PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant for Fantasmic!

kimc0486
07-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I was first thinking of doing the reserved balcony seating for Fantasmic but decided its too expensive. I've heard of the idea of making reservations for dinner (late dinner) at a restaurant near Rivers of America to watch Fantasmic from your seats. First, is this a good idea? I've seen it before, twice, my boyfriend hasn't been since he was 3 and hes never seen it so can you see it from the restaurants? If so which one would be good? Last, does anyone know how late those sit down restaurants are open till? Thanks!

Dexter
07-12-2005, 01:55 PM
<snip>... can you see it from the restaurants? If so which one would be good? Last, does anyone know how late those sit down restaurants are open till? Thanks!

I know that you can see part of the show from French Market, but not much of it because there's a crowd in front of you. I think Riverbelle terrace has a decent unobstructed view of the RoA, but am not sure how much you can\can't see because I haven't eaten there lately. The last restaraunt is Cafe Orleans and I really don't care for the food there so I don't eat there. Position wise it's kind of tucked in the back behind a planter as I recall and doubt you'd be able to see anything from the people standing around to watch the show.

All three restaraunts are cafeteria style, they don't accept priority reservations. My recommendation is to definately go with either the Gallery Buffet or the "premium" viewing area near the Haunted Mansion if seats are available cause that's one of the best ways to experience Fantasmic IMHO.

BTW, you can call (714) 781-4400 to make reservations for the dessert buffet 30 days prior to your visit to the resort. Hope that helps.

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 02:02 PM
I know that you can see part of the show from French Market, but not much of it because there's a crowd in front of you. I think Riverbelle terrace has a decent unobstructed view of the RoA, but am not sure how much you can\can't see because I haven't eaten there lately. The last restaraunt is Cafe Orleans and I really don't care for the food there so I don't eat there. Position wise it's kind of tucked in the back behind a planter as I recall and doubt you'd be able to see anything from the people standing around to watch the show.

All three restaraunts are cafeteria style, they don't accept priority reservations. My recommendation is to definately go with either the Gallery Buffet or the "premium" viewing area near the Haunted Mansion if seats are available cause that's one of the best ways to experience Fantasmic IMHO.

BTW, you can call (714) 781-4400 to make reservations for the dessert buffet 30 days prior to your visit to the resort. Hope that helps.

The belle is about the best place to see it. But as with any of the restaurants, you will have people standing in front of you, as well as cross traffic.

kimc0486
07-12-2005, 02:12 PM
The belle is about the best place to see it. But as with any of the restaurants, you will have people standing in front of you, as well as cross traffic.

Ok thanks. Is there a price difference between the balcony and HM seating? I saw $53 on here for the balcony.

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Ok thanks. Is there a price difference between the balcony and HM seating? I saw $53 on here for the balcony.

Not sure, but the balcony seats you have to get way in advance. The other seats, are not necessarily close to the HM. They're actually near the end of the bridge (the one that goes over the entrance to Pirates), on the New Orleans Square end. They're right near the central Fantasmic control tower that rises from underground. These both are probably ones you have to buy well in advance. IMO, a good spot to view where you won't get wet, but has many other advantages, is between the 2nd & 3rd lightposts on the bridge.

jrad32
07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
The late show is much less crowded from what I read.

Malcon10t
07-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Ok thanks. Is there a price difference between the balcony and HM seating? I saw $53 on here for the balcony.Both are the same price. Children do get a discount at the Riverfront area. ($46) I prefer the riverfront area.

Shortiemetoo
07-12-2005, 04:46 PM
This takes planning and patience...you get to riverbelle terrace about 6 p.m. and stake out your table as you eat dinner...That way you can get one right at the railing. Then you stay...and hold your table and wait for fantasmic. We did that in Jan. on a Sat. night...CM's said "no problem" everyone does it but you have to move after the first showing is over.
We had a great view...there were people in front of us...but the terrace is high and we could see just fine!!! Just get there early and stay put...You need dinner anyway so this is a good deal in my opinion!! ;)