PDA

View Full Version : Wheelchair Area for Fireworks / Parades

BigAlH
07-12-2005, 12:13 PM
I'd like some tips for the best (or only?) locations for viewing the fireworks and parades. My 11-year old son will be a wheelchair next week so I'd like to plan ahead.

Is there a problem with the remaining 3 family members sitting with him? Any idea of how early we should arrive -- is it worse/better than regular areas? Do they fill up?

Thanks!

-al

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 12:16 PM
I'd like some tips for the best (or only?) locations for viewing the fireworks and parades. My 11-year old son will be a wheelchair next week so I'd like to plan ahead.

Is there a problem with the remaining 3 family members sitting with him? Any idea of how early we should arrive -- is it worse/better than regular areas? Do they fill up?

Thanks!

-al

There is a wheelchair viewing area for the parade outside the Photo store on the end of Main Street towards the center of the park. Unfortunately, as described in an article about the viewing areas for the fireworks, this isn't one of the best areas to view the fireworks from. The view is obstructed. Best to move towards the center after the parade is over. There might be other wheelchair areas other than this though. One I know for sure is up on Small World Avenue.

If you park the chair right alongside the rope in the viewing area, you should have no problem sitting next to it curbside. But you might want to arrive early, depending on what parade you want to see.