PDA

View Full Version : VMK Quests Info Needed

BigAlH
07-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Heading down to DL end of this week. I've read about the free tour if you complete the VMK quests. Question for those who have done this. My 11 year old son will be in a wheelchair (broken growth plate in his foot). Are the quests possible to completely (in a reasonable amount of time) pushing him around? Are there any tips or something to help us jump start this? My feeling is dealing with crowds in the wheelchair won't be extremely fast and we may not be able to complete the 3 quests in a timely manner.

We'll be there on the 17th, then 4 more days throughout the week (of course part of that time will be in DCA).

Thanks for any tips/pointers/help.

-al

Darkbeer
07-11-2005, 02:38 PM
You should have no problem...

If you need some help, stop by any of the meets I am hosting, and I will be happy to answer any questions... (The link to the list of meets is in my signature below)

jetkitten
07-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Heading down to DL end of this week. I've read about the free tour if you complete the VMK quests. Question for those who have done this. My 11 year old son will be in a wheelchair (broken growth plate in his foot). Are the quests possible to completely (in a reasonable amount of time) pushing him around? Are there any tips or something to help us jump start this? My feeling is dealing with crowds in the wheelchair won't be extremely fast and we may not be able to complete the 3 quests in a timely manner.

We'll be there on the 17th, then 4 more days throughout the week (of course part of that time will be in DCA).

Thanks for any tips/pointers/help.

-al
my mom is in a wheelchair and there were only two questions that are wheeelchair un friendly. both are on the adventureland quest. #5 and #6
highlight for answers
#5 Stung by Scorpion
#6 vulture

The tour if you go is very good. Only thing that you may not be able to ride is the big thunder.

BigAlH
07-11-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks to both for the info.

Darkbeer - will try to hook up but with 2 kids wanting to have fun it's hard to say if I'll be able to make it. Will shoot for 1pm on Monday though...

-al

jennia
07-11-2005, 06:07 PM
We did the quests in a wheelchair. We'll also be doing the VIP tour in a wheelchair one of these days!! :D

SCUBAbe
07-11-2005, 06:34 PM
try to get to the tour early for sign ups. When I was there they would not sign people up the day before at the tours were filled by 2:00pm. On sunday we went at 10:00am to sign up for the tour and were told they were all full. They said there was a line at 8am to sign up for it. We went on space went back to ask another question and kelly was there (we love kelly) she said it wasn't full. there was one spot left, but she let my daughter and I both go becasue of the run around we got saturday and that morning. there's a lot of mis-information from different people at the vmk booth, but kelly is awesome!!

Darkbeer
07-11-2005, 07:12 PM
By the way, the answer to Question #6 in the Adventureland quest given above is WRONG! Just listen to the sounds the bird makes in the queue... It has been reported that the CM's are giving credit for one of two answers....

disneyland addict13
07-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Just a quick question about the tour that is given after all three quests are completed. Would the tour be interesting/enjoyable to people who don't play VMK? I do but the rest of my family doesn't.

Darkbeer
07-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Just a quick question about the tour that is given after all three quests are completed. Would the tour be interesting/enjoyable to people who don't play VMK? I do but the rest of my family doesn't.

For the most part, yes.. you get backdoored to the Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, the DLRR (New Orleans Square to Tomorrowland) and Innoventions. But they do describe a lot about VMK, and play trivia games to get VMK codes.... So it is more interesting for those who have some understanding of the game...

disney jones
07-11-2005, 08:08 PM
i agree that unless you're into VMK, the tour is rather plain. I wouldn't recommend the tour unless you plan to do VMK. between getting the answers to the quests and doing the tour, it'll eat up 4-5 hours of your visit - time better spent on other stuff.

We did it, and then we regisitered for VMK at Innoventions, so our characters are now born at DL, but i'm not sure how much we'll be playing it. I'm just not too excited about it all, and the tour did nothing to change my mind.

adriennek
07-11-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm seeing this happen a lot so I'm going to start posting reminders to everyone:

Here's why we don't use invisible text: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=28424 plus, it isn't invisible on every system on every screen.

Here's how to post a spoiler: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=28424

Adrienne

Christiii
07-23-2005, 08:09 AM
does anyone know where to find the answers to the quests?? I KNOW its cheating, but its soooooo hoooooot here and Im only in the parks during the evenings..and I want to do the tour before I leave!! heeeeelp!!!
did I mention its hot here?? yeeeeps!! its so humid..I hope its beeter today...sheesh!!

sriggins
07-24-2005, 10:11 PM
does anyone know where to find the answers to the quests?? I KNOW its cheating, but its soooooo hoooooot here and Im only in the parks during the evenings..and I want to do the tour before I leave!! heeeeelp!!!
did I mention its hot here?? yeeeeps!! its so humid..I hope its beeter today...sheesh!!

I know the answers :) (Well have not checked out tomorrow land yet)

If you ace all three, you get a free tour (or we did last weekend)

SCUBAbe
07-25-2005, 05:19 PM
I know the answers :) (Well have not checked out tomorrow land yet)

If you ace all three, you get a free tour (or we did last weekend)

I loved the tour...mostly because we got on so many rides without waiting...LOL...by the way...I may win the dork of the year award...i got black mouse ears (sorry the gold ones are ugly) with wendy on the back and my daughter got a pirate hat, minus the ugly feather, with brody on the back...our vmk names...LOL

BigAlH
07-28-2005, 12:21 PM
We completed the 3 quests along with the Tomorrowland quest - but we could not get a tour! Every time we checked they didn't have enough slots open for us. I was pretty bummed, because we missed out on the card you get at the end. I'm REALLY bummed now that I read about the Haunted Mansion quest and another set of cards.

My son is hooked and loves the game. He's rather upset we couldn't get the rest of the stuff...

They were also out of card #27. We got something as a replacement though.

If anyone has VMK tour or Haunted Mansion cards they've never used in the game my son would love them. Will send you a 7/17 maps in exchange! :D

-al

Lani
07-28-2005, 12:49 PM
I was told when I got the tour card that I really needed to show up at rope drop to ensure that I would get a spot on the tour for that day. There are only two tours a day, and the capacity is only 15 people per tour. Since one person can take up to four people with their one card, you can see how that fills up really quickly.

For those who are coming in from out of town, I recommend going on the tour on a weekday so it's not quite so difficult to get yourself a spot.

BigAlH
07-28-2005, 12:54 PM
For those who are coming in from out of town, I recommend going on the tour on a weekday so it's not quite so difficult to get yourself a spot.

It was during the week, but unfortunately the week after the 17th which was insane. Staying at the park until after closing, it was rather difficult for us to get back at rope drop. By 10:00 they are down to 1 or 2 slots.