PDA

View Full Version : Is the Fantasyland Skyway station still standing? Where is it?

Pages : [1] 2

fjhuerta
07-11-2005, 05:05 PM
I think I read over at Yesterland that the Fantasyland station was still there. I don't remember ever seeing it (I just remembered - I watched a couple of pics I had from the 35th Anniversary, and I was riding it!). Is it still standing? Where is it?

Opus1guy
07-11-2005, 05:09 PM
It's still standing and it's exactly where it always was.

stitchlvr
07-11-2005, 05:14 PM
It's easy to miss these days since it's covered with trees and bushes. It's to your right as you leave Fantasyland towards the Thunder Mountain trail set back from the walkway.

The Mouse Is Back
07-11-2005, 05:16 PM
I think I read over at Yesterland that the Fantasyland station was still there. I don't remember ever seeing it (I just remembered - I watched a couple of pics I had from the 35th Anniversary, and I was riding it!). Is it still standing? Where is it?

It's across from the Village Haus restaurant, around the corner from the Pinocchio ride. Up in the pine trees. ::sigh:: I miss the Skyway sooooooo much. :crying:

-Allegra-

Doug
07-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Ok, anyone have a pic, so we can all find it?

Why about the towers for the skyway, are any remnants visible today?

I have thought about doing a little Dland archaeology ;) What else can we find?

Shortiemetoo
07-11-2005, 05:24 PM
It's across from the Village Haus restaurant, around the corner from the Pinocchio ride. Up in the pine trees. ::sigh:: I miss the Skyway sooooooo much. :crying:

-Allegra-

I miss it too!!! I loved riding those at night especially! And it always seemed so much cooler up there!!

stitchlvr
07-11-2005, 05:27 PM
This last trip I was telling my DD about it and how it went through the Matterhorn. She wants it to come back. That and Adventure Through Inner Space; she thinks that sounds great. I tried to explain to her how Adventur would look pretty silly nowadays, and she said, "Why can't they do it using cool special effects?" Got me thinking.......

Doug
07-11-2005, 05:33 PM
You know... no reason why they couldn't do a modern version? Look at Space mtn...

This last trip I was telling my DD about it and how it went through the Matterhorn. She wants it to come back. That and Adventure Through Inner Space; she thinks that sounds great. I tried to explain to her how Adventur would look pretty silly nowadays, and she said, "Why can't they do it using cool special effects?" Got me thinking.......

Opus1guy
07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
You know... no reason why they couldn't do a modern version? Look at Space mtn...

Well...there's always Body Wars at Epcot. That's another shrinking "ride."

Chadsgal
07-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Hope it is what you were looking for I had to climb behind a couple gate things to take this. :)

h_lehmann
07-11-2005, 07:08 PM
The Fantasyland station is still there, almost overgrown by trees, just up the hill from the Storybook boats. The towers are all gone now, and the hole through the Matterhorn has been long closed up so that you can't tell it was even there.
The Tomorrowland Station used to sit, I think, between the Tomorrowland railroad station and Innoventions.

http://www.tinybackyard.com/albums/disneyland1981/8104X_11.sized.jpg

Wendi
07-11-2005, 10:08 PM
We got to unlock the chain and climb partway up the stairs for our Mysteries Myths and Legends tour last year... it was bittersweet. I want it back too!

Opus1guy
07-11-2005, 10:52 PM
They should turn it into a Pin Trader's Lounge.

Free lemon-aids and band-aids.

:)

AB29
07-12-2005, 06:08 AM
I've heard that it has been discussed........that is all I know now

stitchlvr
07-12-2005, 06:52 AM
I've heard that it has been discussed........that is all I know now

That would be so cool. OK, now my hopes are up! I really didn't think there was a chance. What is the Body Wars ride at WDW? I haven't been there.

fjhuerta
07-12-2005, 07:37 AM
It's still standing and it's exactly where it always was.
Uh... thanks, I guess. :confused:

fjhuerta
07-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Hope it is what you were looking for I had to climb behind a couple gate things to take this. :)

AWESOME. Thank you very much for your pic. I think I did see it this time around - I wondered what it was, and kept on walking. NOW I remember the station, and I remember the slight "push" the attendants gave you... ah, memories.... :fez:

fjhuerta
07-12-2005, 07:41 AM
The Fantasyland station is still there, almost overgrown by trees, just up the hill from the Storybook boats. The towers are all gone now, and the hole through the Matterhorn has been long closed up so that you can't tell it was even there.
The Tomorrowland Station used to sit, I think, between the Tomorrowland railroad station and Innoventions.

http://www.tinybackyard.com/albums/disneyland1981/8104X_11.sized.jpg

As a side note, I find it interesting that Walt was bothered by the towers that supported the Skyway, so he built the Matterhorn around it. Current management may have plastered some cheap cardboard cutouts to hide them instead... :(

Disney Vault
07-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I would love for it to be used as something but not for the skyway. The skyway was U-G-L-Y ugly.

The Mouse Is Back
07-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I would love for it to be used as something but not for the skyway. The skyway was U-G-L-Y ugly.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how...um...better not say what I was thinking. ;)

-Allegra-

Disney Vault
07-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how...um...better not say what I was thinking. ;)

-Allegra-
lol :p

I looked fine in Tomorrowland but I hated it in Fantasyland. It just made the whole area look cheap.

Opus1guy
07-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Today, Skyway would fit right in.

California Adventure.

:(

Disney Vault
07-12-2005, 03:16 PM

California Adventure.

Don't give that company any ideas because they would probably do that.

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 03:17 PM

California Adventure.

For some reason, I can't picture it there.

phoenixfire2k5
07-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Don't give that company any ideas because they would probably do that.

Ya beat me again!! You are too fast!! :p