PDA

View Full Version : late september/early october

minniemom
07-11-2005, 03:37 PM
We are planning a trip to the park either late sep or early oct. Does any one know of any conventions or big school breaks? The last week in sep worked great last year, but wanted to check before booking.

shawnarae
07-11-2005, 03:52 PM
No school for Vegas kids Oct 28th. Nevada Day :)

allye
07-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi, year around school in san Diego first break is September 19-October11. But we went to disneyland two year ago during this break. There wasn't that many people.It was nice. We are going to Disneyland, September 27-31.

infinite
07-11-2005, 06:07 PM
No school for Vegas kids Oct 28th. Nevada Day :)
But the 31st is Nevada Day. I know, they don’t observe it on the day anymore…but still, technically, it is.

shawnarae
07-11-2005, 07:50 PM
I did not realize it was on Halloween :) Do they automatically observe it on the last Fri of the month of Oct? Interesting!

mattsmomma
07-11-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm going the first weekend in Oct, and there is a big group expected there to draw large crowds, but at least I know they'll be open late & shouldn't have too many rides down.

MammaSilva
07-11-2005, 09:01 PM
First weekend of October is traditionally Gay Days ....second weekend is the tentative date for the fall MouseAdventure...with all the year round schools it's a safe bet SOME one's kids are out of school around then but that's the case no matter when you choose to go these days. The weather is great that time of year....the days are a little shorter and there are going to be rides down for refurb and parades/fireworks and fantasmic usually are on a modified schedule (ususally fireworks/fantasmic go to weekends only)....but as with all things Disney nothing is in stone til that day.

minniemom
07-12-2005, 07:06 AM
I have heard the park is busy due to the 50th? How much more than normal?

shawnarae
07-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Not sure how it will be in Sept or Oct, but this past Saturday was not bad at all! Sunday was busier then Sat for sure. We rode everything we wanted at DCA & DL without a wait really. We did DL before Noon & DCA after Noon. We did not even use Fastpasses either :)

minniemom
07-12-2005, 07:16 AM
I hate to sound spoiled, but with three kids wait time is SOOO important!