PDA

View Full Version : Identifying myself at DL

Pages : [1] 2

MrsPooh
07-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Ok, so we are going to DL in the next couple of weeks, and I can hardly wait. I know that there are people here who would like to meet up with us, however we will have family with us that we have to take around DL so I wouldn't be able to meet up with anyone to hang out.

I would like to identify myself in some way so that if some other padder sees me they can at least say "Hi, nice to meet you!" Anyone have any ideas?

I don't want to have a specific shirt or anything like that because I want to be able to change clothes (we go through about 2 outfits a day!) I thought of a button that simply says, "Mrs. Pooh" on it, but where can you have one made?

I am not a hat person, I hate hat hair. That idea is out.

I know I want to see Captain Josh on the train. I have to tease him because he once said he owed me a piece of pie! ;)

I also don't want to specifically post travel plans for safety sake. Any ideas?

Andrew
07-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Wear a MousePlanet/MousePad button. If you don't have one, you can pick one up--assuming we have some, which is pretty safe--at the July 17th meet (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=44718).

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok, so we are going to DL in the next couple of weeks, and I can hardly wait. I know that there are people here who would like to meet up with us, however we will have family with us that we have to take around DL so I wouldn't be able to meet up with anyone to hang out.

I would like to identify myself in some way so that if some other padder sees me they can at least say "Hi, nice to meet you!" Anyone have any ideas?

I don't want to have a specific shirt or anything like that because I want to be able to change clothes (we go through about 2 outfits a day!) I thought of a button that simply says, "Mrs. Pooh" on it, but where can you have one made?

I am not a hat person, I hate hat hair. That idea is out.

I know I want to see Captain Josh on the train. I have to tease him because he once said he owed me a piece of pie! ;)

I also don't want to specifically post travel plans for safety sake. Any ideas?

Too bad we all couldn't have one of those big buttons that says "Im a mouse padder!" :D :p

MrsPooh
07-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Wear a MousePlanet/MousePad button. If you don't have one, you can pick one up--assuming we have some, which is pretty safe--at the July 17th meet (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=44718).

I won't be there on the 17th. Want to mail me one? ;) Just kidding!

MrsPooh
07-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Maybe I can get one of those lame stickers that say:

"Hello, my name is Mrs. Pooh!" :rolleyes: :geek:

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 11:55 AM
ROTFL!!! I didn't see that post. So yeah, THEY DO have some. LOL! I am such a blonde.

BigAlH
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
For those not able to get there on the 17th to get a button, any chance of posting the graphic for it? I'm sure people can get a button made of it -- or worst case just laminate it and pin it on!

-al

p.s. I'll _TRY_ to get to the 17th gathering, but it's hard to say with the wife and 2 kids with me (who have no interest whatsoever in any of this - sorry :) )

Hakuna Makarla
07-12-2005, 12:06 PM
mrs pooh, if you go to any suply place you can find a make it your self button, or even one at walmart. I have seen them. :)

MrsPooh
07-12-2005, 01:16 PM
mrs pooh, if you go to any suply place you can find a make it your self button, or even one at walmart. I have seen them. :)

I've never seen those! I'll have to check it out!

Lani
07-12-2005, 01:25 PM
I've never seen those! I'll have to check it out!Michael's (the hobby store) sells them.

MrsPooh
07-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Michael's (the hobby store) sells them.

Oh thanks, Lani! I have a Michaels near my work! That will do! ;)

heather
07-12-2005, 02:04 PM
I would love to meet some of you Disney fanatics like myself... but I dunno how to identify myself either. Just look for a crazy blonde 18 year old girl who is yelling at her family cause they arn't walking fast enough..it just may be me. haha

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I would love to meet some of you Disney fanatics like myself... but I dunno how to identify myself either. Just look for a crazy blonde 18 year old girl who is yelling at her family cause they arn't walking fast enough..it just may be me. haha

Accoring to the colored header on the main page, I plan on dropping by the Hungry Bear to introduce myself and visit with other MP staff/members. It'll be interesting and fun. Maybe then I can get my button.

heather
07-12-2005, 03:01 PM
yes, I am going to try to stop by there, it would be fun.

Lani
07-12-2005, 03:39 PM
If you're going to be in the park on the 17th, do definitely stop by! We can sing a rousing rendition of whatever Happy Birthday song people wanna sing. :D

shawnarae
07-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Too bad Mouseplanet does not have a photo page. Of everyone with their screen name & picture. I remember a year or so back a padder from Australia started one, but I think it is gone now.

Last weekend I saw many "Disney Obsessed" people who I swear where padders. But I did not want to go up and be like "hey..." and then them not be. On Pirates about 10pm on Friday July 8th there was a couple in front of me that was singing every last word of the attraction's theme song. Even some of the speaking parts this man was saying word for word with the pirate accent. They were in the front row of the boat (in case it was any of you....). And I wondered through THE WHOLE RIDE if it was anyone from here.

Does anyone wear the FEZ hats anymore? I looked for anyone with that on all weekend. I saw no one..........

disneyperson
07-12-2005, 04:22 PM
When will you be there? We'll be there again starting on August 28.

sdfilmcritic
07-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Things I learned from the Lonely Hearts threads about identifying yourself at DLR.

-- Don't wear a Dr Pepper hat because people may get confused and thought you wore a Mr Pibb hat.

-- Don't claim to be a Donald Duck impersonator because people may think you're a weirdo for running around Disneyland with no pants on.

-- If you happen to recognize a fellow padder from the several pictures they've posted on MP you might want to approach them becuase they may not know what you look like.

shawnarae
07-12-2005, 05:02 PM
I will be back 1st weekend of October....Fri night-Sun. I'll think of something to identify myself. Or I guess I need a MP pin.....

experiment626
07-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Now that it has been said that they are going to allow "us" to be in DCA while we wait for DL to open in the am opn 7/17,m I have a question...once in DCA will we be able to wonder around or will we be stuck in one area (like Hollywood Backlot).

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Now that it has been said that they are going to allow "us" to be in DCA while we wait for DL to open in the am opn 7/17,m I have a question...once in DCA will we be able to wonder around or will we be stuck in one area (like Hollywood Backlot).

No, I think it'll be more controlled than that. Like Dland had one when DCA first opened, DCA will be forming a big line inside the park, more than likely along the parade route. I'm pretty sure they won't be letting people wander around the park.

heather
07-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Too bad Mouseplanet does not have a photo page. Of everyone with their screen name & picture. I remember a year or so back a padder from Australia started one, but I think it is gone now.

That would actually be a really good idea... *hint hint* hehe

shawnarae
07-13-2005, 07:27 AM
I agree

Captain Josh
07-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Hey, I'll get you pie, but I won't do it on the clock.

Also, it's much more likely you'll run into me out setting up for parades then on trains.

heck, here's how to find me, about an hour before a given parade, be in Town Square (where city hall and the opera house is) and ask around for Josh.

MammaSilva
07-13-2005, 07:52 AM
commenting on a few things:

Fez hats were from a kick butt MA team several MA's ago....resulting in this :fez: as a 'cool' emoticon....

The MP photo page was done by our very own Lashbear aka Rob from Down Under, I'm not sure what is going on with my favorite bear but he's been MIA/AFK for much too long all across the assorted Disney sites he hangs out on and I miss him.

As for approaching someone and asking if they hang out on the pad, what's the worst that can happen? They look at you like you're an internet weirdo and say MouseWHAT? and move on....even if they ARE padders you might get that *coughRSTARcough* LOL....

Those of us that do have MP buttons, just note that they are about the size of a quarter so unless you have really sharp eyesite you might miss them even if they are wearing their MP button... I tend to forget mine at home and 8 hours is a LONG drive so it's not like I'm going to turn back and retrieve it :)

Using avatars to pick folks out works unless it's 3894 whom to my knowledge has never posted a picture of herself on any location on the pad, not even in a meet thread.. and I know from talking to other MP'ers that she in fact does exsist :)

Edited to add.....our very own Josh has to be one of the easiest most approachable padders out there on a daily basis, I got to meet him at one of the potlucks then this past spring while just sitting in Tommorrowland I noticed he was walking by so I said hello ....we got to visit for a few minutes then he went on his way and my party came out of Buzz and we went on ours... it's always nice to connect with other padders :)