PDA

View Full Version : "Remember" Fireworks Viewing Strategy

DznyNut
07-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi Mousefolk!

Our family will be making the annual trek to the "Land" and are excited to view Walt's park all spiffied and shined up!

Since everything that I have read about the new fireworks show say that the best viewing spot is in the hub. Now at the risk of exposing your secrets to the world (ww), I was wondering what your strategies were.

DznyNut

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi Mousefolk!

Our family will be making the annual trek to the "Land" and are excited to view Walt's park all spiffied and shined up!

Since everything that I have read about the new fireworks show say that the best viewing spot is in the hub. Now at the risk of exposing your secrets to the world (ww), I was wondering what your strategies were.

DznyNut

Line up in the hub, alongside the parade route. Face the parade route towards the Matterhorn. Find open bench here (early enough mind you), and you can watch both the parade and the fireworks here. You will have an unobstructed view of the castle and the Matterhorn.

SarahShep
07-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I went with a huge group, so we took turns staking out the benches right in front of the castle on the hub (behind the Partners statue). We started at about 4 p.m., before the last parade. All the "women" of the group (for the most part) stayed, while the "men" went with the kids to ride more rides. It was towards the end of our 5 days though, so we weren't too upset about just chilling there and getting off of our feet. In my opinion, it is the PERFECT place to see them because you have a completely unobstructed view of the Matterhorn and the Castle. If you get on the other side of the hub, you run into the problem of people standing up. On the front side (facing the castle), everyone who is infront of the castle pretty much stays seated. Two benches was enough to hold about 10 adult people (of "generous" size, as well). We spread blankets out below our feet for the kids and a few of the adults we didn't have enough bench space for.

Be prepared, though, because people will try to fight you tooth and nail for those benches. My aunt was sitting on one, holding her 5 month old baby, and some old man practically sat on her (on purpose!). Then we had someone else make up some story about how his back was hurting and he needed to sit on the bench or he'd have to go home (he was staking out spots on the curb below us). My mom wouldn't let him sit down because she knew he wouldn't get up. Sure enough, he never left and was still sitting on the curb after the fireworks ended. Back problems my backside. If it was bothering him that bad, he would have left anyway. I know I would have. And I LOVE Disneyland.

So those are my tips! They worked really well for us! And I have no problem sharing, now that we've already come back! :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 11:45 AM
...So those are my tips! They worked really well for us! And I have no problem sharing, now that we've already come back! :DThats basically what I said, you just gave more details. :p

DznyNut
07-13-2005, 12:04 PM
oops

DznyNut
07-13-2005, 12:04 PM
oops again

Neon Cactus
07-13-2005, 12:23 PM
We got there just about 40 minutes before the show started on a Saturday and got a spot in the hub between the concrete circle with the Partners statue and Main Street. We got a good view of about 90% of the castle, a tree partially blocked the right hand side, and the Matterhorn. Good spot and there surprisingly wasn't any jostling.

I do remember thinking that if they left too much time between the end of Fantasmic and the beginning of the fireworks, the crowd activity by Frontierland and Adventureland would look like the front lines in a Civil War battle! I thought considering the amount of people there, people were pretty well behaved. I'd love to see them try that kind of crowd self-control at Magic Mountain!

shawnarae
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
You know what. I know it may not be the most perfect spot, but we watched the fireworks from the "It's a Small World" area and it was great!!! We heard all the narration & saw everything really close up! I am sure they shoot the fireworks from Toontown.

We got to DL at about 9pm and headed to IASW with the kids. Got off the ride (which was empty) and the show was just starting. So we watched it from the little area by IASW stroller parking & thought it was great. Yes, I am sure with the castle & all it is probably a lot more "magical". But for arriving at 9pm I thought we did pretty good! And back there it was so empty! So if you can't score a bench or spot by the hub, I enjoyed the IASW area :)

ToursbabeC3po
07-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Me and my son went last night just to ride space and we were stuck in some really bad Firework Traffic for a good 30 to 40 mins going from tomorrow land to The park exit. Never again will I attempt to leave that time of night!!!!(9:00 PM)
Toursbabe

Matt Hamand
07-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Last Saturday night we sat on the curb of the Hub dead center in front of the castle. Pretty good seats for the fireworks.

http://matthamand.blogspot.com/2005/07/three-hours-for-fireworks.html

We couldn't really see the parade. It was to far to the right and behind several layers of people. But we're not parade people anyway.

Alex S.
07-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Here's our viewing guide for Remember...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm

It covers the official wheelchair spot near the hub as well as the Small World Mall viewing.

SarahShep
07-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Thats basically what I said, you just gave more details. :p

LOL...sorry, PHX. I started typing that when there were no responses at all...you must have gotten your short but sweet answer in while I was being my typical long-winded self!

Earkid
07-13-2005, 05:23 PM
We watched the fireworks from the Main Street Train Station. THey had a lot of the area front and center roped off for the tour groups. The CM told us to stand next to the wall of the station because we weren't allowed to block traffic into and out of the entrance and they would not allow people to congregate 2 and 3 deep in that area (translation = no one in front of us). THe later it got the more trouble we had keeping people from stopping in front of us and the CM's weren't much help. I ended up being the walkway police (I'm sorry but you can not stop there and block the walkway) and after the fireworks several people around us told me they were glad I was there to "enfore" the rules the CM's had told us. Being a loud mouth comes in handy some times.

As far as the view, it was great, very panoramic. We could see some of the castle effects, great view of the matterhorn, and the lasers were amazing from that distance. The best thing was the exit strategy. After the fireworks we were close to the front of the line to hop the next train and head over to ride POTC and HM.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
07-13-2005, 08:07 PM
We watched the fireworks from the Main Street Train Station. As far as the view, it was great, very panoramic. We could see some of the castle effects, great view of the matterhorn, and the lasers were amazing from that distance. The best thing was the exit strategy. After the fireworks we were close to the front of the line to hop the next train and head over to ride POTC and HM.

I'm glad to hear this! We're taking the 50th tour that has reserved fireworks seating. I know the hub is the best place, but I hoped the Main Street Station would be pretty good. I especially like the exit strategy.

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 08:50 PM
LOL...sorry, PHX. I started typing that when there were no responses at all...you must have gotten your short but sweet answer in while I was being my typical long-winded self!

:p

chryslervan
07-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I went with a huge group, so we took turns staking out the benches right in front of the castle on the hub (behind the Partners statue). We started at about 4 p.m., before the last parade. All the "women" of the group (for the most part) stayed, while the "men" went with the kids to ride more rides. It was towards the end of our 5 days though, so we weren't too upset about just chilling there and getting off of our feet. In my opinion, it is the PERFECT place to see them because you have a completely unobstructed view of the Matterhorn and the Castle. If you get on the other side of the hub, you run into the problem of people standing up. On the front side (facing the castle), everyone who is infront of the castle pretty much stays seated. Two benches was enough to hold about 10 adult people (of "generous" size, as well). We spread blankets out below our feet for the kids and a few of the adults we didn't have enough bench space for.

:D
We were too late to get your location so we started about 4 PM and sat on a curb side bench in front of the Plaza Inn. I was disappointed with the Parade (compared to the supurb Lion King, Aladdin, Mulan, etc. parades of the past). The music of the parade was disjointed and not the pleasing, melodic Disney music we have loved for decades. The Lion King float and music were the only parts I liked. :rolleyes:
The "Remember" Fireworks are worth the price of admission even if a person did not go on any rides. We did not renew our Annual Passports but will get new ones after my wife recovers from surgery so that we will not be wasting 4 or 5 months time when we will not be able to use them. ;)
Although it is 680 miles one way from our home to Disneyland Resort, it takes only a few moments inside either Disneyland or California Adventure to forget all about the long, boring drive through central and southern Utah; hot, desolate southern Nevada; and the equally hot, desolate Mojave Desert of California. (Neither my wife nor myself like to fly). We would go to Disneyland Resort at least once every week if we lived within 100 miles. :cool:

Doug
07-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Crowd control at MM? Haha... it takes a month for MM to see as many people as DL sees in one day! Remember thinking that no one was in MM, last year when I visited, I would guess not much more than 2,000 people where in the while park! Sad...

I thought considering the amount of people there, people were pretty well behaved. I'd love to see them try that kind of crowd self-control at Magic Mountain!

DznyNut
08-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Just got back from our annual trek to the Land, and saw the show 3 1/2 times (the 1/2 was when we were waiting for Fantasmic - yeeech). The first time we camped out saw the parade and fought off rudies for the next several hours. The most pain-free time that we saw it was when we got to the hub about 50 min before the 9:25 start and sat on the street to the right of the hub (facing the castle) adjacent to the inner curb of the hub just behind the roped travel paths that connect frontierland and tomorrowland. You get a little tree obstruction.

Most people stake out the benches first, then the sidewalks in front of the castle and around the hub, with the street pavement last. Be sure not to leave any space between where you sit and the ropes, cuz rudies will sit thier a**es down and try and squeeze in the 3 inch patch of real estate! :rolleyes:

Great show, especially love the Haunted Mansion/Pirate sequence!