PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report- Sat, July 9 (Very long)

CookieBandit
07-12-2005, 08:53 AM
We got to the front gate at 8:13am. There were lots of people in line to buy tickets (luckily, we already had ours). Bag check - I was carrying a small bag so I just unzipped the main compartment, the lady looked inside and waved me through. My sister had a backpack (w/ a Winnie the Pooh on it) and the lady made her open some of the compartments (but strangely, not the two bigger compartments). She also asked my sis to open the camera bag (which is only big enough to hold a camera and a spare digital card).

We rode Matterhorn first (wait time listed was 40 minutes, but we waited only 3 minutes) and then we went on Small World - twice. No wait either times. We wanted to go to New Orleans Square next (for POTC, HM and Splash) but couldn't find our way out of Fantasyland and ended up in Toontown. Rode Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin (5 min wait) & Gadget Go Coaster (9 min wait).

So then we took the DL train to Tomorrowland and rode Autopia (30 minute wait), King Arthur's Carousel (6 min wait, CM has to say "stop thumping the horses" twice during the ride), Big Thunder (10 minute wait), Pirates and Haunted Mansion (each about 15 minute wait). As we exited HM, we ended up right at Splash Mountain which had a 90 minute wait (I think), so we got Fast Passes (return time was 5:20pm). It was about 12:15 at the time.

So then we went on Winnie the Pooh (no wait), stopped to rest our feet and eat food that we brought from home, and then rode the Mark Twain River boat. Then we got in line for the Tea Cups. We waited in line for 22 minutes. And then as the group before ours was exiting the ride, a boy dropped something and it got lodged under a tea cup. So we had to wait 7 more minutes for another CM to come and fish the item out. (The CM operating the ride said that it might take 10 to 15 minutes to fix the problem and we may want to come back in the afternoon, but no one got out of line).

As we headed for the tea cups to board, a chubby boy (maybe 10) shoved my mom to get past her. Now, this kid already tried to cut in front of us in the line (back when we first got in line). So I got between my mom and him and told him sternly "don't ever push someone like that again", or something like that. I don't remember. The boy backed off.

Then we rode the Monorail (seeing the old Submarine Lagoon is kind of creepy) and headed to Main Street to see the 50th Anniversary exhibit. Very nice. And the place was air-conditioned and my parents could rest their feet. The film was just starting as we left.

So then we headed to City Hall to get the free Happy Birthday stickers, even though it wasn't any of our b-days (my sister's is the closest, the end of June). But she didn't want to ask for one and went to the gift store instead. So here's how the conversation went:

CM- What can I help you with?
Me- We were wondering if we could get Happy Birthday Stickers?
CM- Sure. *pulls out stack of stickers* Who's birthday is it?
Me- Um, no one's.
CM- No one's?
Me- Well, we just want to get them for the future? In case we don't come back before our birthdays?
CM- O...k...a...y... (Pulls out pen and starts to write the names as I recite them).

I thanked her and we went off to Adventureland. Jungle Cruise was an 8 minute wait, Indiana Jones was a 44 minute wait (although the sign said 75 minutes). A lot of people had FPs.

Space Moutain was closed in the morning and when we went by in the afternoon, the wait was 90 minutes so we passed on that. We still had plenty of time before our Splash Mountain time so we sat in the resting/eating area under the Hungry Bear Restaurant. Some kid was feeding french fries to the ducks in the river (some had ketchup on them. the french fries, not the ducks).

We go back to Splash and wait for the clock to turn 5:20pm. Some lady offers us a FP for Splash (she didn't want to ride) - we don't take it which was stupid of us. The standby wait time for Splash is 2 hours and they aren't distributing any more FPs. My sister sits in the front, I'm in the 2nd slot and we get soaked (her more than me).

Then we go on the Pinocchio ride (Snow White, Peter Pan, and Mr. Toad's all still have a ton of people), the Carousel again, Astro Orbitors (~10 min wait). Then we watch the parade (I get a spot standing on the planter things to take pictures).

Headed back to Rivers of America for Fantasmic. We ended up sitting on some steps that they cordoned off (near HM). The show was nice (we've never seen it before) and the fireworks show afterwards was also great (though my mom kept asking if it was over yet).

As we were leaving the park (well, being shuffled about like cattle), we passed by POTC and HM - no lines at all.

We saw a bunch of characters - from Alice in Wonderland (Queen of Hearts, Tweedledum or 'dee, Mad Hatter, Alice), Timon from the Lion King, Lilo & Stitch, Mulan, Princess Aurora, Belle, Snow White, Goofy and Pluto (again, near Main Street), and the Bear for the Jungle Book. Also saw Mickey (after signing one autograph, he headed off, probably on his break) and the Queen from Snow White (someone wanted her autograph but she headed off elsewhere). We also saw Tigger posing for pictures near the Pooh ride, and then he left (the handler told the people waiting in line that Tigger would be back) - and he came back out w/ Pooh (they were holding hands). Eeyore was also there. And I saw a penguin (twice). And of course, there's a bunch of characters in the parades.

We had a lot of fun... the crowds weren't too bad and the wait times were reasonable (Indiana Jones was the longest but even that wasn't as long as we thought it would be). We could have gotten another FP at 2:30pm (since our return time for FP was so much later), but we're just not used to the concept yet (it's the 1st time we've used them). Someone on this board suggested buying the little Disney-themed beads or charms (you can buy a bunch of them and the string and/or keychain thing to make your own creation) - great idea. I bought 3 beads (the sorcerer's hat, Mickey's paw, and a tea cup). They were adorable and cost just $2.75 (including tax). I was a little surprised that they weren't plastic (I think they're ceramic or something). And we got pressed pennies (the one for 1998?, Mickey's Toontown, didn't come out well, barely recognizeable). Could we have asked a CM for a refund? I know it's just 51 cents but we didn't want to risk another 51 cents to try it again.

I have some pictures over at my moblog - alphabeta.textamerica.com (http://alphabeta.textamerica.com). I took about 350 on my camera (which was running out of batteries and memory) and some on my sisters (maybe 50?).

Shortiemetoo
07-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Wow...great trip report!! You got a lot done and ty for the link to your pictures! I'm so glad you all had such a great time!!

shawnarae
07-12-2005, 09:30 AM
I was there too on Sat and the lines were almost nonexistant for us. From our early entry at 7am-11am we did Dumbo, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Roger Rabbit Toonspin, Gadgets Go, Haunted Mansion, 2 times on Splash, 2 times on Small World, Rockets, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, 2 times on Pirates, & Jungle Cruise. It was AWESOME :) Jungle cruise was our only wait, I'd say 5-7 minutes max....then we headed to DCA at 11am.

Sunday was soooo crowded though, wow! A cast member said some APs were unblocked for Sunday. We only stayed 8am-10am, then headed to DCA.

PennyLane
07-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I was there too on Sat and the lines were almost nonexistant for us. From our early entry at 7am-11am we did Dumbo, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Roger Rabbit Toonspin, Gadgets Go, Haunted Mansion, 2 times on Splash, 2 times on Small World, Rockets, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Teacups, Winnie the Pooh, 2 times on Pirates, & Jungle Cruise. It was AWESOME :) Jungle cruise was our only wait, I'd say 5-7 minutes max....then we headed to DCA at 11am.

Sunday was soooo crowded though, wow! A cast member said some APs were unblocked for Sunday. We only stayed 8am-10am, then headed to DCA.

But- did you finally get to go on Indiana Jones? :p

shawnarae
07-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Oh my...you remember that thread last week. WELL, I went straight there on Saturday after EE and it was down. I got a Fastpass and never went back to use the pass. I know. Still have not been on it. I hope to go back 1st weekend of Oct and will for sure do it. My son was NOT HAPPY we missed it. He went with his grandpa last August and loved it.

How funny you remember that thread......I guess I told a FIB when I said I'd do it! I tried though. That should count. Lots of unhappy people when the cast members were telling people to come back or get Fastpasses. Jungle Cruise's line became long in the matter of minutes. Not sure what happened, or if it was something that got fixed quick.

I did not do Tiki Room either. Still on my list. Along with Autopia, the Casey Train & Storybook Cruise............October :)

SCUBAbe
07-12-2005, 04:53 PM
I was ther on saturday and sunday. We didn't ride anything until after 6:30pm on saturday. We got a FP for splash at 2:00pm and the return time was 10:35pm. We did the quests went to the hotel went back to the park, rode space, watched fireworks, watched fantasmic, rode splash, BTMR, POTC...the alst two just to get out of the crowds..LOL...went back on space ..left the park at 12:15am..:)

on sunday we went on buzz, got FP for indy and then all the other rides we went on were part of the tour, but BTMR only had a 15 min wait around 2:30pm..:)

we had a really nice and relaxing trip. Tomorrowland is feeling alive again..:)

to me saturday seemed way busier than sunday and this is the first trip we didn't go into DCA. We were going to do dca on sunday, btu we did the tour that day..then we left the park around 5:30pm to go home..:)

Skunker
07-12-2005, 05:01 PM
May I ask where you got the beads? They sound cute!

shawnarae
07-12-2005, 06:22 PM
I am curious about the beads too. And charms. That would be a cute bracelet to make if they are cute.....let us know details on beads & charms please :)

I may browse Ebay to see if anyone got creative with them & made bracelets to sell.......

SCUBAbe
07-12-2005, 06:48 PM
I am curious about the beads too. And charms. That would be a cute bracelet to make if they are cute.....let us know details on beads & charms please :)

I may browse Ebay to see if anyone got creative with them & made bracelets to sell.......

they are all over both parks. they are ceramic alphabets and characters. they can be strunf on a necklace or keychain. they have them in the WOD too.:)

CookieBandit
07-13-2005, 10:37 AM
I got the beads/charms at the store in Tomorrowland (near Space Mountain). When we first went in the store, my sister bought a couple of souvenirs (a charm for $4?, and a silicone bracelet w/ Mouse ears imprinted for $2) - I saw the beads but didn't buy them. Then we left Tomorrowland and though we stopped in a few more stores (on Main Street, Fantasyland, Adventureland), I couldn't find them, but I didn't look very closely either.

So we went back to Tomorrowland to buy them. Charms are 85 cents each, not sure how much the elastic string thing cost, but I'm sure you could just buy them from a craft store if necessary. They are in a display bin on the circular thing where the cash registers are.

I'll try to take a picture of the charms I got. I didn't think of getting gifts for people, or putting something together would have been a great idea... grrr. I tried looking on ebay and searched google, but couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words... I wonder if they're available at Disney stores, like in the mall....

Like SCUBAbe said, there are letters, numbers, and Disney icons like Mickey's red shorts, his yellow show, sorcerer's hat, a shooting star, a butterfly... very very cute, indeed.

Edit- I just did another search on google for +disney +ceramic +bead and I did find listings on ebay... so I guess it has been done...

Hawaiian Cinderella
07-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks for taking me to Disneyland, I really enjoyed it....the months are dragging by until my next visit :(

shawnarae
07-13-2005, 12:30 PM
I got the beads/charms at the store in Tomorrowland (near Space Mountain). When we first went in the store, my sister bought a couple of souvenirs (a charm for $4?, and a silicone bracelet w/ Mouse ears imprinted for $2) - I saw the beads but didn't buy them. Then we left Tomorrowland and though we stopped in a few more stores (on Main Street, Fantasyland, Adventureland), I couldn't find them, but I didn't look very closely either.

So we went back to Tomorrowland to buy them. Charms are 85 cents each, not sure how much the elastic string thing cost, but I'm sure you could just buy them from a craft store if necessary. They are in a display bin on the circular thing where the cash registers are.

I'll try to take a picture of the charms I got. I didn't think of getting gifts for people, or putting something together would have been a great idea... grrr. I tried looking on ebay and searched google, but couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words... I wonder if they're available at Disney stores, like in the mall....

Like SCUBAbe said, there are letters, numbers, and Disney icons like Mickey's red shorts, his yellow show, sorcerer's hat, a shooting star, a butterfly... very very cute, indeed.

Edit- I just did another search on google for +disney +ceramic +bead and I did find listings on ebay... so I guess it has been done...

Sounds cute :) I need I need!!!!