PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feel obsessed?

Pages : [1] 2

minniemom
07-12-2005, 08:36 AM
Since we decided to start planning our annual trip to DL, I can't think about anything else. It is like I am comsumed with anticipation!!!!

AlbertaMinnie
07-12-2005, 08:50 AM
I do know exactly what you mean! We started planning our trip 11 months ago, we're driving (32 hours), and stopping at many other places along the way - However..............all I can concentrate on is visiting Mouse Planet daily, and counting the number of sleeps! Thank goodness we leave on Thursday...............I don't know how much more of this I could take!!!

minniemom
07-12-2005, 09:14 AM
you are so lucky that it is coming so soon!

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-12-2005, 09:39 AM
My husband and I are the same way. One year we decided to plan a cruise as it was around the time I was going to graduate from grad school and we also started talking about having kids. So we thought, why not have one big vacation. So we researched through the internet, contacted a couple of travel agencies and got brochures about the different cruise lines. We went back and forth for 4 months trying to pick an itinerary and the cruise line. Morning, day and night we talked about it and weighed our options. I had a coworker that was planning her anniversary trip on a cruise as well so when I was at work, she and I would discuss the same things and trade information. So finally my husband and I picked Celebrity Cruise, balcony room to Alaska for June. We put our deposit in and still we were obsessed and planned each day on the cruise and when we reached each port. Then out of the blue, we found a deal on Norwegian Cruise Line, balcony room as well that leaves in two weeks for $500 each (included airfare and port/taxes) and immediately withdrew our reservations for the other one and booked the NCL one. All that planning and obsessing for the specific cruise and we ended up going on another cruise line and a different place....LOL.

Skunker
07-12-2005, 11:06 AM
I am obsessed too!! I read everything I can, look at pictures, talk to my sister about it (she's going in December), and read Disneyland websites. My son has watched The Haunted Mansion over and over for the last week. I sometimes think the anticipation of going is half the fun!

I do think these forums help because we can see the park through others that go and get updates until we are actually able to be there ourselves.

At least we're in good company in our obsession!

tlovesdis
07-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Oh, I am so very obsessed! The minute we get back I start planning the next trip!

I am even in the beginning stages of planning our first WDW trip that will not take place until January 2007! That is 18 months from now!!!

MrsPooh
07-12-2005, 11:39 AM
That's me too. We start planning our next trip when the last one is over. We will be there in less than 2 weeks and it really hit me yesterday. I can almost smell the smells on Main Street, can smell POTC, I want to try that honey popcorn!

Yup, I am obsessed, and Piglet is right behind me! ;)

AlbertaMinnie
07-12-2005, 11:40 AM
I am obsessed too!! I read everything I can, look at pictures, talk to my sister about it (she's going in December), and read Disneyland websites. My son has watched The Haunted Mansion over and over for the last week. I sometimes think the anticipation of going is half the fun!

I do think these forums help because we can see the park through others that go and get updates until we are actually able to be there ourselves.

At least we're in good company in our obsession!

We found the Tower of Terror movie! It's AWESOME and really gets you hyped up for the ride! It's an old movie and we could only find it at a corner video rental store in VHS. Don't forget to watch Pirates too!! Isn't it fun?!?!

I love all the updates, advice and money-saving tips that Mousplaneters give us!

39 Hours until we leave!!!! Even though it will be a 32 hour drive I just can't wait. !!!

AlbertaMinnie
07-12-2005, 11:42 AM
you are so lucky that it is coming so soon!

I know - but it's been an agonizing wait!!! When are you going?

Skunker
07-12-2005, 11:55 AM
We found the Tower of Terror movie! It's AWESOME and really gets you hyped up for the ride! It's an old movie and we could only find it at a corner video rental store in VHS. Don't forget to watch Pirates too!! Isn't it fun?!?!

I love all the updates, advice and money-saving tips that Mousplaneters give us!

39 Hours until we leave!!!! Even though it will be a 32 hour drive I just can't wait. !!!

Thank you for the tip about the movie - I'll try to find it this weekend! And we will definetly be watching Pirates again too - just love that movie and ride. You are so lucky to be leaving in 39 hours! Have a great time!

Disney Vault
07-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I also become obsessed even when not planning a trip :D

aktink
07-12-2005, 12:02 PM
We are going October 6th as a surprise for my daughters 18th birthday. This means I have to keep it secret for my two dd's! This is my only outlet to share, do my research and just talk about it. Thanks mouseplanet!

ima_mickeyfan
07-12-2005, 01:39 PM
:D I am so anxious about our vacation...it's not till sept. but right when we get back, we are going to plan our WDW vacation for next year! got to love that MOUSE!!! :)

heather
07-12-2005, 01:39 PM

I HAVE the tower of terror movie! somewhere... That is a good way to get all amped up for my trip though.. thank you!

I work at a gas station, and on the calender, my coworker wrote when I was leaving.. so my customers ask me about how excited I am alll day. Whenever I start to talk about Disneyland.. I get this huge grin, and my eyes go wide and I talk really fast..

Im really excited.

Mark Mywords
07-12-2005, 01:49 PM
OK, let's see... I'm currently planning another trip in September (we just got back) and also helping set up a Disneyland 50th Birthday party in Sacramento.

I guess I'm slightly obsessed... ;)

mkcbunny
07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
We are all addicts!!

I can hardly wait 'til November, and I just went in May!!

Hawaiian Cinderella
07-12-2005, 02:22 PM
I always plan our next trip while we are there...go on these boards at least twice a day as well as visit the other disney related websites each morning. My DH says I am Disneyland koo-koo :p

Opus1guy
07-12-2005, 03:08 PM
We are all addicts!!

Congratulations! An admission of your addiction is the first step toward beating it.

The second step is ignoring the first step, and going right back to your Disneyland addiction with reckless abandon.

There are no other steps.

Enjoy!

:)

CrazyMouse
07-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I so obsessed ever since I was a kid, and when I took my first step into Disneyland. I can't wait to go to Disneyland in August. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!! And I cant stop thinking about Disneyland.

disneyperson
07-12-2005, 03:36 PM
obsessed? yup. addicted to Disneyland? yup. We are always either planning a visit, on a visit, or just returned from a visit.
Nerds? Geeks? Oh yeah.

Hakuna Makarla
07-12-2005, 03:38 PM
pssssst ask Sally ha ha ha , I think she has this :) ( joking Sally) :)

rfaljean
07-12-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm driving my hubby crazy.... He enjoys going, but hates the planning.... He doesn't
understand my obsession, the wonderful memories of going as a family when I was young (at least twice/yr). In fact, the first time he went was for our 3rd anniversary
(12 yrs ago).... He prefers the pick up and go trips, not the well thought out, planned ones... I'm getting psyched and I'm spreading the obsession to my 13,11 & 7 yr old daughters.... My 18 month old son even smiles when we say Disneyland.....

I can't wait until Nov 29th...aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!

Opus1guy
07-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Anyone feel obsessed?

And if you should feel absessed...there's always Dr. Bits.

[rimshot]

Tinkerbelle
07-12-2005, 04:15 PM
haha. I know that I am obsessed. I was just on vacation for a week, and I couldn't stop thinking about how much I missed Disneyland and all my friends there. :(

Shortiemetoo
07-12-2005, 04:43 PM
I am obsessed...disneyland and food... :D