PDA

View Full Version : The Disneyland College Program is Back

Pages : [1] 2

Niwel
07-13-2005, 11:02 AM
To everyone who asked what happend to the Disneyland College Program (http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/disneycollegeprogram/dcp_disneyland.html) , it has returned -- as an alum, I am very happy about that. :)

Qualifications:
•* Southern California resident or student with local living accommodations who does not require housing or living arrangements
•* Must have reliable transportation to and from the Disneyland® Resort
•* Currently enrolled in a college/university and have completed at least one semester
•* In good academic standing at his or her school (generally a 2.0 GPA or higher)
•* Must have unrestricted work authorization
•* Attendance at a campus presentation. Interviews for both Disney College Program and Advanced Internships will occur on campus following presentations

If Disneyland does not come to your campus, you may interview with the WDW college program rep and they will send the information to Disneyland.

For more stories about the College Program, check out our Cast Place stories (the link is in my sig line).

stan4d_steph
07-14-2005, 06:58 AM
That is good news. Too bad they didn't have this when I was in CA.

SallySkellington
07-14-2005, 08:48 AM
I don't think I've ever wanted to live in So Cal more.

Disney Vault
07-14-2005, 11:11 AM
That is very cool. At this point I still plan on doing the WDWCP but who knows. I love DL so much.

ToursbabeC3po
07-14-2005, 05:21 PM
I am happy they are not doing the housing for them this time around. When I first started working for the park there were a few people I know doing the college program that disney provided housing for but they charged way too much for housing. They were two bedroom apartments with 2 people in each room and they took out 675 a month!!!!! The poor kids had no money left over when they were done garnishing the wages for housing. I hope they get some young people that will bring some magic back into the parks :)
Toursbabe

DisneyBob
07-14-2005, 05:54 PM
I looked at the website... but it doesn't give specific information about how to apply. It just says "Attend a Disney College Program info session to discover how to Get the Magical Edge"... Does anyone know of a number to call to find out more?

jennyren
07-14-2005, 08:40 PM
oh man...i totally want to do it but santa monica to disneyland is quite a commute...

Niwel
07-14-2005, 10:50 PM
I looked at the website... but it doesn't give specific information about how to apply. It just says "Attend a Disney College Program info session to discover how to Get the Magical Edge"... Does anyone know of a number to call to find out more?
When school gets back in session, you should be seeing signs about upcoming DCP seminars (usually one in fall and one in winter). If you don't see one, I'd call DL casting and ask if you can speak to someone in the College Program, or someone who has a schedule -- they come to several California schools.

Courtney Anne
07-19-2005, 11:06 AM
what if you are in college - but older than the typical student... i am 28 -- and i would love to do this program - i would gladly move to DL for the program -- plus community college is cheaper out there than it is in AZ

Niwel
07-19-2005, 11:08 AM
what if you are in college - but older than the typical student... i am 28 -- and i would love to do this program - i would gladly move to DL for the program -- plus community college is cheaper out there than it is in AZ

I don't think age matters -- you just have to be at least 17. When you hear about the program coming, contact the name at the bottom (if there is one) to double check.....

Pirate Girl
07-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Of course, right as I finish my WDW college program, they bring back the one at Disneyland. I was hoping I could do mine there. Oh well.

Pirate Girl
07-19-2005, 11:18 AM

I don't know about California, but in Florida we have a huge age range of CP participants. There's even a small group of 40+ year olds who are returning to school. So I doubt you would be out of place at all.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-19-2005, 11:19 AM

My husband was a participant and older than the average student but not as old as you however. The program was good and I'm glad they're getting rid of the housing option. My husband told me they partied more and he learned more about drinking more than anything about the business of running the park. ;)

Niwel
07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Of course, right as I finish my WDW college program, they bring back the one at Disneyland. I was hoping I could do mine there. Oh well.

PG -- you could do an advanced internship at DL... :) Since you've already done the program, you have a chance to really get a feeling for the company in an area you really like....

Courtney Anne
07-19-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't know about California, but in Florida we have a huge age range of CP participants. There's even a small group of 40+ year olds who are returning to school. So I doubt you would be out of place at all.

thanks - i will have to check it out...

VickiC
07-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Community college may be cheaper here but it takes a year to establish residency and get those cheap rates and in that year you are paying out-of-state tuition, defintiely not cheap!

mikala
07-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Is there any direct phone number to give to my lady at my college that handles internships, or do I need to apply online?

Thanks

Disney Vault
07-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Do them both :D

Pirate Girl
07-21-2005, 09:01 AM
PG -- you could do an advanced internship at DL... :) Since you've already done the program, you have a chance to really get a feeling for the company in an area you really like....

That was my original intention...and the only reason I did the program at WDW. But now I caught the magic kingdom bug. I'm going to become a permanent resident and work here full time while I finish school.

mikala
08-08-2005, 10:00 AM
We were recently dicussing how to get in on the Disneyland College Program, and now I can't find the thread. Can someone help?

Thanks

stan4d_steph
08-08-2005, 10:04 AM
We were recently dicussing how to get in on the Disneyland College Program, and now I can't find the thread. Can someone help?

ThanksJust do a search using keywords. The Search feature is at the top of the page in the dark yellow bar.

I merged your thread with the previous one.

mikala
08-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Your cool. Thanks.

mikala
08-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Well since I am in a private college in Las Vegas, I don't expect them to visit us here. Does anyone know where I can get this info for upcoming visits? I will travel to a specific school if I have to.

Thanks

ToursbabeC3po
08-09-2005, 12:30 PM
My husband was a participant and older than the average student but not as old as you however. The program was good and I'm glad they're getting rid of the housing option. My husband told me they partied more and he learned more about drinking more than anything about the business of running the park. ;)

That is not a housing thing that is a Disney cast member thing. LOL. Disney cast members love to party!!! When they had that mexican restrant across the the street on harbor we went there 2 or 3 times a week. If you worked at Disney you got 1.50 Margaritas!!!!! We had Taco Tuesdays, Weds, Thurs, and normally a house party on Friday. Disney is a place full of young people that like to enjoy themselves together outside the park!!! Sounds like you hubby had fun :)
toursbabe

elastin
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
hmm