PDA

View Full Version : Hey... Disneyland deserves a couple of new E rides!

Pages : [1] 2

fjhuerta
07-13-2005, 10:02 AM
I was just thinking... Space Mountain isn't new. Buzz Lightyear is great, but it's no E-ticket. What was the last great attraction? Indiana Jones? That was... 10 years ago, or so?

I think it's high time Disneyland got a new E-Ticket. I don't think Finding Nemo will be it - it may be a nice "D" attraction, but nothing more. I know the Rocket Rods were supposed to be one - look how things went.

Disneyland should have had an "E" ticket attraction for its Birthday! It's as if someone forgot to bring the gifts :(

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 10:07 AM
I was just thinking... Space Mountain isn't new. Buzz Lightyear is great, but it's no E-ticket. What was the last great attraction? Indiana Jones? That was... 10 years ago, or so?

I think it's high time Disneyland got a new E-Ticket. I don't think Finding Nemo will be it - it may be a nice "D" attraction, but nothing more. I know the Rocket Rods were supposed to be one - look how things went.

Disneyland should have had an "E" ticket attraction for its Birthday! It's as if someone forgot to bring the gifts :(

Problem is, they lack the money, and the room. Theres not much room inside the park to put a new attraction. And doing that requires replacing an existing one. And there isn't much room outside the berm to put another building for one, like Pirates, Haunted, & Indy. At least, IMO anyways.

Nowhereman
07-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Plus, I think corporate considers Space the E ticket Disneyland will get for a while... even though its not a "new" ride, im sure the millions of dollars will make the numbers look that way. But i do agree.... there needs to be a new ground breaking ride. From the looks of it, DCA might get it with the Cars ride.

fjhuerta
07-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Problem is, they lack the money, and the room. Theres not much room inside the park to put a new attraction. And doing that requires replacing an existing one. And there isn't much room outside the berm to put another building for one, like Pirates, Haunted, & Indy. At least, IMO anyways.

:(

I guess you are right. There are very few places I can think of where an attraction could be built. One of them is the space between Tomorrowland and Main Street - when you ride on the train, all you see is empty space (or offices)... not pretty.

Of course, they could always take the Pizza Port and turn it into an attraction again... :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 10:12 AM

I guess you are right. There are very few places I can think of where an attraction could be built. One of them is the space between Tomorrowland and Main Street - when you ride on the train, all you see is empty space (or offices)... not pretty.

Of course, they could always take the Pizza Port and turn it into an attraction again... :D

I've been back there. Those offices and structures are needed for CM's.

coronado_g
07-13-2005, 10:12 AM
I disagree with the opinion that "Space Mountain isn't new". The refurbished SM is an entirely new, improved ride! It ain't nothing like the old memories I had of her. I just went to Disneyland yesterday & rode it expecting to feel nostalgia. Nope...this one is an entirely different experience. The music, the feel, the smoothness of the track, the twists & turns - this is ride I do NOT remember from the past - and it's all good! I rode it twice in order to try and catch all the new stuff.

tbminnie
07-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Space is a problem. What attraction would you be willing to part with in order to get a new attraction? Do you remember the uproar when WDW took out Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and replaced it with Pooh? In case you are not familiar click here. http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/toad/

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 10:20 AM
I disagree with the opinion that "Space Mountain isn't new". The refurbished SM is an entirely new, improved ride! It ain't nothing like the old memories I had of her. I just went to Disneyland yesterday & rode it expecting to feel nostalgia. Nope...this one is an entirely different experience. The music, the feel, the smoothness of the track, the twists & turns - this is ride I do NOT remember from the past - and it's all good! I rode it twice in order to try and catch all the new stuff.

Got news for ya, but Space is the same. The track layout anyways. Sure it is smoother, the redid the que a little bit, digitalized the video & music, and removed that big red planet looking thing, but thats it. Still the same ride. They fixed up an old favorite.

coronado_g
07-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Got news for ya, but Space is the same. The track layout anyways. Sure it is smoother, the redid the que a little bit, digitalized the video & music, and removed that big red planet looking thing, but thats it. Still the same ride. They fixed up an old favorite.

I feel that the vast improvements qualify it to be considered a "new" ride.

HydroGuy
07-13-2005, 10:31 AM

Of course, they could always take the Pizza Port and turn it into an attraction again... :DWhat about back behind BTMRR? There is some kind of "ranch" or food area back there I have never understood. It does make a nice shortcut though from FantasyLand to FrontierLand/NOS during parades and such.

DL is doing fine, but I agree it would be nice if they could add something new. And big. It has been a long time.

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 10:32 AM
I feel that the vast improvements qualify it to be considered a "new" ride.

Ok, I get where you're coming from. Like the saying goes: Perception is in the eyes of the beholder. Technically, its not a new ride, but with all they have done to it and the experience it gives you, to you it is. ;) :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 10:38 AM
What about back behind BTMRR? There is some kind of "ranch" or food area back there I have never understood. It does make a nice shortcut though from FantasyLand to FrontierLand/NOS during parades and such.

DL is doing fine, but I agree it would be nice if they could add something new. And big. It has been a long time.

There is still the festivals arena back there, but only used for private parties. The restaurant still exists, even though it closed a long time ago. At one time, I thought they had this area closed off and under construction. And then another time, there was a massive group party going on there. And just like with the area between Space and Main Street, there is a lot of backstage structures in this area, including the firework cannons. I feel there isn't much room for a ride back here either. They are really running out of room, and still there is the issue of money. I don't know if anyone realizes this, but the Winnie the Pooh ride in Critter Country, was contained in the still existing Bear Country Jamboree structure. It was put inside the entire building. The beginning and ending of that ride is going down the walkways to and from the main theater.

fjhuerta
07-13-2005, 10:50 AM
There is still the festivals arena back there, but only used for private parties. The restaurant still exists, even though it closed a long time ago. At one time, I thought they had this area closed off and under construction. And then another time, there was a massive group party going on there. And just like with the area between Space and Main Street, there is a lot of backstage structures in this area, including the firework cannons. I feel there isn't much room for a ride back here either. They are really running out of room, and still there is the issue of money. I don't know if anyone realizes this, but the Winnie the Pooh ride in Critter Country, was contained in the still existing Bear Country Jamboree structure. It was put inside the entire building. The beginning and ending of that ride is going down the walkways to and from the main theater.

Wow.

Still... how much space can an attraction like Mission Space use? It's big, but I guess it'd fit inside Tomorrowland... and you could take out HistA and the Starcade and nobody would complain... so there's some extra space :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Wow.

Still... how much space can an attraction like Mission Space use? It's big, but I guess it'd fit inside Tomorrowland... and you could take out HistA and the Starcade and nobody would complain... so there's some extra space :D

There might be some. I don't know how big the ride is. I haven't been to Florida since 1990. And to me, that is an E ticket attraction that should be limited to one park, to attract guests from around the world. If it's strictly in Florida, then it will attract guests to that resort to see it.

tbminnie
07-13-2005, 11:00 AM
I think if Disneyland is going to add an attraction it would have to be an original. Not some copy of an attraction from another park. I woudn't rule out adding a ride I just don't know where. Maybe change Tom Sawyers Island to house an E-Ticket ride? They can connect the Island to New Orleans Square or Critter Country by bridge. :eek:

Disney Vault
07-13-2005, 11:45 AM
The new submarine ride is suppose to be an E-ticket. And that will be open in a couple years I believe.

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 11:46 AM
I think if Disneyland is going to add an attraction it would have to be an original. Not some copy of an attraction from another park. I woudn't rule out adding a ride I just don't know where. Maybe change Tom Sawyers Island to house an E-Ticket ride? They can connect the Island to New Orleans Square or Critter Country by bridge. :eek:

That would have to be a pretty high bridge. How would the Columbia and Mark Twain go around the island?

AZDisneyDan
07-13-2005, 12:24 PM
I think there is plenty of places where they can build. I thought they were out of room 10 years ago and then, bam, Indiana Jones was born....The area behind Thunder is a great waste of space and could house and e-ticket....they can dump Inoventions and use that building or space for something. There are many areas where new large attractions can go!!! Also, the money issue is unacceptable, it's Disney and they are raking it in!! Walt never used $$$ to limit his creative visions when it came to creating quality entertainment!! The return on investment would more than make up for the financial risk. I hope after they finish with Nemo they really consider a new and original e-ticket type attraction for Disneyland rather then focusing all their attention on fixing the mess across the street.

Disney Vault
07-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Disneyland has more E-tickets than any other disney theme park. I think it is fine if they keep updating (like what they did to the jungle cruise and hm) older rides and instead focus more and DCA.

tbminnie
07-13-2005, 12:30 PM
I forgot about those! :D I figured just the idea of messing with Tom Sawyers Island would not go over well.

That would have to be a pretty high bridge. How would the Columbia and Mark Twain go around the island?

fjhuerta
07-13-2005, 02:18 PM
So far, we have...

Honey, I shrunk the audience
Innoventions
The Rocket Rods station / old Astro-Orbitor
Starcade
Back of Big Thunder

Hmm.

Maybe instead of an e-ticket, they could fix Tomorrowland instead and give us a couple of great attractions.

Neon Cactus
07-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Another question is what type of attraction are you looking for? Disneyland is not going to get a big exciting roller coaster like Cedar Point. I wonder in this day and age if Pirates was new, would it be considered by many on the Disney boards to be an E ticket? I like the new Buzz ride, it might not be an E ticket but it's a fun attraction that I would definitely ride several times per day.

The reason I ask is that after the death on Mission: Space, there were a lot of questions asking if that ride really belonged in a Disney park. So if the ride is too thrilling, are there going to be a lot of objections about its purpose at Disneyland.

Also, when it comes to money, Walt may not have blinked at the cost of attractions, but Eisner and Iger have to answer to the stock price. Disney was publicly traded when Walt was there, too, but it's a little different when the company's founder is explaining why he's spending money than when Eisner or Iger have to do that.

AZDisneyDan
07-13-2005, 04:11 PM
The stock price will be fine if Disney improves the parks...attendance will follow (remember, if you build it, they will come....unless it's DCA of course) and the company will be profitable. As far as I'm concerned, Pirates today would be an e-ticket attraction...I'm not saying that have to put in some meaningless roller coaster for thrills, that's not what e-ticket means.....rather a ride which employs the wonderful creative themeing unique to Disney (i.e. Indiana Jones, Splash, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates). They have the resources to do it if they can just cut through the bureaucratic red tape and just get it done.

SCUBAbe
07-13-2005, 04:34 PM
yep, and where are they going to put them?

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 08:57 PM
I think there is plenty of places where they can build. I thought they were out of room 10 years ago and then, bam, Indiana Jones was born....The area behind Thunder is a great waste of space and could house and e-ticket....they can dump Inoventions and use that building or space for something. There are many areas where new large attractions can go!!! Also, the money issue is unacceptable, it's Disney and they are raking it in!! Walt never used $$$ to limit his creative visions when it came to creating quality entertainment!! The return on investment would more than make up for the financial risk. I hope after they finish with Nemo they really consider a new and original e-ticket type attraction for Disneyland rather then focusing all their attention on fixing the mess across the street.

Money not an issue? Maybe they are raking it in, but they are also losing money. DCA is losing money because it isn't attracting guests. Just like Disneyland Paris when it first started out. Not sure if it is still having problems or not.