PDA

View Full Version : New E ticket in DCA (Unconfirmed)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Disney Vault
07-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Did anyone read the update at miceage?
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al071205a.htm

On the second page Al talks about a new E ticket for DCA they have planned. It will be based of of the Pixar movie cars and use technology from test track. It sounds like a lot of fun but there aren't many details.

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Did anyone read the update at miceage?
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al071205a.htm

On the second page Al talks about a new E ticket for DCA they have planned. It will be based of of the Pixar movie cars and use technology from test track. It sounds like a lot of fun but there aren't many details.

Yeah, and they're planning on moving Dland xmas parade over to DCA.

OH THEY SURE BETTER NOT!!!! :mad:

Not to mention getting rid of Animation. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is right though. Soarin, Screamin, GRR, and TOT ARE NOT going to be able to help keep this park alive on their own. They need help. Like I said from the beginning in 2001, they need better rides. Oust madness, zephyr, and jellyfish, and bring in better ones.

Andrew
07-12-2005, 03:26 PM
There's a special magic at DCA this year,
Hearts are kind of bored, but at least we can buy beer!
The "spirits" of the season will make your dreams come true
Memories of Christmas may be tempered by the brew?

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 03:33 PM
There's a special magic at DCA this year,
Hearts are kind of bored, but at least we can buy beer!
The "spirits" of the season will make your dreams come true
Memories of Christmas may be tempered by the brew?

LOL!

jrad32
07-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Animation isn't going anywhere according to the story. They are tweaking it.

Bring on the new cars ride and get rid of Golden Dreams

BigAlH
07-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Soarin, Screamin, GRR, and TOT ARE NOT going to be able to help keep this park alive on their own. They need help. Like I said from the beginning in 2001, they need better rides. Oust madness, zephyr, and jellyfish, and bring in better ones.

They really need to kill (or severely temper) the music being blasted all over the place. It was interesting but after a few visits to DCA (seperate years) I noticed that for some reason the kids, and to some extent us as well, were getting really cranky. After sitting a while waiting for my kids ride some rides I realized that it was the non-stop, carnival version of California music that was doing it. It gets to be WAY too much after a while. The CA theme is fine and all (but a tad boring for us native Californians) but leave the music to the entrance and remove it from the back part of the park.

-al

Doug
07-12-2005, 04:35 PM
What?! NO WAY! Do not tell me they are getting ride of the animation building! That is the best place to relax! I could lay on the floor in the middle of the room and fall asleep, it's so nice and peacefull in there!

OH THEY SURE BETTER NOT!!!! :mad:

Not to mention getting rid of Animation. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is right though. Soarin, Screamin, GRR, and TOT ARE NOT going to be able to help keep this park alive on their own. They need help. Like I said from the beginning in 2001, they need better rides. Oust madness, zephyr, and jellyfish, and bring in better ones.

Doug
07-12-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree...

They really need to kill (or severely temper) the music being blasted all over the place. It was interesting but after a few visits to DCA (seperate years) I noticed that for some reason the kids, and to some extent us as well, were getting really cranky. After sitting a while waiting for my kids ride some rides I realized that it was the non-stop, carnival version of California music that was doing it. It gets to be WAY too much after a while. The CA theme is fine and all (but a tad boring for us native Californians) but leave the music to the entrance and remove it from the back part of the park.

-al

Disney Vault
07-12-2005, 05:16 PM
What?! NO WAY! Do not tell me they are getting ride of the animation building! That is the best place to relax! I could lay on the floor in the middle of the room and fall asleep, it's so nice and peacefull in there!
They aren't getting rid of it. The article says they are going to change the facade (which I love the way it is right now) and add an drawing activity. Am I the only one who thinks the animation building is actually one of the coolest buildings in DCA though. I love the looks of the outside.

Disney Vault
07-12-2005, 05:17 PM

It's only for one year so I don't see anything wrong with it.

mkcbunny
07-12-2005, 06:04 PM

-al
I agree, too. It's so loud. Tone down the volume in the front. And turn down the voume on Screamin. I like the trattoria area because it's quiet. Theme music is fine, but it needs to be background, not t aking over your mind.

Agreed on loving the Animation area. So restful and pretty. And cool!

Opus1guy
07-12-2005, 07:11 PM
I think the overuse of the music is intentional. To give a false sense of excitement where there is none.

SilverStyle
07-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Actually there is going to be 2 E-tix attractions coming. And D attraction. Animation is going no where.

McKmouse
07-12-2005, 07:46 PM
The new ride from Pixar movie at DCa is going to be Monsters, Inc dark ride. No doors, just cars.

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 08:12 PM
One, the xmas parade wouldn't fit over in DCA. And two, the article said this: But now TDA is throwing in the towel on the Animation attraction in its current form, and they are willing to spend a bigger chunk of cash to rethink the concept.

Mark Mywords
07-12-2005, 09:35 PM
I think the overuse of the music is intentional. To give a false sense of excitement where there is none.

:D

I think what's most irritating is that the park's music seems like the same 8 songs over and over again...

olegc
07-12-2005, 09:43 PM
So - does this mean that the rumored Cars overlay to the Autopia is now history? I noticed in the story that this was not even mentioned. Oh yeah, Al placed that one on his "bank on it" list too... you'd think that would have been brought up.

for now - Everyone should consider everything a rumor (and not confirmed) until more than one source verifies it. If it's true - then whoever said it first can claim to be correct.

SilverStyle
07-12-2005, 11:23 PM
yep

Disney Vault
07-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Actually there is going to be 2 E-tix attractions coming. And D attraction. Animation is going no where.
Where are you getting you information? :confused:

Disney Vault
07-13-2005, 12:01 AM
One, the xmas parade wouldn't fit over in DCA.
Actually that will be happening for sure.

And I would like to say I know a lot of people don't believe anything all writes but I wanted to add that hints about this same thing were given by Marcie (some one who works for Disney) and she has been extremely reliable.

PragmaticIdealist
07-13-2005, 03:33 AM
"Golden Dreams" is one of the few, true Disney-style attractions in D.C.A. The show helps to justify the existence of the park.

The only criticisms I have of the attraction are: the death of the Chinese laborers needs to be depicted on-screen; the identity of Queen Califia needs to be made clearer to the uninitiated; and, the exterior and pre-show areas need to be more elaborate and provide seating, air-conditioning, and entertainment.

Originally, the film showed the explosion that kills the laborers, and the dramatic power of the scene added resonance to the whole experience. Additionally, most guests fail to realize that Queen Califia is the black goddess ruler of the mythical island paradise from which California takes its name. Califia is immortal, and she was an invention of a 15th Century Spanish novel named, "The Exploits of Esplandian."

Most people have no idea the attraction even exists because it hardly stands-out. The signage is almost non-existent, and there are no kinetics to the building. Additionally, The Company needs to make clearer to guests that the presentation begins every half-hour on the hour. A countdown-clock outside would help. Circle-Vision 360 had one, and its presentations began every twenty minutes.

fjhuerta
07-13-2005, 05:08 AM

-al

AGREED. My main gripe about DCA is that it's noisy and uncomfortable. I wanted to bolt out of there after a couple of hours - I couldn't stand the noise.

Pat-n-Eil
07-13-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm a big fan of DCA, but I do find the music annoying in some areas. I have not determined if it is more the musical selections or just the sheer volume of it. It seems that Paradise Pier and the area near the entrance by the Burrrbank Ice Cream train are the two that bug me the most.

On the other hand, I really like the feel of Condor Flats and the Grizzly River Run area.. and the Wine Country Trattoria area..

Opus1guy
07-13-2005, 10:00 AM
"Golden Dreams" is one of the few, true Disney-style attractions in D.C.A. The show helps to justify the existence of the park.

The only criticisms I have of the attraction are: the death of the Chinese laborers needs to be depicted on-screen; the identity of Queen Califia needs to be made clearer to the uninitiated; and, the exterior and pre-show areas need to be more elaborate and provide seating, air-conditioning, and entertainment.

Originally, the film showed the explosion that kills the laborers, and the dramatic power of the scene added resonance to the whole experience. Additionally, most guests fail to realize that Queen Califia is the black goddess ruler of the mythical island paradise from which California takes its name. Califia is immortal, and she was an invention of a 15th Century Spanish novel named, "The Exploits of Esplandian."

Most people have no idea the attraction even exists because it hardly stands-out. The signage is almost non-existent, and there are no kinetics to the building. Additionally, The Company needs to make clearer to guests that the presentation begins every half-hour on the hour. A countdown-clock outside would help. Circle-Vision 360 had one, and its presentations began every twenty minutes.

A truly excellent post, observations and opinions. Ones I agree with 110%. :)

phoenixfire2k5
07-13-2005, 10:03 AM
A truly excellent post, observations and opinions. Ones I agree with 110%. :)

SShhhH!!! You'll feed his ego!

And you'll make him mad because you're not arguing with him. :p