PDA

View Full Version : DLR Update information incorrect, please read

Pages : [1] 2

Alex S.
07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Just a heads up that we have received new information about how things are going to be handled on July 17th. The information we were givne previously and included in today's Park Update is no longer correct.

We are in the process of getting the new information organized and will post it here shortly and get the DLR Update corrected as soon as possible.

Just wanted to alert anybody relying on the information we published this morning.

phoenixfire2k5
07-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Just a heads up that we have received new information about how things are going to be handled on July 17th. The information we were givne previously and included in today's Park Update is no longer correct.

We are in the process of getting the new information organized and will post it here shortly and get the DLR Update corrected as soon as possible.

Just wanted to alert anybody relying on the information we published this morning.

Thanks for the update, Alex. After reading that, I know more of what to expect on the 17th, but still skeptical about what was incorrect. So I'm waiting for the corrections. But still, I'm now even more excited about being there that day. :D Ooooooowee, I can't wait.

McKmouse
07-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for letting us know! I appreciate your efforts to keep everyone informed.

:)

Alex S.
07-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Ok, it is updated:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/index.htm

The biggest change is that they are going to allow camping after all, letting people queue in DCA starting at 2am.

nursemelis374
07-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Does anybody know if they will be selling tickets that day yet or if guest services will be open? My friend has a deluxe AP and needs to get the 30 dollar ticket for that day. Is that going to even be possible?

phoenixfire2k5
07-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Ok, it is updated:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/index.htm

The biggest change is that they are going to allow camping after all, letting people queue in DCA starting at 2am.

Heh heh, thanks for the update again, Alex. Looks like I won't be home at all between that Saturday and Sunday. I'll just stay there till closing on Saturday, and make sure I'm back in the esplanade before they open at 2am. Ooooooweeeee I can't wait. :D

Andrew
07-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Isn't 2:00 AM about when the bars close?

phoenixfire2k5
07-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Isn't 2:00 AM about when the bars close?

LOL! Yep. My question is, would I be able to do what I have in mind? Stay there till Dland closes on Saturday, and be able to get to the DCA entrance before it opens? My guess is, there will already be people here lined up for it once the gates close.

millionairegirl
07-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Oh dear, what do I do, what do I do? Nobody wants to go with me, but am I that big of a Disney geek that I'm willing to sit in DCA all night long alone? I guess I'll have the new Harry Potter book to read...

Hakuna Makarla
07-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Oh dear, what do I do, what do I do? Nobody wants to go with me, but am I that big of a Disney geek that I'm willing to sit in DCA all night long alone? I guess I'll have the new Harry Potter book to read...

awwwwwwwwww well my guess is you will meet some nice people and you will be closer to disney :) I wish I was there to go with ya!!

phoenixfire2k5
07-11-2005, 12:12 PM

ROTFL!!!! No, you're not. I'm that way too!! I'm more than likely going to go by myself, and I'm hoping to have the new book with me as well. My fingers are crossed. If you see a guy sitting by himself with the new HP book, or reading some book (probably Summer of the Monkeys, one of my favs), then thats me!! :D

Tinker Bell
07-11-2005, 12:25 PM
I will be there along with you guys. I can't stand the idea Of not being there.DO we line up at the DCA gates before 2 maybe around 1 in the morn. Or at the security. Where does the line really begin.

phoenixfire2k5
07-11-2005, 12:28 PM
I will be there along with you guys. I can't stand the idea Of not being there.DO we line up at the DCA gates before 2 maybe around 1 in the morn. Or at the security. Where does the line really begin.

Thats what I'm wondering. I just checked the schedules, and DCA closes at 10 pm on Saturday. Maybe line up then, I don't know. Either way, look for a guy with a blue Eastport backpack. Thats me. :D

Tinker Bell
07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
I will be with the crazy pin lady.

phoenixfire2k5
07-11-2005, 12:58 PM
I will be with the crazy pin lady.

I am hopefully going to be near the front of the gates when they open DCA.

T&Rshep
07-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know anything about the entrance plan for DL Hotel guests?

redcon1
07-11-2005, 01:58 PM
So what this comes down to is you have to line up just to go to another line which will let you line up for a third line? Yikes!! :eek:

Micki0624
07-11-2005, 02:10 PM
I am planning on being in line at 2am. I am wondering is there any limitations to what I can bring for the long wait? (blankets, pillows, chairs) If anyone was in line May 5th and can shed some light that would be great.

Alex S.
07-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Does anybody know if they will be selling tickets that day yet or if guest services will be open? My friend has a deluxe AP and needs to get the 30 dollar ticket for that day. Is that going to even be possible?

The ticket booths will be open, do they normally sell the blackout tickets? I don't know if Guest Services will be open.

Tinker Bell
07-11-2005, 02:42 PM
we lined up at 6am on may 5 and was 5 in line at DL gate so we did not have such a need.

I will wear my Mouse Planet button so if you see us say Hi. If you can't stand pin trading RUN. LOL

Grumpy4
07-11-2005, 03:30 PM
I was under the impression that blackout tickets will not be sold. Those that have SoCal or Deluxe have to pay full admission. In another question, I'm assuming the answer is no, but premium passholders don't need to purchase a day ticket do they? They still get in, provided they get there at the right time.

nursemelis374
07-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Well, we just spoke with guest services. They will be opening at 0715 on Sunday. They more than likely will not be selling blackout tickets. She said the only real options were to upgrade to premium or to buy a one-day tickes, but to do both of these before Sunday.

She also said that nobody will have guaranteed entry that day and they are strongly advising that you get there early, even if you are staying at one of the hotels. They are supposedly getting another update later in the week and will have even more information then.

SCUBAbe
07-11-2005, 04:38 PM

ok..on that note...I will not be going this weekend...2am...OMG it's just DL...LOL

Shortiemetoo
07-11-2005, 05:07 PM
we lined up at 6am on may 5 and was 5 in line at DL gate so we did not have such a need.

I will wear my Mouse Planet button so if you see us say Hi. If you can't stand pin trading RUN. LOL

I love pin trading...are you going to try to get the limited edition pin that comes out that day??? I wonder how that will work, trying to get in line for that if you are already in line for DL in DCA?? :eek:

Opus1guy
07-11-2005, 05:08 PM
I honestly think that if you just show up like 8-9am...you'll have no problem getting in. There's no doubt there will be the hardcore fans that will want to go in with that first wave. Could even be 10 or 20 thousand of 'em. But I really think most folks will be arriving around normal opening time, and won't be camping out.

Your Mileage May Vary.