PDA

View Full Version : CM Appreciation Certificate

BigAlH
07-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I saw on some site (mouseforless??) they had certificates you can print and give to CM's that do a good job. I wasn't really interested in handing out something with an ad on it though...

Has anyone done something like this? I know people talk about reporting good behavior at City Hall, but haven't thought of this before.

Also curious if you did give a CM a certificate, do they have a place to put it?

Thanks.

-al

SCUBAbe
07-12-2005, 05:01 PM
along the same line....how do I submit an e-mail or letter mailed to commend a CM?

SilverStyle
07-12-2005, 07:18 PM
LOL certificates thats funny. JUst go to city hall or guest rel and give one with the CM name and location. Managment see this and is displayed throughout the area. We get little coins for managment, that you can save up for prizes.

Tambour
07-12-2005, 10:12 PM
I really like http://www.whatwouldwaltdo.com/ I think they have a good little system.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-12-2005, 10:13 PM
along the same line....how do I submit an e-mail or letter mailed to commend a CM?

Just send it to Guest Relations.

TP2000
07-12-2005, 11:31 PM

Why don't you try the convenient and simple "Contact Us" feature on the official disneyland.com website?

ChipmunkStar
07-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Or, if you have a chance, tell the CM while you're still with them. While a piece of paper can tell upper management that you appreciate that CM's work, sometimes they won't even see it (I know of two guest compliments I've gotten from reading about them online, but I still haven't heard about them from my management).

Meanwhile, it gives teh CM a little extra boost if you tell them face to face what a great job you think they're doing. A nice older lady came through a few weeks ago and complimented my friend and I about how we were doing our "jobs." It really gave us just that extra push to keep on going. Had we been having a bad day, it probably would have been the one thing that may have kept us going. So please, commend CMs in person as well, you never know whose day you might make.

BigAlH
07-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks for this recommendation. I always try to "reward" people for doing a good job, especially dealing with customers. "Reward" typically is just telling them I appreciate it or something along those lines.

Now the trick for me will be to remember names and places to tell City Hall as well. Perhaps I'm a bit optimisitic, but with my active/excited son being confined to a wheelchair this year I'm hoping we'll have some nice CMs help us. If so, I want to make sure I let City Hall know.

Thanks again. Hope to see you at the park!

-al

Or, if you have a chance, tell the CM while you're still with them. While a piece of paper can tell upper management that you appreciate that CM's work, sometimes they won't even see it (I know of two guest compliments I've gotten from reading about them online, but I still haven't heard about them from my management).

Meanwhile, it gives teh CM a little extra boost if you tell them face to face what a great job you think they're doing. A nice older lady came through a few weeks ago and complimented my friend and I about how we were doing our "jobs." It really gave us just that extra push to keep on going. Had we been having a bad day, it probably would have been the one thing that may have kept us going. So please, commend CMs in person as well, you never know whose day you might make.

crazi4dlr
07-13-2005, 09:47 AM
We can always "reward" the CM's the way that customers have been doing it for years....give them a monetary tip. And all the CM's said "Yeah!!!" Hey why not? And if you give them a dollar or more they have to sing for you like at Cold Stone Creamery. Yeah that's the way to show our appreciation and I'm sure it helps with the college fund too. Just don't let management know, if they don't even tell the CM's when they get a favorable comment, you know they're gonna want a cut of the action. :p Okay, Okay I'm just kidding

SilverStyle
07-13-2005, 10:16 AM
We can always "reward" the CM's the way that customers have been doing it for years....give them a monetary tip. And all the CM's said "Yeah!!!" Hey why not? And if you give them a dollar or more they have to sing for you like at Cold Stone Creamery. Yeah that's the way to show our appreciation and I'm sure it helps with the college fund too. Just don't let management know, if they don't even tell the CM's when they get a favorable comment, you know they're gonna want a cut of the action. :p Okay, Okay I'm just kidding

We cant accept tips for any reason. It's something prob to get termed over for. I would rather have a guest compliment then a couple of bucks. That way it look good on record.

Esmerelda
07-13-2005, 11:48 AM
I feel like it puts us in a pretty awkward situation when we are offered money. Like SilverStyle said, we are not allowed to accept tips, but guest compliments (especially the ones that are turned in at City Hall!) are treated like gold!

crazi4dlr
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
I said I was kidding and even made reference to the Cold Stone singing as part of the joke. Guess this is not a humorous thread. :rolleyes:

ChipmunkStar
07-13-2005, 02:09 PM
I totally loved the joke. Fact is, you CAN accept tips, but there are little loopholes to jump through. If you are a server at a sit down restaurant, you may accept tips (of course, since the party is usually gone before you get it, you can't really turn it away).

If you are anyone other than a server, if a tip is offered to you, you must deny it THREE TIMES. If the guest is still insistent on tipping you, you may then accept it. If it is larger than something like $10, you must report it to your manager (or City Hall, I forget who), and if it is not claimed within 30 days, it's your to keep.

The End.

Tambour
07-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Just throw them some peanuts... they love that.

Or give them a little scratch behind the ears.

SCUBAbe
07-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Why don't you try the convenient and simple "Contact Us" feature on the official disneyland.com website?

yeah, I thouight that was only for general questions about the website, but thank you for pointing that out.

SCUBAbe
07-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Or, if you have a chance, tell the CM while you're still with them.

the cm knows hoe much appreciated her efforts, but at my7 job all the thak you's in the world delivered to me personally are great, but un;ess they get to my manager I don't get reconigzed for it. :)