PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to DCA at 2:00 AM

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ppmuse
07-11-2005, 07:07 PM
For the first time, my little family, and my mom and her friend, and possibly my wife's sister are all going to jump in a rented van and head down to Disneyland on Saturday night. We will then get in line for the Timon Parking, and be in DCA around 2:00 AM. This spur of the moment trip is so exciting that my wife can't calm down. And of course, I'm way pumped, even teary eyed :crying: . So is anybody else going to be there that early? Any big plans other than partying for 24 hours? Let me, and everybody know. Because if I knew anybody in the neighborhood actually cared, I'd be yelling it from the rooftops!!

Disney Vault
07-11-2005, 07:41 PM
I would totally do this if I lived in the area or was visiting at that time. But sadly I wont be there for the big day.

coronado_g
07-11-2005, 07:56 PM
For the first time, my little family, and my mom and her friend, and possibly my wife's sister are all going to jump in a rented van and head down to Disneyland on Saturday night. We will then get in line for the Timon Parking, and be in DCA around 2:00 AM. This spur of the moment trip is so exciting that my wife can't calm down. And of course, I'm way pumped, even teary eyed :crying: . So is anybody else going to be there that early? Any big plans other than partying for 24 hours? Let me, and everybody know. Because if I knew anybody in the neighborhood actually cared, I'd be yelling it from the rooftops!!

Go ahead and shout your joy!!

pretty Omi
07-11-2005, 07:56 PM
i heard they were opeing DCA from 12 til 1 am, but they coul've been wrong... and the cast members looked at us like they were crazy :~D ... so i'm curious were you heard it from, so we can make sure the time is right

ppmuse
07-11-2005, 07:58 PM
On the Mouseplanet Disneyland Update, it has some new information, which is all highlighted in blue. That new information tells you that the DCA will open at 2, and close around 6. Everybody in DCA will then be taken in to Disneyland at around 7.

pretty Omi
07-11-2005, 08:10 PM
alright awesome, thanks, i forgot to read the update today lol :p

ae's mom
07-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Yell from the rooftops!!! I bet I hear you out here in Woodland!! :p
Have a great time!!

BQ2
07-11-2005, 08:22 PM
No

phoenixfire2k5
07-11-2005, 08:26 PM

Yep, you bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna be there, towards the front of the line. :D

mckygirl99
07-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I will be there ALONE!! :crying: I am the only premium passholder among friends and family and the only total Disney fan crazy enough to stand out there in the middle of the night out of all of them. My husband thinks I am crazy but I wouldn't miss this for anything. Oh well, maybe I'll bring a book to read!

noonle
07-11-2005, 09:41 PM
My friend and I probably are going to do it! We're doing the merchandise event on Friday and Saturday, and I'll probably stay up all night Saturday morning reading Harry Potter, but it sounds like a crazy, fun idea! Wooooo! We're just counting down the days until we leave on Thursday... :)

BenG
07-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I'll go by myself but I think I'll get to DCA around 5 am, I want to catch some sleep before waiting in line :D

djdrama
07-11-2005, 11:47 PM
ill be there with my brother.....someone organize a meet up so we can all be in line together.....message me your info.....

TowerofTerror
07-12-2005, 12:31 AM
I will be there at dca when it opens I want to be one of the first in line.I will be going alone.Im up for having an meet in line while were in DCA

SoCalDisneyLover
07-12-2005, 06:31 AM
I'm going by myself as well, but might not get there until closer to 5 AM or so. I'm still debating the timing. Hopefully those of us going solo can meet up at some point so we have some fellow diehards to hang with during the wait.

PumbaaMan
07-12-2005, 06:32 AM
I noticed that it states you must have a valid admission for the 17th. Does anyone know if this includes AP holders? I would like to be there, but it all depends on if i can use my AP.

kaykayf
07-12-2005, 06:36 AM
I will be there too!!! :) :) :)

SoCalDisneyLover
07-12-2005, 06:41 AM
I noticed that it states you must have a valid admission for the 17th. Does anyone know if this includes AP holders? I would like to be there, but it all depends on if i can use my AP.

It MUST be a Premium Pass Only! From what they've been saying, they might not be selling Blockout upgrades that day, and if they do, it won't be until at least 8 AM. I would not take a chance. If you want to go, get a Premium, or else find a discounted multi-day hopper pass for less than the 1-Day admission price, and give away/sell the left over days after you're done.

I would strongly suggest not arriving without a pass which can be used when the gates open, otherwise you might be disappointed, especially if they decide to not sell Any tickets at all that day, which is a possibility also.

Micki0624
07-12-2005, 06:42 AM
I think it depends on what kind of AP you have. The premium has no blackout date. I will be there at 2 am. I am wondering will we be allowed to bring blankets, pillows, and chairs?

SoCalDisneyLover
07-12-2005, 06:54 AM
I think it depends on what kind of AP you have. The premium has no blackout date. I will be there at 2 am. I am wondering will we be allowed to bring blankets, pillows, and chairs?

I can't see them having a problem with the blankets and pillows, but chairs they might not like. Do they normally restrict chairs during regular operations? They also said that if you decide to leave DCA during the wait, you have to surrender your wristband position, which could make it difficult if you need to bring stuff back to your car before 7 AM. Not sure how it's all going to work, but it would suck to be carrying a chair around Disneyland all day. Those wouldn't fit in a locker, whereas blankets and pillows might.

Gone2Disneyland
07-12-2005, 07:08 AM
I can't see them having a problem with the blankets and pillows, but chairs they might not like. Do they normally restrict chairs during regular operations? They also said that if you decide to leave DCA during the wait, you have to surrender your wristband position, which could make it difficult if you need to bring stuff back to your car before 7 AM. Not sure how it's all going to work, but it would suck to be carrying a chair around Disneyland all day. Those wouldn't fit in a locker, whereas blankets and pillows might.

I think blankets will be fine for sure; you see those everywhere for Fantasmic! and Remember... I'm also hoping to find a cheap (hopefully) camping seat that I can easily fold up and stow in my backpack that I can lug along around Disneyland. Then, I'll just need some light munchies, a flashlight, and my new Harry Potter book.

I'll be going solo with my Premium Passport as well, so if there're any suggestions for a group thing at DCA, please post it here.

BTW, wouldn't Walt Disney just be beside himself with awe and amazement with what he and his brother have done to us? :)

Hakuna Makarla
07-12-2005, 07:17 AM
please ,if any of you have a video of this day and time please share. !!!

experiment626
07-12-2005, 07:19 AM
I plan on rolling out of my nice (hopefully) comfy bed accross the street and make my way over to DCA at about 5am.

fjhuerta
07-12-2005, 07:37 AM
The really interesting thing is that being at DCA at 2.00 AM is actually my idea of what a good time there may be. You have a nice pier, lit attractions, can't see the outside, and have a wine bar inside!

Maybe Disney should open DCA at night and DL during the day... :D

ppmuse
07-12-2005, 07:43 AM
My wife and I bought two Mickey pillows at WDW four years ago, and we will be sleeping on those in line. That is, unless we're non-stop talking or just full of adrenaline, which I'm guessing we probably will be. My son, just over a year, will hopefully sleep most of it. What I like is the fact of all the people in hotel rooms, and they probably won't be getting out of bed until 5 AM. Maybe give us a chance to high tail it over to Space Mountain for a quick morning ride. Bring it on, BRING IT ON!!!