PDA

View Full Version : AP Upgrade Question

katiesue
07-13-2005, 09:28 AM
If you're upgrading from a Deluxe to a Premium, and you have parking on the Deluxe, does that count toward your Premium or just the original Deluxe Pass amount?

Example - you paid $179 for the Deluxe plus Parking of $49 - so to upgrade to a Premium at $329 would you pay $150 or $101?

socaltexan02
07-13-2005, 09:32 AM
I would think you'd pay the $101...but that's not based on anything other than speculation. :)

Darkbeer
07-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes, you do get credit for the parking pass you paid for... so in the above example.. $101.

katiesue
07-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Yes, you do get credit for the parking pass you paid for... so in the above example.. $101.

Thank you - I thought so but couldn't find the info anywhere.

CTB21
07-13-2005, 12:43 PM
I have a deluxe AP I renewed 11/1/04, on July 3. I wanted to upgrade to a Premium AP, I had 4 months left on my pass, I wanted to catch up with my girlfriend who was in line waiting for the park to open at 8am, so I handed the cast member at guest relations out side the park my pass and credit card, he handed me the new pass and my credit card, but I saw they charged me $170 for a premium pass for 4 months, I thought it was a mistake because a new pass cost $329 for 12 months so the most it could cost was $110 for 4 months and thats getting no credit for the time left on my deluxe pass. I go over to the Bank of Main Street to correct the mistake, they say it's the right price, they tell me I payed $159.00 when a renewed my pass 8 months ago so $329 - $159= $170.00, so they charged me for a premium pass not only for the 4 months left but also the 8 months I never had a premium pass and when I asked for a lead to try to explain how they can charge me for a pass that I never had for 8 months, her attitude was too bad that's our policy. I asked for a refund she said im going to charge you for a black out admission, I told her I was going to leave as soon as I got my money back, she said you can leave or stay your still being charged $30. So if you plan on upgrading be prepaired to pay the full price retroactive to when you bought your pass.

hlbtimes2
07-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Did they change the expiration date, giving you a year from the new date you upgraded? I would check and see if thats maybe why they charged that much.

katiesue
07-13-2005, 01:14 PM
That is correct - if you upgrade your expiration date stays the same as what was on the original lower cost pass. It's does not extend your pass.

CTB21
07-13-2005, 01:59 PM
What they told me is if I upgraded my deluxe pass and it only had one day left it would still cost $170 for just that one day and the next day would be $329 to renew , so they were charging me $170 for the 12 blackout days on my deluxe pass, because my girlfriend has a premium pass already we never paid to park.What really bothered me is that when they were begging AP holders to add DCA to our DL AP's they had no problem prorating the time left on our passes.