DCADude
07-14-2005, 08:57 AM
even though this is a line not a party, wouldnt that be cool if block party bash did a show to get the people all hyped up.

shawnarae
07-14-2005, 09:45 AM
even though this is a line not a party, wouldnt that be cool if block party bash did a show to get the people all hyped up.

Now that would definitely be California Dreamin' :p :p :p

SilverStyle
07-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Music is on in the park 24/7. You will be hearing those California songs over and over and over and over.... just like a CM!

LOL thats funny. No they actually turn the music off. Its kinda of weird getting off of work and the park compl quiet. :fez:

MyBeast
07-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Anyone know of anything that has been said from Guest Relations?

--- Mike[/QUOTE]

I actually talked to guest relations and they said that DCA MAY open up depending on the crowds. So there is a good possibility that it will NOT be open. It all depends.

Mark Mywords
07-14-2005, 01:16 PM
I actually talked to guest relations and they said that DCA MAY open up depending on the crowds. So there is a good possibility that it will NOT be open. It all depends.

How would that work? I mean, don't they have to schedule people to work it in advance?

MrsG
07-14-2005, 01:17 PM
LOL thats funny. No they actually turn the music off. Its kinda of weird getting off of work and the park compl quiet. :fez:
Hmmm... I've gotten off at DL park at 2:30 am and the music was still on.

phoenixfire2k5
07-14-2005, 05:14 PM

I think a safe bet would be along the parade route.